No SWF You Aren’t That Good

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

SWF escapes rates are only like 4% higher than non SWF matches statistically.

Don't confuse those super sweat comp groups and coordinated build SWFs with the majority of them. Most are just people playing together and just saying "I am going for save" or such and that is about the only coordination really lol.

The actual unfair SWF matches are rarer than people would have you believe.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I’m on console and Nurse is a pain to play. I tried her once and her power made me sick to play and kept getting stuck in walls.

• Dragonshensi

Demo is slow. Incredibly so. If you play as Demo and go up against a good SWF, most of the time the poor guy is going to lose, and horribly. He doesn’t have the power to properly counteract hun

• Dragonshensi

Most of the streamers I watch go against randoms. When they do go against good SWF teams even they struggle, and hard. Even people like True and Otz admit it’s not fun and just miserable to go against these kind of squads.

• Danoobiel
    Danoobiel Member Posts: 132

SWF is the "very easy" difficulty for survs.

SWF should have handycaps like longer gens times or Killers should get more killer perks slots when playing against them.

• Dragonshensi

4% is still an extremely high number. Just have a two man SWF team greatly increases the teams odds of survival.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

That’s just it- matches like that are in the minority if you watch the VOD. I’ve seen streamers like Tru and Umbra go for weeks without losing a killer match, while doing requests and killer rotations. Don’t get me wrong- I do think the game should be balanced around the best players. My point is that these “killer is good because streamer always wins....” arguments are bad because streamers win with literally any character they play (although Trickster is the one all of them struggle using.)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

I don't care if I'd get more upset. I just want to know what I was up against, instead of guessing and never knowing for sure.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I play solo que, my experiences with SWF mostly involve them not doing gens to BM the killer, throwing their injured selves at the killer when they go to hook their buddy.

Normally I escape through hatch and get called scummy for leaving them to die. It's an all around problem, it's a detriment, even.

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

And they also have 4 builds filled entirely with second chance crutch perks while doing so

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Being in a SWF doesn't mean they have a military style operation going on with comms. It's mostly just people chilling in a voice call. You're being outplayed and it's not because of SWF. Improve your gameplay. I have someone escape like once a month through the gates.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Swf keep people on gens at all times. solo leave gens because nobody knows who is going for the save. That is literally all you need to win in this game if you are semi decent at looping.

All a swf needs to do is call out "i am going for the save" and they are already leaps and bounds ahead of solo.

Then we get into teams actually trying to win and it just compounds it.

• SWF outside comms is one of the biggest issues in this game and it must be fixed, the problem is, you can't fix it.

One solution would be, if you are playing SWF the game takes over your microphone and disables it, making it so you cant use you're mic while you're ingame the problem is, you could get your phone, or another computer, there are too many ways to go around it.

Another "solution" would be, making it so people can't rankup from playing SWF but they are obviously not doing that.

The best fix to SWF comms would be removing SWF entirely from the game, which clearly cant be done because more than half of the playerbase plays SWF.

At the end of the day, this will always remain one of the biggest issues and will never be fixed, entitled survivors mains will remain cocky thinking they are good at the game when they are just abusing info they arent supposed to have.

• Do you know how fking broken a "I'm going for the save" is? That sentence alone gives the SWF group 100 times better gen efficiency than solo survivors, even if its only a 2 man group its already a big advantage, this game isnt supposed to be played with comms or else they would have been built into the game where survivors could join a voice chat.

• Twitchtherocket
    Twitchtherocket Member Posts: 4

I main gunslinger rank 1, I use hex ruin + undying(practically needed cause gen speed is cancer in the game). Then I run tinkerer with dying light. Very fun build.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2021

Actually if I got my ass handed to me I wouldn't feel as bad if it turned out to be a 4 man swf. I think the real reason there is no swf indicator is so we have less information. The devs like to say swf only makes up like 2% but if we had a way of finding out whose in a swf. We could do our own tests and be like "Hey. That 2% number you gave us. My last 8 out of 10 matches were 4 mans. 2% has to be wrong because this is mathematically improbable."

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646
    edited April 2021

I haven’t played a million hours but I’m a natural gamer. The ONLY advantage SWFs have is their synergy, and perk stacks. If you can disrupt their synergy you can beat a SWF even with all their overused perks. This can be really hard to do depending on how well the SWF has played together. Sometimes you just can’t win. The main issue with SWF being they do stuff right in your face!! I HATE THIS! They aren’t even intimidated by the killer! Usually they rush 2 gens by the time you catch someone. Then 2 gang up on you to help the one you caught while 1 is doing gens everywhere slowly. Then the Adrenaline player will grab your attention later before all gens are done to fully heal. There’s other little bits too you can pick up on when you observe their behavior.

Coulrophobia, Sloppy, and Nurses was really good for SWF dissonance. Their healing is slowed heavily, and they can’t one tap each other in your TR due to Coulro. If they heal around you Nurses reveals it. They have to go far away. Giving nearby gens time to regress, etc. It was easy to punish anyone this way.

Then they added We’re Gonna Live Forever, and Anti-Heal is completely cancelled out. It was sad. Two teammates can pretty much get someone up instantly even when taking hits for the downed person.

It’s really hard, but then Trickster came to save the day with his perk. If you’re sick of SWF run Agitation, Starstruck, and Infectious Fright. This is the new Anti-SWF set up, and I love it. It makes a SWFs vulnerable to making outlandish plays like healing a downed person in front of you with WGLF, BT right after hooking someone, point blank flash light attempts. You can even scare them from the hooks because the exposed makes it too risky to save. That’s 30 seconds that a hooked person will have to hang sometimes.

I did it with Trickster, and I just started using him. He’s gonna be my main because of this too. Plus I like his style. He isn’t super strong, but he’s fun. I would check the TTV players after a match, and they were always whining because of SS. Saying Starstruck breaks the game. No. SS doesn’t allow two of you ***** to raise someone right in front of a killer with little to no risk. SS doesn’t allow you to try to flash a killer point blank with little to no risk. SS doesn’t allow you to BT someone’s after a killer just hooked them. Not without the risk of being downed yourself for your boldness. SS can put them in their place, and that’s why they hate it. I love it. Not even a killer main either.

The devs need to add more perks like Starstruck to balance toxic SWF plays.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Killers say nice swf to me although i play soloq and i doubt im the only one.

Just because survivours cooperate doesent mean they are a team as you know cooperating is part of what makes you a good survivour.

In those cases its more of the killer players ego refusing to say that they got outplayed.

That being said when you check someones profile afterwards and see they actually were buddies on steam its pretty funny i agree with you.

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195

Ah yes 4 good players versus 1 good player why would it not be a struggle. Even then they still do win them quite alot.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’ve played with many random players in my days, I’ve learned a lot of survivors don’t even care about “winning” some get off to literally just upsetting the killer. They die getting slapped on the hook, if they can tell the killer is angry, they’re happy. When I’m a killer I don’t show any “feelings” at all, I don’t react. I just play the game. They want the reaction

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2021

Okay so if survivors are bad at the game, why are you using the very few good survivors as your reason as to why Demo is an overall bad killer? Shouldn't you be going off the overwhelming average of matches you get, which are bad survivors?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Do you have a source for that? Last time i saw stats by the devs about it, swf survival rate was a little over 10% higher than solo queue, so i would like to know if there are updated data.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

If you run in a 4man with stretched res, all meta perks and comms, you don't get to complain when I run NOED on Wraith with no slowdown.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

So, can i complain when i play solo with only one metaperk (iron will) and normal resolution? And can i expect you to run no brightness filters?

And how do you know beforehand when to turn those on and off?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

No- no video game community bases character strength on low levels of play. To give an example: a new player would have no idea how demo’s power works. Therefore it’s pointless to judge demo based on that since the survivor doesn’t know the basics.