Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does no one do generators anymore

It feels like every single game these days teammates in solo queue dont even look at gens

Comments

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited April 2021

It's because you don't get a lot of points for gens. You get points for engagement with the killer & hook rescues.

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201

That would make sense if the teammates were even doing either of those things but I just had a game where I was getting chased by the killer in her corrupt intervention generators and the other 3 were doing totems, chests and hiding in lockers when I went down

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Not doing gens means the average kill rate goes up. This makes the Devs think killer is over powered. Devs nerf killers.

Ez

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Tome challenges and it's more efficient to throw the game to do challenges than actually playing the game.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Because if we do gens, the killers will face camp us for being "toxic genrushers".

We have to "adapt" as they like to say and find other ways to get points despite not being allowed to do our objectives or survive.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2021

Because they’re bad. so so so bad. they think hiding all game gives them a better chance to escape, meanwhile theyre just giving the killer an easy win. honestly the worst teammates to have. how hard is it to sit on a gen while someone else is being chased? it’s one button??? I do probably 4 gens a game now, from start to finish, while also being chased all game. Solo q isn’t always terrible but lately survivors have been high rank with a very low skill level.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Meanwhile I'm that one solo queuer who does 3 gens alone and still dies.

And don't forget, it's rank reset today. Expect a lot of potatoes.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Maybe they're farming keys from the chests and trying to get a hatch escape?

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Where can I get matched with teams like that? I can hardly turn around without gens popping.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

It's the other way round: it's pointless to go gens in solo, because you are gonna lose in solo anyway, so why bother, everyone just tries to get as many points as he can by unhooking.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Skill checks are hard - Dwight, probably