Level balance and torches

Options

I am pretty new to this game but I have managed to get my killer character up to level 46. I have noticed though that the game gets totally out of balance in these higher levels. Not long after entering a game I generally get generator repaired notifications 1 after another because players have become fast at repairing them and so the rounds don't last very long at all... In fact if I'm fortunate enough to hook someone you want to camp there just to get at least ONE kill before the round ends. IMHO I think there are a number of contributing factors.. firstly at higher levels I don't think survivors should get as many pallets to pull down and secondly maybe there should need to be more generators repaired before exits show?
My only other gripe is torches.. I notice that even if you are turned 180 degrees away from them they still blind you...

Comments

• TheChaosEngine
    TheChaosEngine Member Posts: 3
    Options

Just having had another round I think pallets should be random as well.. players have become so map familiar they know just where to go and what to do... there needs to be an element of surprise.

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Pallets are random, but they do have to be in a spot that makes sense so the places that they can spawn aren't random, just that whether they will be there in any given game is. While you are right in saying that Gen Rushing is an issue, taking away pallets based on rank isn't a solution to that issue as it could end up causing a large amount of issues for Survivors simply due to the random spawning of them in the first place. Lastly, if you're playing a character like Wraith or Nurse who can be light burned then know that they don't even have to be facing the Flashlight in your face for it to be effective, blinding and light burn are two separate status afflictions.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@TheChaosEngine said:
    I am pretty new to this game but I have managed to get my killer character up to level 46. I have noticed though that the game gets totally out of balance in these higher levels. Not long after entering a game I generally get generator repaired notifications 1 after another because players have become fast at repairing them and so the rounds don't last very long at all... In fact if I'm fortunate enough to hook someone you want to camp there just to get at least ONE kill before the round ends. IMHO I think there are a number of contributing factors.. firstly at higher levels I don't think survivors should get as many pallets to pull down and secondly maybe there should need to be more generators repaired before exits show?
    My only other gripe is torches.. I notice that even if you are turned 180 degrees away from them they still blind you...

I feel with you. You officially left the noob realm where the game felt like an horror game.

Do you use ruin and BBQ? If not, try to get them in the shrine or buy the DLCs. They really help you a lot.

Also you might wanna think about switchign your killer, some killers simply are not meant to be viable at high rank (which rank are you btw?) even if I dont understand why the devs have that mindset.

You cant dodge a flashlight. The survivor will always be able to blind you during animation lock unless they mess it up. Before you pick up someone, make clear that there is noone close or leave the guy on the ground. Thats called slugging and this tactic can help vs genrushers too

• TheChaosEngine
    TheChaosEngine Member Posts: 3
    Options

I play Michael Myers, I didn't know anything about this light burn maybe he is effected too... I didn't realize pallets were random they certainly don't seem like it. Maybe at higher levels players have to get 8 gens working before the doors are unlockable and the tunnel takes longer to show?

• Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

I don't believe The Shape is affected by light burn, so perhaps you're simply getting affected by a flashlight during an animation lock you can't break from until it's to late, but that's what they're there for and so if picking up a Survivor for instance you should always do your best to face a wall before grabbing them if possible, but when you're breaking a pallet and they have a flashlight you can expect to be blinded by them so just try to listen to which direction they ran so that when you're unblinded you can go in the right direction (or move in the right direction while blinded even).

Survivors definitely have the advantage at higher ranks, the game isn't balanced at the moment for many Killers (some like The Nurse and The Hillbilly are strong though). Just keep trying to learn and get better, The Shape is pretty powerful when played properly with the right perks so keep at it and learn how to combat the things Survivors do.