Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you all feel about survivors/killers with TTV in their names?

My friend convinced me to change mine (with him), and I have met some great people by doing this, but also I do get insulted more. Some are good, some are bad, but I want to know how do you all feel with streamers in your matches? How can they improve?

Comments

• LexTalionis
    LexTalionis Member Posts: 135

I love having it there - occasionally get the salty person in chat, but have met far more good people because of it than bad.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I love it.

Because I like to stream to my friends over discord and my friends like to streamsnipe. I can't be bothered to do it on my own, though.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Most ttv are chill players community focus on bad ones to make all of them seem bad that's all

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I don't really feel anything about them. Some are cool, some are dicks, most somewhere inbetween like any other player you encounter.

I do like reviewing my gameplay from another perspective after the game though, so that's fun.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I am sad when they don't actually stream

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I only care when it turns out they weren't streaming. I like to watch the other perspective after a match.

• RileyTheWolf
    RileyTheWolf Member Posts: 8

I personally don't like TTV users, mostly only cause they'll whine when they get stream-sniped. I get it is annoying and cheating if someone stream snipes them, but it's their own fault cause they put the fact that they are on Twitch by putting TTV in their names.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I generally go in and see how they thought I played after the fact...if they were particularly nice in their commentary that I watch _after the game_ I may throw a few bits their way...I used to say ggs in chat right away and give bits based on that reaction but I got burned a couple times when I went back into the VOD and got trash talked during the game in ways that weren't particularly fair. I always like seeing how I played from the other perspective, and helps me see mistakes I made as well. It's honestly a bit of a disappointment when I go check them out and it turns out they weren't live though.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

As a Survivor? Probably going to be the first sacrificed. I'm usually right.

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173
    edited April 2021
  • FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173

Yeah if it was a solid match, since I'm on console I'll swing by the stream and say GG or tell them they did a good job. Actually when I play killer or survivor I like to reach out to folks and let them know they did a good job or if they did something that was astounding. Its just frustrating on console since we don't have a post game chat.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,752

I don't care if I see them. Provided they play well and fair I just treat them like any normal player then I may go into their stream if they're live, say hello, and give them a ggs. Maybe watch back to see what they said about me. I've been told I'm a really good pyramid head a bunch of times :D

When it's been in my name though, there's been some... Interesting experiences. This one Oni going for his adept that told me and my swf to to "kill yourselves" in chat and two survivors who really didn't like the fact I killed them so went on a little tirade about how gay people are going to burn in hell. Then made an alt to do it. And another.

A Pig streamer didn't like me and said they always tunneled the streamer (I managed to escape cause she hardcore threw the game there) and a Yui who killed me and my friend trying for a sick epic locker ds instead of helping the team and missed her ds and we died.

So, yeah, don't really care. Apparently though, a lot of people do

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I sometimes dodge ttv survivors if I'm not in the mood for there being a record of my horrible plays but when I don't I normally visit their stream afterwards and get a positive response. Obv with ttv killers I don't get the option but they're also fun to watch afterwards. Had a myers streamer recently who only referred to me as "that f-ing feng min" which amused me.

• MeepLessThan3
    MeepLessThan3 Member Posts: 85

I mean TTV is really one of the few ways a small content creator, such as I can grow, unless they have much bigger content creator connections, which I don't.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Better dodge them,i don't want their mom,grandparents and best friend to see how bad i am 😭😫

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

It depends. Some people will tunnel and facecamp you just because you are a streamer but I always check them out and if their content looks good Ill drop a follow and I am sure other people are like this too. Be careful though some people will probably streamsnipe you and if you are playing like trapper or hag it will be painful.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Met some most amazing ppl because of it

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,204

I'll usually visit a TTV killer after game to gg and sometimes even stick around to follow.

But if I'm killing and I see a TTV survivor, I'm usually hesitant to go against them. Usually in my experience TTV survivors are the more toxic survivors, which I know is a generalisation because many of the TTV killers I know also play survivor matches. But still...

Also it's probably at least partly because your role as a killer is judged more than your role as a survivor, and I won't know how many people are watching me royally screw up playing as a certain killer.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

I hate them, very toxic, always accuse ppl of Stream Snipe, think they are a god or something .Matches vs them are always sweaty or i had to tryhard like insane. Very unfun matches

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

And they always sell out by using TTV in their name, even when they are not Streaming they still doing it, bunch of sellouts

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059
    edited April 2021

Just imagine a player who is not a streamer has a friend sitting next to them watching them play.

Those are most TTVs for you.

• felix452
    felix452 Member Posts: 59

When I see ttv I get mori and no ed and hope they rage

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Idc, strong players don't use it in my experience.

Any man who must say "I am a ttv streamer", is no real ttv streamer.

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

The TTV killers I come across (for the most part) are really wholesome and I’ve actually ended up befriending a lot of them. Survivors however? Pass. 🌚

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Whether I'm playing survivor or killer, if I see TTV I dodge the lobby.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I see TTV in the name but they aren't streaming, I question if they'd be worth watching to start with. I mean, if you can't even put forth the effort to change your name when your not streaming, you likely don't put much effort in anything else.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

don't really care, they tend to be either extremely toxic to the killer or an absolute godsend who will carry a team

there is no in between

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i enjoy it, personally! i love interacting with community members, especially if i'm streaming or recording and they're also live, it gives me a chance to compare our gameplay side-by-side!

once in a while i run into a salty individual, but i don't really let it get to me, since i'm generally just happy to be able to play with others regardless of the circumstances.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I did try putting TTV in my chat for awhile back when I did stream regularly and it was interesting to see how many people came into the chat. As a survivor, I mostly got follows and GG's - it was rare I got any salt or anything. As a killer - people would come in usually to try and get me to change my play style and I was happy to engage in a conversation with them.

This is where you really see the difference between me talking on stream and the chat you see from me here on the forums. Because a lot of things I would say here that you'd think are hostile, sound completely reasonable when you see me look straight at the camera and say it calmly and reasonably. There's no room for misinterpetation - they can see clearly that I'm not out to ruin their day or be a troll - I just play hard and pull no punches because it makes sense to do. And while I don't change many minds, at least they walk away acknowledging I wasn't out to ruin their night and respecting my viewpoint even if they don't agree with it.

Occasionally though, you get some salt-spewing half-wit and my moderator shows them to the airlock...

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

I guess no real TTV streamer wants to advertise their channel! LOL... your comment is laughable! If the TTV is the killer they are advertising to 4 other people and if there is a ttv in the survivors too that can lead to more than 4 learning of their channel... Same goes with TTV survivors, unless they are playing SWF they advertise atleast to 4 people.

As Killer if I see a TTV, I go into their channel early in the lobby and drop a hello line to introduce myself and 9 times out of 10 I either get the survivor in a jump scare or they get to laughing but either way we have a great time no matter what. IF i'd gone in as killer i'd return after to chat with them. MOST TTV'ers are not toxic and the minority of those that are, make the rest have a bad name.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I don't care if I play with streamers. We went against a baby spirit who had like maybe 3 viewers.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

If it was a good game, I'll check them out and see their pov. If its a bad game and nothing special, I just move onto the next.

Like I just played against a Blight main who was live on TTV. on Crotus Asylum. I had a challenge to do - Destroy all 5 totems and escape. So I brought the pink map to help me out. He was running Undying + Dying Hope (surprised it wasn't Ruin). Well, it was a bad game for him cause I found Undying very fast, followed by DH which was the next totem over. I got 4 totems as he hooked the first person. The last totem came near the end of the game. We got the gens done but only 2 of us made it out, the Cheryl and I. Jeff was caught as we powered the gates and the Blight decided to proxy camp him as the gates were on 2 different ends, we were both full healed and he wanted a guaranteed kill. So Jeff ended up dying and we left.

I loaded up his stream afterwards and saw the Jeff player calling the Blight a b*t*h. He was killed with 14k points while Cheryl and I had 25/26.5k with the escape. I chatted a bit with the killer ttv player, we both said GGs, he explained how I was frustrating him cause I was the one who got all the totems and also ran him a bit at shack. Gave him a follow cause he seemed like a cool dude and watched the pov back. He def wasn't happy, lol.

• Freki

it's not about the viewers! people are talking about the streamers themselves. I've gone against killers that were ttv and were in the red ranks and they had 1 viewer, that doesn't change how they play! the question was more than likely asked along the lines of do you find more ttv'ers toxic or not? have you had good games or bad games against ttv'ers? there are a great many. and honestly if you went up against a baby spirit, they had 3 viewer at the time, could you possibly think oh hey they may be new to dbd streaming? yet your implication is that because they only have 3 viewers they are a terrible player since they were playing as a baby spirit.

Come on have more respect for people than that. sure you didn't name any names but you sure as said they were crappy to play against, most new killers are because they don't know how to play the game, this is why I HATE when, even friends, people say "GG EZ BB KILLER!" because it's said in such a way that the idea of "GG" or "GOOD GAME" is a snide remark. makes the person use it worse than dog crap in my mind.

• TripleSteal
    edited April 2021

I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say, but generally big streamers don't put ttv tags to their nicknames due to an incredibly small quantity of people able to see it in-game relative to their general audience (direct consequence pf the absence of Spectate a match feature), which makes it irrelevant as a marketing strategy.

Not to mention that other r1 players are mostly alrdy aware of their existence - there are not that many "big names" of the kind in dbd.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I don't really mind...have met some pretty nice streamers in my matches.

• Freki

so you're saying that any streamer that isn't already getting 100+ viewers is crap... got it... wow..... MY point is that DBD can help a stream to grow because of it's popularity on twitch along with the fact you are playing with 4 other players in general who would then know of your stream. I have a steady stream of viewers between 7-11 and sometimes more because I am a variety streamer and I've gotten new viewers having TTV in my user name so why not? it is a good advertisement deal to be honest, play a game and advertise to 4 others that don't know you (usually) so they now know you. what's wrong with that? why are they TRASH why are they bad because they are advertising themselves?

I said nothing about the bigger named streamers who use aliases including "I am totally not a TTVER" lol, that one had their twitch in their steam profile! the reason bigger streamers don't use TTV, is their advertising is done more to attract more than one or two at a time but 10-20 at a time in many other ways. you'll also rarely see those streamers advertise in other streamer's discords either. That's why I didn't mention them.

I guess I am no real TTV Streamer at all eh? because i advertise where I know I can reach others???

• TripleSteal

You are very quick in jumping to questionable conclusions about what I meant and getting offended basing on your assumptions.

Small streamers can play better or worse than average players, because they are, in fact, average players - on average. There's no need or reason to approach them differently simply because their screen is being shared with several other people.

• Freki

then your comment "Any man who must say "I am a ttv streamer", is no real ttv streamer." was what? a questionable conclusion? lol I spoke about what using TTV in a name can do for a smaller streamer. you are the one that insulted ME by stelling me that I am not a real TTV streamer because I use TTV in my name. I explained why I use it, why it's a valid use of it and you are telling me now I am the one jumping to questionable conclusions? I know several larger streamers and I know why they don't put it in there, and I can tell you without a doubt that those larger streamers don't advertise in most other smaller streamer's discords because I don't see them do it. so are you now saying that you did not mean that I am not a real ttv streamer because I use TTV in my name? or what exactly did you mean then? lol

so you know: I know a good number of larger dbd streamers, not personally but I do know them: Streamdad, ThatViolinChick, Threat Designs, No0b3, hmmm I know there are more out there but those are a few... oh yea 2 of them I know are or were fog whisperers. I also know a great many not so big streamers.... so tell me where my conclusions are questionable and I was only offended at your very questionable conclusion in the first that I replied to.

• Nathan13

Oh I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything I apologize if I was. I don't think viewership determines how good or bad a killer is. And I play with and against streamers quite often and I think it's cool people stream the game I think it helps the community grow. And people who don't play DBD that watch streamers might think "I'll try this game out" Because it's a lot fun.

• Freki

fair enough, but if you objectively look at your comment you'll see where it seems like you were being disrespectful. and I appreciate that you want to apologize, but it's not to me for that as I was not that spirit you brought up. and I too agree with you, I think streaming can be a great thing for the game and it's how I started playing in 2018.

• Nathan13

yeah and again I'm sorry if that sounded rude that wasn't my intention.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,025

I think its time to close this conversation up; its getting a bit too close to streamer shaming.

This discussion has been closed.