and tell us, what you play: Killer, Surviver; Both

I´m first,

1, Killer

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    BC_Jack said:

Hopefully someone give a normal answer in this post.

No.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    BC_Jack said:

Hopefully someone give a normal answer in this post.

No.

i think i gave a normal answer

i voted for 3 killer is too weak and stated im a killer main

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

1+2=3
    I vote 3 too

• Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81
    Options

Doesn't add the option "3" for people thinking killer is too hard like a boss.

I'd take 3, prefer killer but play equally.

• BC_Jack
    BC_Jack Member Posts: 29
    Options

The question is to play as Killer, not against.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@BC_Jack said:
    The question is to play as Killer, not against.

Yes, people understood the question. Are you going to keep ignoring the answers you don't like?

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    3, killers overall are still underpowered. Especially Freddy, LF, Doc, etc. They need help. And in the end, the best survivor team will win against the best Billy main. When that is a tie, killers are balanced. Here is your normal post
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options
    1, both.
    (though mostly I'm playing killer cause I'm tired of dc'ing teammates and camping killers) 

and killers are still too weak? seriously? I main pig and I consistently get 3k-4k without items, and playing pretty relaxed.

(mind you, I'm only rank 10, but still... seems a bit too easy when I barely have to try as killer and have to work my ass off just to die as survivor.)
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@BC_Jack said:
    Type "1" if you think killer is to easy now
    Type "2" if you think killer is balanced

I´m first,

1, Killer

killer is easier depending upon the map, loop, gen, and pallet spawns divided by how many survivors are competent swf.

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58
    Options

1, killer is way too easy. Escape rates are less than 40% on every map. Most of my killer games result in 3-4 kills high rank. That odd 4man swf coordination is like 1/100 games play.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    Looking at this seems number 3 has won the vote. Which one was 3 again?
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Neither 1 nor 2 is the correct answer unless you're talking about variables then.

1. Killer is too easy when it's an experienced killer playing against newer players and or noobs.
    2. Killer is just right when it's an experienced killer playing against an about equal skilled group of solo players.
    3. killer isn't where they need to be against the very rare Depip Squad level groups be it 4 man swf or 4 man solo.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    Both roles are easy. Sitting on my ass, tapping keyboard, pushing my mouse up and down... nothing difficult about that.
    Here's my answer though: 2, both.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options
    3, Survivors are too easy still.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Justicar said:

I play both.
    3 = Most killers are still underpowered

Nurse is broken, and Hillbilly is the most well-balanced killer in the game. All the rest need work.

Hillbilly well balanced? :lol:

I can see why people here think killers are underpowered. They won't be satisfied until they're 4king everygame with 4-5 gens remaining.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018
    Options

4 - most survivors suck creating the false feeling that playing killer is easy.

I play both and see it constantly even at high ranks. I don't know what happened or when*, but good survivors nowadays are really rare.

*Actually I have an idea: survivors were just boosted by some mechanics such as pallet vacuum and pallet towns. I think (/hope) in the future survivors will start to get better and offer a challenge.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Avariku said:
    1, both.
    (though mostly I'm playing killer cause I'm tired of dc'ing teammates and camping killers) 

and killers are still too weak? seriously? I main pig and I consistently get 3k-4k without items, and playing pretty relaxed.

(mind you, I'm only rank 10, but still... seems a bit too easy when I barely have to try as killer and have to work my ass off just to die as survivor.)

Footage of you playing against a competent SWF?

Oh rank 10.... nvm, i can 4k pretty much every game there too if I want :wink:

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Options

Killers so far have not received any buffs to combat the problems that killers have (looping on coldwind for example) so nothing has really changed unless you're talking about a measly 4 sec increase in healing time.

• friendlykillermain
    Options

i change my vote to
    number 586896 cheese goes good with potatoes

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

I think Killer is easy. But it is fine because most killers don't know how to play the game so it balances it out.

• friendlykillermain
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:
    i change my vote to

leprechaun sausage main by the way

• friendlykillermain
    Options

i change my vote to

leprechaun sausage main by the way

though if they make green baloney cottage shaped i may have to switch my allegiance to the purple spotted asshats

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

Killer is pretty easy. There are some hard and tense games now and again, but I tend to get 2k's at least, and mostly 3-4k's.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

killers are still not in the power role they should be in.

nurse is the only exception.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I'm not an entitled killer or entitled survivor main so I'll say my honest opinion,
    Killer is a 2

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    Options

2, I've seen cases where the killer doesn't kill anyone, and where they kill everyone, so it takes a tad bit of skill. The hardest part is finding which killer suits you best.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30
    Options

Have to go with the OP on this one. Doesn't matter if they are new or a Survivor main. Playing Killer now is a joke compared to 2016. Come at me. ;)

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2018
    Options

according to the stats just released. It would seem like it's balanced. an average of half the survivors are killed per trial. And I would think that's about ideal. You wouldn't want 75-100% escaping, or dying on average. That's a lopsided stat.

That being said, there's definately work to be done. And I hear they are working on it, just slowly.

I also feel like they need to take another sample for that statistic, further away from events.

• Orion
    edited November 2018
    Options

@SmokePotion said:
    according to the stats just released. It would seem like it's balanced. an average of half the survivors are killed per trial. And I would think that's about ideal. You wouldn't want 75-100% escaping, or dying on average. That's a lopsided stat.

That being said, there's definately work to be done. And I hear they are working on it, just slowly.

I also feel like they need to take another sample for that statistic, further away from events.

Speaking only from my own point of view (which is no more or less valid than anyone else's in this instance), if I knew only 25% of Survivors escaped, an escape would feel much more deserved and skillful.

• SmokePotion
    Options

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

Speaking only from my own point of view (which is no more or less valid than anyone else's in this instance), if I knew only 75% of Survivors escaped, an escape would feel much more deserved and skillful.

I think you said that backwards, but I understood your meaning.

And I guess, and there is an arguement for it in an asymetrical game. But I think 50% is about right. it gives a good margin for skill. Average killers, or an average game, is 2 kills. That makes sense.

• Orion
    Options

@SmokePotion said:

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

Speaking only from my own point of view (which is no more or less valid than anyone else's in this instance), if I knew only 75% of Survivors escaped, an escape would feel much more deserved and skillful.

And I guess, and there is an arguement for it in an asymetrical game. But I think 50% is about right. it gives a good margin for skill. Average killers, or an average game, is 2 kills. That makes sense.

I did say it backwards and fixed it. 50% does make sense, but the problem with that flat statistic is that it makes a lot of assumptions about the state of the game. Chiefly, that ranks are the best indicator of skill and that everyone is trying to escape/kill.

• SmokePotion
    Options

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

I did say it backwards and fixed it. 50% does make sense, but the problem with that flat statistic is that it makes a lot of assumptions about the state of the game. Chiefly, that ranks are the best indicator of skill and that everyone is trying to escape/kill.

I don't really think it says anyhting about the rank system, but I would concur that it requires that everyone be trying to escape/kill. But with a midling percentile like 50% the margin of error for "trolling" doesn't tip the scale in any one direction.

My guess is that people want this game to be Evolve or Friday the 13th. Where the monster was super OP. But we saw how well that concept works. They need to adjust how SWF groups can bully a killer/ gen rush and depip the killer. But the game is balancing out, and isn't in a horrible state. No matter how mad I get at some really lopsided mechanics in the game.

• Orion
    Options

@SmokePotion said:

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:

I don't really think it says anyhting about the rank system, but I would concur that it requires that everyone be trying to escape/kill. But with a midling percentile like 50% the margin of error for "trolling" doesn't tip the scale in any one direction.

My guess is that people want this game to be Evolve or Friday the 13th. Where the monster was super OP. But we saw how well that concept works. They need to adjust how SWF groups can bully a killer/ gen rush and depip the killer. But the game is balancing out, and isn't in a horrible state. No matter how mad I get at some really lopsided mechanics in the game.

Evolve and F13th suffered from literally the opposite problem - the monster was too weak. Now, I've never played F13th, so that's just hearsay, but I did play Evolve. As Paladin Parnell, unless the monster player was an absolute god who could crush us in stage 1 (it happened, a friend of mine did it and completely dominated the entire match), I was able to go toe-to-toe with a stage 2 monster and be virtually unkillable. Even after he was nerfed, that didn't change much.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Options
    I play survivor 75% of the time and i play Very Well solo survivor (DS, flashlight, jungle Jim, looping, mind games etc.) and escape 1 match of 2.

I play killer Very badly/lowskilled and i still 3/4k every f**ing game. (Without purple broken add-ons).
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@BC_Jack said:

I´m first,

1, Killer

killer is easier depending upon the map, loop, gen, and pallet spawns divided by how many survivors are competent swf.

And rank in general.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@se05239 said:

@akbays35 said:

@BC_Jack said:

I´m first,

1, Killer

And rank in general.

rank is irrelevant in this game. I face off against swfs with a red and 3 yellows and the red is the garbage player who cant loop.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

Wow. Rank 20 killers must be living the high life these days. I mean ignorance is bliss.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Chi said:
    Killer is pretty easy. There are some hard and tense games now and again, but I tend to get 2k's at least, and mostly 3-4k's.

How is rank 20 treating ya? lol

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@SmokePotion said:

Those stats are not worth much.
    DC = death (deranking, don't like the map, don't like the killer)
    Remaining player after ragequits are also counted in.
    Overaltruistic dorks turning a 1k match into a 3k match, because the yinsist to "leave no one behind", also count.
    Those stats would be valid if survivor would actually NEED to survive.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@SmokePotion said:

Overaltruistic dorks turning a 1k match into a 3k match, because the yinsist to "leave no one behind", also count.

I do wonder what the actual breakdown is and not guessing by either side, I want hard data such as.

What is the breakdown by rank.
    By region
    By time of day
    Crashes during loading screen.
    Crashes in game (i.e. the video card ones as an example)
    Killers dcing during loading screen
    killers dcing during match
    Survivors quitting right before lobby locks in
    Survivors quitting early
    Survivors quitting sometime during the match.
    Killers giving the hatch
    Killers going afk to derank aka Bubba guarding the basement as an example
    What time frame were the stats recorded

etc.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 590
    Options

3, i play both. Playing dirty as a killer you can do 2K in a match, as a survivor just do gen while someone loop the killer, thats what you need to do for the win and thats all. By myself i do like 3 gens per match if the killer doesnt chase me. Gen Rush is a problem, SWF unbalanced, everyone can escape Revesing Rooks and Borrowed Time.

• TithiYT
    TithiYT Member Posts: 6
    Options

2~

I play 50/50 and I think both sides have up- and downsites, but the game is balanced in it's current state, besides some small things (both sides)

• SmokePotion
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Wolf74 said:

@SmokePotion said:

I do wonder what the actual breakdown is and not guessing by either side, I want hard data such as.

What is the breakdown by rank.
    By region
    By time of day
    Crashes during loading screen.
    Crashes in game (i.e. the video card ones as an example)
    Killers dcing during loading screen
    killers dcing during match
    Survivors quitting right before lobby locks in
    Survivors quitting early
    Survivors quitting sometime during the match.
    Killers giving the hatch
    Killers going afk to derank aka Bubba guarding the basement as an example
    What time frame were the stats recorded

etc.

I'de also like hard data such as:

Average pips per game per mode (killer and survivor)
    I'de like any instances of 3 person games, or other nonsense removed.
    Essentially, i just want a better sample for the data.