Easiest Game Improvement Ever...

Get rid of post game chat.

whats the point anyway?

I have a good game as killer: toxic survivor chat, I have a bad game as killer: toxic survivor chat, I have a good game as survivor: toxic killer chat and probably survivors too, I have a bad game as survivor: toxic killer and probably survivor too.

Why even give the community the option to be so salty? If anything just have preset options to choose from like: Good Game, Well Played, Have Fun With Your Games.

alright comments section, I've said what I needed to, bring the hate.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

There should be a box in the options that you can check to disable it

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

This is a better solution than just removing it because a lot of times for me there's some funny stuff said about jump scares etc.

• agony_deluxe
    agony_deluxe Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018

better toxic players than no players.
    They can't talk ingame and that's merciful. They still participate to the game normaly, with a bit of teabaging here and here of course. they represent a fair amount of the dbd population.
    i am glad for the game until they start being toxic on a more literal way.

anyway except for calling the gg thing i usually don't stay on the chat. Most of the time i am already spending bloodpoints.
    If the post match chat is a relieve for the toxic population: fair enought.
    No one forces you to read all the trash they are throwing.
    It's a litle price to pay to grow the players pool considering they can't talk ingame.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I play on PS4 so it isn't really an issue. Players can still send messages if they haven't changed their privacy settings, but it isn't the default and is pretty rare. But considering the ratio of "GG" messages to the ones filled with hate, I think it is a good idea.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@ANJ_ said:

whats the point anyway?

I have a good game as killer: toxic survivor chat, I have a bad game as killer: toxic survivor chat, I have a good game as survivor: toxic killer chat and probably survivors too, I have a bad game as survivor: toxic killer and probably survivor too.

Why even give the community the option to be so salty? If anything just have preset options to choose from like: Good Game, Well Played, Have Fun With Your Games.

I would just switch it to an emoji system lul

• jomanina
    jomanina Member Posts: 1
    If you play on PS4 you can adjust your privacy settings via Messages>Privacy Settings(Messages). Then set it to friends or nobody. Problem solved if you're on PS4.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Master said:

SO MUCH THIS.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018

You can already. Click on the little icon in the low-right corner of the chat and it disappears (although, iirc, it will reopen when the game is restarted)

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited November 2018

@ANJ_ said:

whats the point anyway?

Ridiculous. Why are people unable to deal with a bit of trash talk? I get this kind of thing about 10-20% of games. The rest is usually either a brief "gg wp" or a funny, friendly conversation and some good laughs about how some of us screwed up.
    Don't want to be antagonistic or condescending towards you, I understand ######### talk can hit hard sometimes, but it's still just talk. If you get hurt by that, going out somewhere in RL must be a nightmare. Toughen up a bit, it's really not much. Take a deep breath, and remember, it's usually no life moronic losers who toss the worst insults at you. Really not something you should take seriously.
    And please don't even suggest taking away the fun moments of aftergame chat from me. This is a baby-and-bathwater thing.