The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors are immune to hits at the exit

Malkhrim
Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

Just happened to me in a match in The Thompson House. A survivor was right at the edge of the exit, a single step of escaping... and it had cover against all hits. I tried to hit her with a basic attack many times, but was hitting what appeared to be an invisible wall instead.

Apparently, all you have to do is stand right before the edge where you escape and you have an invisible cover against all hits. This makes impossible to force survivors in the gate area to leave, and allows them to self-heal there without being interrupted by the killer. I don't know if it happens on other maps, I've only seen a survivor stand in that spot once today.

7 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Pavlo_Va
    Pavlo_Va Member Posts: 1

I had this happen to me as well but as a survivor. It's happened to me twice now with the first instance I thought it might of been just the killer missing their hits but I after seeing it again today with a different killer I more than certain it's a bug. I was recording at the time as well so if the devs need footage of the bug I do have it. The killer of the game also said they reported me for being invincible so there should be a player report that relates to the match when the bug occurred. However unlike @Malkhrim the bug appeared on both Macmillan Estate and on Coldwind Farm.

• chaya
    chaya Member Posts: 2

can confirm i was the killer of one of the matches pav is referring to i 100% couldn't effect him in anyway and he was able to self care without me having any effect at stopping them it was like hitting a solid wall.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I've had this issue as well!

• Alexosaur
    Alexosaur Member Posts: 2

Had this happen to me tonight. Survivor came into my chat afterwards to say they knew it was a bug too and were exploiting it. It honestly doesn't make a difference to the outcome of the game but can still be annoying to deal with. Here's a clip of it happening to me: https://clips.twitch.tv/FriendlyCautiousCourgetteLeeroyJenkins-pdK16phlJ-ki-H3g.

• Drag0n100
    Drag0n100 Member Posts: 40

Happened to me as well, I don't think it's map or killer dependent, as it's happened 3 games in a row on different maps. Just put in a Bug Report myself before I found yours!

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,126

Same here too. Just had a stand off with one survivor as he waited whilst his mate was on the hook. Not a fan of DBD becoming "Staredown Simulator".