I am starting to get tired of rage quitters

Options

For the longest time that I have been playing Dead by Daylight, I've been dealing with rage quits from both Survivors and Killers. So, despite me enjoying being a Killer, I just do not appreciate seeing a Survivor rage quit on his team of other Survivors and I am sorry to anyone that finds this annoying, although you have to admit this is starting to get out of hand. Moreover, sometimes I like to let the last Survivor escape due to my cool hunt and enjoying the game for fun. Above all, I do wonder if DEVS are really paying attention to a lot of this nonsense and trust me, even as I play a Survivor, sometimes I notice some work with the Killer and some just drop the game. (regardless of disconnection, I see it more common on being caught by a Killer and rage quit.) :(

Comments

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Okay, but how do you propose we balance this issue? It ain't the complaint section of the forums, it's the balance section, so how would you remedy this situation. I fully agree for the record, it's super lame when someone RQ's and I feel bad for the Survivors stuck in the game and often let them escape (after hooking them once each of course, gotta get them BP's).

• SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2018
    Options

I agree, rage quitting is a huge pain. It’s tricky to deal with because a punishment can cause players to not play in general, and we don’t want to be hurting the games population. Plus sometimes a player needs to leave a game for whatever reason. But for sure, losing/wasting your add-one and offerings in an unbalanced game is very aggravating. I propose adding in an end game bonus of bloodpoints, maybe like 5k, to encourage players to play/stay the entire game. It may not be a guaranteed success, but I feel its simple to implement and understand, and has potential. There are other ideas I have but they’re more complicated.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65
    Options

@Aerys said:
    Okay, but how do you propose we balance this issue? It ain't the complaint section of the forums, it's the balance section, so how would you remedy this situation. I fully agree for the record, it's super lame when someone RQ's and I feel bad for the Survivors stuck in the game and often let them escape (after hooking them once each of course, gotta get them BP's).

Well, I thought of 24-hour ban penalty and of course, there has to be an exchange to the equivalent of time and in-game quantity for that cause. So, along with that, reduce the players rank and add a blood point reduction system for RQ in the middle of a in-game session.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Reducing the Player's rank may be exactly what they want. Giving them a time ban would decrease the available players actually playing by quite a lot, and a 24h time ban could potentially punish people who genuinely disconnected and therein lies the problem. Any punishment you create will affect both the Rage Quitters and the people who are genuinely disconnecting due to internet or host issues.

I'd say a 10 minute cooldown on joining/creating a lobby as well as a 50% BP gain reduction on your next game would suffice, it isn't so severe as to cause a massive decline in players nor is it too harsh on those who accidentally d/c'd

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    Options

@Aerys said:
    Reducing the Player's rank may be exactly what they want. Giving them a time ban would decrease the available players actually playing by quite a lot, and a 24h time ban could potentially punish people who genuinely disconnected and therein lies the problem. Any punishment you create will affect both the Rage Quitters and the people who are genuinely disconnecting due to internet or host issues.

I'd say a 10 minute cooldown on joining/creating a lobby as well as a 50% BP gain reduction on your next game would suffice, it isn't so severe as to cause a massive decline in players nor is it too harsh on those who accidentally d/c'd

While it hurts me to say this, but dropping 1 whole rank and give them what they want might be more efficient and control the damage better. If they really purposely rank down, no matter the punishment, they will do it anyway. So why not just let them rank down faster so that they won't DC in more trial and less match having quitter.
    That being said, it just shows how flawed the ranking system is atm.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Lodosslight said:
    For the longest time that I have been playing Dead by Daylight, I've been dealing with rage quits from both Survivors and Killers. So, despite me enjoying being a Killer, I just do not appreciate seeing a Survivor rage quit on his team of other Survivors and I am sorry to anyone that finds this annoying, although you have to admit this is starting to get out of hand. Moreover, sometimes I like to let the last Survivor escape due to my cool hunt and enjoying the game for fun. Above all, I do wonder if DEVS are really paying attention to a lot of this nonsense and trust me, even as I play a Survivor, sometimes I notice some work with the Killer and some just drop the game. (regardless of disconnection, I see it more common on being caught by a Killer and rage quit.) :(

### happens when DCing isnt punished, especially in competitive (semi-competitive) games. Thats why every other competitive game has DC punishments of course to prevent palyers from DCing. I dont know why BHVR doesnt understand that
  • agony_deluxe
    agony_deluxe Member Posts: 10
    Options

On the other side what to do for people who get caught willingly and don't even try to struggle.

Sure, they are not ragequitters, but still.

Hence, if you adress the problem of ragequitters they ll be more of them, so you have a new problem. How do you adress the new one?

My two cents. Apologies for the pessimism.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65
    Options

@Aerys said:

That is true, my suggestion has a lot of disappointment with RQ and trust me, it does get tiring when you see it three or four times between 6-10 or at the most in game sessions. Over all, I really like this game, since it does take my stress out and it feels good to kill someone virtually as a creepy murderer :chuffed:

• fGringo
    fGringo Member Posts: 37
    Options

I think it can be done something like overwatch does, we you legit quit from a game, that means not being able to play for whatever reason, it penalize you to a -75% less xp you get from matches, for the X matches remaning. If a person decides to press the quit button, should get notified so if he/she doesnt change their behavior, they will recieve a penalization, that's pretty hard tbh. In those cases of a lack of connection, it should ban it as well, I play in South America kind of area, and we know each other, between players, I know some players that actually unplug the ethernet cable so they keep the item they've lost when they die. So even if it a legit and honest lost of connection, should be penalized, just because of the team you left behind, that team was needing you and they will most likely to die, unfortunate but true.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

I'll be honest when I'm having a good game as Killer and people start DCing I always sigh.

The feeling that people would rather not play a game against you if they're not winning? Not a good one.

(No, I don't camp or tunnel)