Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pop Goes The Weasel Change?

POP GOES THE WEASEL
After hooking a survivor, a random generator/a random generator/the most progressed generator on the map will explode and regress by 20/25/30%, normal regression applies after the explosion.

How I would change pop goes the weasel.

Comments

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    @Soren I kind of agree, maybe the fact it targets the most progressed generator is a bit too op. Maybe if it was random with a chance to regress a gen with no progression (being useless sometimes) it could be more fair. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

The thing is, PGTW is meant to force the killer to LEAVE the hook.
    Right now, I think it is way to weak(situational), but the core mechanic should stay: get a good benefit for leaving the hook.
    Maybe something like a longer timer and an indicator which gens are repaired to what level.
    Just make the auras brighter the closer they are to getting done.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    edited November 2018

A think it just need it's time increased by 15/30 seconds.
    The default 30 seconds ain't enough for slow killers or non high-mobility killers.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    I think the timer should be removed, allow us to get up to 2 Tokens with a cooldown inbetween so a Killer cant shut down a gen from 50 to 0% immediatly just because a baffoon tapped it.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

It's a strong and underused perk imo if a killer keeps track of where a gen is being worked on and just hooks near them and kicks then it sets survivors way back on progress.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    I don’t know about this. It seems too OP. Survivors could have all of their progress set back extremely quickly if the Killer keeps on hooking Survivors. I think that all the perk needs is a longer timer. 30 seconds is too short for most Killers. The perk is only really effective on Hillbilly and Nurse. 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018

Nah, I love seeing one of the pistons stop moving, if it appened at distance I wouldn't see it... but seriously, the perk is fine, I would just add 15 seconds to the timer so even slower killers can use it better.

@Wolf74 said:
    Maybe something like a longer timer and an indicator which gens are repaired to what level.

Considering Wraith's All Seeing - Spirit is ultra rare I doubt they would add a similar effect on a perk. PGTW is also very powerful in combo with that addon since you can apply maximum damage with every application of PGTW.

• Wolf74

I stopped using this perk, because to often the gen I was going to (because I knew it was clsoe) popped just before I could reach it and the timer was to short to get to another gen.

The perk should give a visual indicator which gens are repaired the most, so I do not waste my time running to a gen that is not even touched.

• Wolf74
    edited November 2018

@White_Owl said:

@Wolf74 said:

Considering Wraith's All Seeing - Spirit is ultra rare I doubt they would add a similar effect on a perk. PGTW is also very powerful in combo with that addon since you can apply maximum damage with every application of PGTW.

Serious? You want to bring up an ultra rare to dismiss this?
    Ultra rares are meant to be strong and the "All Seeing"-spirit add on on it's own is garbage and would only be strong with a good combo.
    How often do you see Wraith player use this add on? Like ever?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@MasonHugsCats said:
    POP GOES THE WEASEL
    After hooking a survivor, a random generator/a random generator/the most progressed generator on the map will explode and regress by 20/25/30%, normal regression applies after the explosion.

No absolutely not.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Wolf74 said:

@White_Owl said:

@Wolf74 said:

Serious? You want to bring up an ultra rare to dismiss this?
    Ultra rares are meant to be strong and the "All Seeing"-spirit add on on it's own is garbage and would only be strong with a good combo.
    How often do you see Wraith player use this add on? Like ever?

Try to chill out, I'm just saying that the ability to know which gen is most completed is tied to an ultra rare, so it's highly unlikely they would add that to the perk itself.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

What Pop Goes the Weasel needs is a token / charge system, where you get a token everytime you hook a survivor. Rushing away from a hook in order to take advantage from PGtW's short timer only causes more harm than good.

• BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    I think they should prolong the timer and add a second effect for after all gens are done
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Really good when playing Billy so you can reach any gen in the 30 seconds. Leaving the hook is what I intended to do anyway so why not go make 20 seconds of game instantly? 
  • MasonHugsCats
    Poweas said:

@MasonHugsCats said:
    POP GOES THE WEASEL

No absolutely not.

At least try and give a reason xD
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    I was thinking token based, no timer but tokens to use when you kick a gen
  • Wolf74

@GT_Legend2 said:
    I was thinking token based, no timer but tokens to use when you kick a gen

Again… the core mechanic of the perk is to reward the killer for leaving the hook.
    With token to spend some other time, the system would not work.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It just needs to give you charges when you hook someone and not have it timed. That's it.

• MasonHugsCats
    @Wolf74 that is the point but it's kind of dumb. If your going to camp your not going to be using it? With Devour Hope it makes sense as it's very strong when maxed out, so it balances itself by preventing any sort of interuption to saves at all. With Make Your Choice it makes sense as it would be super op. A token based system wouldn't make Pop Goes The Weasel super op, it would just make it useful.
  • Wolf74

@MasonHugsCats said:
    @Wolf74 that is the point but it's kind of dumb. If your going to camp your not going to be using it? With Devour Hope it makes sense as it's very strong when maxed out, so it balances itself by preventing any sort of interuption to saves at all. With Make Your Choice it makes sense as it would be super op. A token based system wouldn't make Pop Goes The Weasel super op, it would just make it useful.

But it would not make killer leave the hook and that is the primary idea behind the whole thing.
    They just need to make the perk so good, that it is worth leaving the hook.
    -Increase the timer
    -show which gens are repaired to what degree
    -done