Dear god please do something about Hawkins

This map is just garbage. If it weren't for survivor queue times I'd just quit and re-queue but I guess I'm just too nice a killer for that. So I suffer through a mind numbingly dull match and lose all motiavation to keep playing.

I would rather stick my hand into a blender than play this map, my fapping hand no less. It completely destroys my motivation to continue playing killer for the day, the mere threat of it sometimes keeps me away from DBD for days if not weeks at a time.

DBDs mechanics do not complement claustrophobic indoor maps, this has been proven time and time again. You aren't going to get it right. Please stop making maps like this and rework this garbage pile.

It sucks for both sides but at a good 60-70% of killers power can't even function properly on this map due to the sharp turns and cluttered hallways.

Please, when you rework this maps assets, please, for the love of all that is holy make it more enjoyable to play.

Comments

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I only get Hawkins if I queue up as Huntress. Sadge.

• gazzy_g
    gazzy_g Member Posts: 28

Don't you dare touch Hawkins. Since the game rework I only really have Hawkins and lery's for my SM myers!

• PsyQuil77
    PsyQuil77 Member Posts: 130

Certain killers SHINE on the indoor maps. Doctor, Demo, Even Plague can be good there. Just need to have a detection perk that works on those maps like Spies (Doc has built-in detection so he's exempt). Whispers tends to be almost useless on indoor maps (especially The Game). I've seen many killers who rely on Whispers, and those are the ones that have the biggest issues indoors. Indoor maps are the #1 reason I use Spies and/or Surveillance. Gotta rely more on game sense and audio than line of sight, too.

tl;dr Indoor maps are just as viable for killers as open maps, just require different skill set.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I can't find any killer I enjoy on this map at all. It's not about viability or winning or losing. I win most of my matches on this map. It's just not remotely fun to play on.

• PsyQuil77
    PsyQuil77 Member Posts: 130

OK, I can understand that. It's like I don't like playing on Coldwind when I'm on Doc, or The Game on Wraith, or Midwitch on anything. Personal Preferences are completely understandable.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Still unsure if they're gonna update it or not.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

I actually like that map as both killer and survivor. The only time it kind of sucks is when playing huntress.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

Wait, why do you think Demo shine on indoor maps? Outside of Midwitch, other indoor map aren't that much linear compare to outdoor map.

The only indoor map I like is Midwitch. Most pallets are decent & have mindgame, the hallway are good for some power like Huntress, Deathsligner, Billy etc while still being indoor. Couple of window unlike The Game with 3-4?

Lery is just a ######### fest. Mobility and range killer get no power at all, but what kill it for me is traversing the map: it's trash for both side.

• Hoath
    Hoath Member Posts: 15

i find those maps fun tbf, both as suv and killer. Gotta play quite different as what i would usually do, which i like.

Point is, some people love it, some people hate it. One dont need to change everything because some dont have it as their favorite.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
  • lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I like hawkins

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I hate this map because eventually , everytime I'm killer I just can't be bothered to leave the hook to go through the maze of rooms I know I'll never get there in time. Boring boring boring.

This discussion has been closed.