The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The new best item

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Medkits.

They are ridiculously strong I can't believe most the players haven't realised this yet. You heal (with self care equipped) for 12.8 seconds and that's without any addons to help you. Add that addon that slightly increases healing speed and a charge addon and it's ridiculously fast. Now if that isn't satisfying enough with Botany knowledge and self care, at base the healing is 7.52 seconds. Cause 53% of 16 is 8.48, and take that away from 16 and you get 7.52. That's just with a base medkit. Add the addons that I mentioned before, and it feels like a 5 second heal (feels like it I haven't bothered finding out what it actually is). That is the definition of OP. The numbers for the healing speed with sloppy effect on when u got self care and botany knowledge and the medkit (base) combo is 10.176. And if the killer has franklins for ur medkit, Botany makes ur healing speed with self care 25.928 which basically removes the healing nerf since it used to be 24 with just self care. And in general ur healing speed with self care and botany knowledge with no sloppy is 21.44. I made this to help people who are struggling from the healing nerf and need a way around it. Combo Botany knowledge, self care and a medkit and u are GOOD. You are sacrificing a perk slot for a counter to something you could just wait out but it is worth it imo and you can always afford to play without ur ds ;)
A good build for this is Dead hard, Iron will, Botany knowledge and Self care. Good luck in the fog. I only revealed this combo to those who haven't figured out how OP it is because killers are getting cocky (myself included). The killers NEED luck in the fog if everyone uses this combo which I doubt they will because people are inseparable to their DS. :)

Post edited by Poweas on

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

i dont use any items without a ward so oops

• Poweas

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

It works with brown medkits you know? They're pretty much useless and it makes them very powerful. Do it on brown medkits or yellow. The green one is the best because u heal teammates faster but the brown one is just as viable.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I have
    a ton of green medkits stacked up so I might try this next time I play

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I've been using Botany a lot lately. We'll Make It is powerful, but Botany is more versatile. I keep saying this, this recent healing nerf was badly needed for balance, and it's good to see some underused perk becoming useful.
  • Poweas

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    I have
    a ton of green medkits stacked up so I might try this next time I play

Legit you wont regret it lol I've survived most my games cause even when I get the usual tunnel, I'm still able to heal

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Poweas said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

It works with brown medkits you know? They're pretty much useless and it makes them very powerful. Do it on brown medkits or yellow. The green one is the best because u heal teammates faster but the brown one is just as viable.

prob use green cause i can farm them with quentins perk im just a bad hoarder lol

• LazuliHeart
    LazuliHeart Member Posts: 2

I've always been a botany knowledge + self care + empathy (and Plunderers for a perk slot filler) true claudette, it's nice to see my build become more viable.

If you're looking to find the medkits, Plunderers Instinct + Pharmacy is awesome, you can get the speediest medkits with most chest searches.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Broken key ofc
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited November 2018

Pharmacy + Ace in the Hole = Guaranteed purple medkit with sometimes two add-ons every game.

• Poweas

@se05239 said:
    Pharmacy + Ace in the Hole = Guaranteed purple medkit with sometimes two add-ons every game.

Now THAT is dirty

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    It’s 16 seconds with a medkit, no addons, and self care for a self-heal.

Wait, are you talking about self healing or healing others?

Also, see this post for help with maths!
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/178984#Comment_178984
  • Poweas

@Kind_Lemon said:

Healing yourself.

• Poweas

@Poweas said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

Healing yourself.

At the start it's about medkits then its about self care.