D/C

Options
I think all those survivors that d/c because they got knocked down once should either be banned or at the very least dropped in rank by 5 or so ranks. What do u think?

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

Many survivors and killer want derank.
    Because shorter lobby time and easy enemys.
    It would be nice if they get a lobby timer,when they dc.
    Example:
    1 DC per day = 1 min for 1 game,
    2 DC per day =5 min for 2 games,
    3 DC per day =10 min for 3 games,
    4 DC per day =30 min for 5 games,
    5 DC = bann for 1 week,
    25 dc per month = bann for a month,

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Sometimes the survivors and killers that DC do it because of lag or a urgent matter. I once had a killer DC to go to the restroom. What happens if you DC for a good reason or lag out? Youd be punished too. Why does it jump from 30 minutes for 5 games to a whole week? I dont support dc-ing but it would be very hard to punish that in a way they wont lose players.
    You cant dc from a game with trolls or lag.
    No personal reason without punishment.

I say an easy fix to a lot of DCs is you make no rank change at all. A lot of players purposely disconnect to derank. Get rid of that for dcs and a lot more players will stop.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    I know that feeling. I just had a free game cuz a ds user got outplayed on a mind game and downed. In his profile he even attacked (rank 1/1 dbd) and other game stats, proud of it

Its just sad people DC like that. This I the only online game in a competitive setup that don't punish dc. In any other one gives an increase timeout depending on how many dc you did during the day, it should be implemented to a certain extent so won't punish harshly who had internet/software/hardware issues
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

If someone disconnects excessively, chances are they will be banned. The game automatically flags and bans anyone that disconnects beyond a certain threshold in a given month. If they're disconnecting over petty things like going down, I'm willing to bet they'll be on the next ban list. DC bans start at a week and escalate up to permanent (1w > 2w > 4w > permanent).

I think deranking them would be counter productive, as some of them want to be lower ranks to play against low ranked killers/survivors so they can BM and feel like they're good at the game. Banning them outright would also be a little much because you can never tell when someone needs to legitimately DC. For example, the game bugs out and you get stuck somewhere where the killer can't kill you and you can't escape, or someone is griefing or cheating and you just don't want to stick around for it. More importantly, that would mean that those who play the game more would be punished harder because they're bound to run into those situations eventually (if you play ten matches a month, no big deal, but if you play a hundred matches a month, your chances of running into something like that at some point are ten times higher).

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    Peanits said:

If someone disconnects excessively, chances are they will be banned. The game automatically flags and bans anyone that disconnects beyond a certain threshold in a given month. If they're disconnecting over petty things like going down, I'm willing to bet they'll be on the next ban list. DC bans start at a week and escalate up to permanent (1w > 2w > 4w > permanent).

I think deranking them would be counter productive, as some of them want to be lower ranks to play against low ranked killers/survivors so they can BM and feel like they're good at the game. Banning them outright would also be a little much because you can never tell when someone needs to legitimately DC. For example, the game bugs out and you get stuck somewhere where the killer can't kill you and you can't escape, or someone is griefing or cheating and you just don't want to stick around for it. More importantly, that would mean that those who play the game more would be punished harder because they're bound to run into those situations eventually (if you play ten matches a month, no big deal, but if you play a hundred matches a month, your chances of running into something like that at some point are ten times higher).

True but that is a % thing so who play a lot can DC a lot more

I prefer something like some mobas do with some tweaks before play again
    1dc? Its OK
    2dc - 1 min
    3dc- 5min
    4dc - 20 min

Etc and it resets daily not monthly which makes them DC way more often. if is meant daily it won't hurt who play a lot of who play just a few games a day since if you play a lot 5 mins around nothing. You watch a video and that's it

Maybe even 2 free dc a day would be fine since who dc for meaningless reasons would keep doing it often and at least would get punished for doing so
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:
    Many survivors and killer want derank.
    Because shorter lobby time and easy enemys.
    It would be nice if they get a lobby timer,when they dc.
    Example:
    1 DC per day = 1 min for 1 game,
    2 DC per day =5 min for 2 games,
    3 DC per day =10 min for 3 games,
    4 DC per day =30 min for 5 games,
    5 DC = bann for 1 week,
    25 dc per month = bann for a month,

Sounds reasonable, but I would up the penalty for the first DC to 5 minutes

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Peanits said:

We all know that the system with the current percentage doesnt work.
    Even fogstreamers show us that you can derank by DCing and you are not harmed.

We need INSTANT punishments after a DC, preferably queue time punishment like any other competitive game handles it.

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65
    Options

@milo77727 said:
    Sometimes the survivors and killers that DC do it because of lag or a urgent matter. I once had a killer DC to go to the restroom. What happens if you DC for a good reason or lag out? Youd be punished too. Why does it jump from 30 minutes for 5 games to a whole week? I dont support dc-ing but it would be very hard to punish that in a way they wont lose players.
    You cant dc from a game with trolls or lag.
    No personal reason without punishment.

I say an easy fix to a lot of DCs is you make no rank change at all. A lot of players purposely disconnect to derank. Get rid of that for dcs and a lot more players will stop.

You can not go easy on people that behave like children with tantrum syndrome due to not having their way in the game. Moreover, if you have to leave for a good reason, do not drop the in-game session and ruin the mood to play a game. Above all, I know a lot of our people are not very calculative with their objectives ,although time is very valuable and wasting it for others is quite selfish.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Dropping them down 5 ranks is ridiculous. The game is bad enough for new players at rank 15 because they get put with all the rage quitters who may be rank 15 but still have 2000 hours on the game.

This is the problem. These P3 Claudettes with Decisive at rank 15. They go against a newbie killer and loop them all game, teabag and act toxic.

Then they go against a killer who manages to get them down, so they disconnect, lose 2 pips and get to stay in easy ranks.

This is how they beat the system. They manage to play enough games to completion to not get banned yet are able to keep in easy games at low ranks due to the disconnects losing them pips. 
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179
    Options

Essentially, never give someone throwing a tantrum what they want, it solves nothing. Punish them for their childish ways until they grow up or.. idk, the equivalent of quitting the game would be offing oneself so maybe not that but you get my point.