Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer Rework Concept - The Nightmare

BombDiggaT
BombDiggaT Member Posts: 45
edited November 2018 in Creations

As we all know, Freddy is the weakest Killer in the game by far, but he also performs rather well in lower ranks due to his uniqueness and unpredictability. So buffing him becomes a game of who are you buffing him for: the high ranks that demolish him, or the low ranks that he demolishes. So it's not a simple matter of buffing Freddy -- a major rework of his power is needed. Thus, I've come up with this concept, and I seek the honest input of other players and hope the Devs are able to take any of this into consideration.

Freddy still pulls survivors into the Dream World, but rather than a simple right click triggering a countdown, it would require a channel to increase a survivor's sleepiness. While under the effect of the channel, the foggy white outline would appear on the survivor.

In this rework, there are five stages of Dream Demon. The first two stages regress on a timer with there being no way to end them prematurely. This helps Freddy slow down high rank games somewhat while not making him able to attack Survivors. The next two are the Freddy we know and love with the Dream State you recognize, but with a few changes to make him interesting and more balanced. The last stage fully envelops you into the Dream World, Freddy's world, where he is king and you are helpless to the horror that is Frederick Charles Krueger.

• Stage 1 - Instant
    A Survivor in this stage heals, repairs, and sabotages with a 20% reduction in speed. Freddy cannot hit Survivors in Stage 1. Survivors cannot see Freddy while in Stage 1. After 30 seconds, the Survivor will fall out of Stage 1. The Survivor's aura is not revealed to Freddy outside of his Terror Radius.

• Stage 2 - 3 Seconds
    A Survivor in this stage heals, repairs, and sabotages with a 35% reduction in speed. Freddy cannot hit the Survivor. Survivors see periodic glimpses of Freddy while within his Terror Radius. After 30 seconds, the Survivor will fall out of Stage 2 into Stage 1. Missing a Skill Check will NOT wake up the Survivor further. The Survivor's aura is not revealed to Freddy outside of his Terror Radius.

In Stage 3 and beyond, the Survivor is considered to be in the Dream World. Freddy can hit the survivor, and their aura is revealed to Freddy outside of his Terror Radius.

• Stage 3 - 5.5 Seconds
    A Survivor in this stage heals, repairs, and sabotages with a 50% reduction in speed. Freddy is fully visible to survivors in this state and has a normal heartbeat Terror Radius. Hooking a survivor in Stage 3 will regress them to Stage 2 and begin the 30 second countdown to Stage 1. Awake Survivors (<Stage 3) can Wake Up Survivors in Stage 3, causing them to regress 1 stage to Stage 2. Missing a Skill Check will also have this effect.

• Stage 4 - 8 Seconds
    A Survivor in this stage heals, repairs, and sabotages with a 60% reduction in speed and suffers moderately from the Hindered status effect. Hooking a Survivor in Stage 4 will cause them to regress to Stage 3. Awake Survivors can Wake Up Survivors in Stage 4, causing them to regress 2 stages to Stage 2. A Survivor in Stage 4 takes twice as long to Wake Up. Missing a Skill Check will regress the survivor to Stage 3, and missing another will bring them back to Stage 2.

• Stage R.E.M. - 13 Seconds
    A Survivor in this stage is fully asleep and cannot perform any actions, suffers moderately from the Hindered status effect, and cannot fast vault through windows or pallets. Hooking a Survivor in Stage R.E.M. will cause them to regress to Stage 4. A Survivor can only be removed from the R.E.M. state by another Survivor using the Wake Up action, causing them to regress to Stage 4. The Survivor's aura is now revealed to Freddy at all times.

Only one Survivor can be in the R.E.M. state at a time.

These channel times are additive. If Freddy channels on a survivor for 5 seconds and puts them into Stage 2, it will only take an additional .5 seconds of channeling to put them in Stage 3.

Add-on Changes for Dream Demon

Sheep Block

• Moderately reduces the Dream Transition. Time between stages reduced by 0.5 seconds.

Green Dress

• Considerably decreases Skill Check chances in the Dream World.
  • Slightly increases the Dream Transition. Time between stages increased by .5 seconds.

Cat Block

• Considerably reduces the Dream Transition. Time between stages reduced by 1 second.
  • Slightly increases Skill Check chances in the Dream State.

Unicorn Block

• Considerably reduces the Dream Transition. Time between stages reduced by 1 second.

Pill Bottle

• Survivors do not regress out of the Dream State past Stage 2 and no longer see gimpses of you in this stage or during the transition to Stage 3.

Class Photo

• When a Survivor is pulled into the Dream Transition, all other Survivors' Auras are revealed to you for the duration of the channel.
  • Tremendously increases the Dream Transition. Time between stages increased by 1.5 seconds.

"Z" Block

• Tremendously reduces the Dream Transition. Time between stages reduced by 2 seconds.

Red Paint Brush

• Slightly reduces movement speed.
  • Tremendously reduces the Terror Radius.
  • Tremendously reduces the Dream Transition. Time between stages reduced by 2 seconds.

Black Box

• You become obsessed with one Survivor.
  • Obsession starts the Trial in Stage R.E.M.
Post edited by BombDiggaT on

Comments

• SolarFoxVB
    SolarFoxVB Member Posts: 90

From my own experience, you just need to know how to play Freddy right to beat the high ranks. I made it to rank 1 using Freddy when I got the hang of him, so I think the only thing stopping people is the skill needed to use Freddy. I'm not saying that Freddy is incredibly hard to use like the nurse, but I would not say that he is easier than the huntress or the spirit.