Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solo queue survivors who don't run kindred

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Why?

(Asking out of curiosity, not telling you to run it)

Post edited by Yords on

Comments

• Itooshie
    Itooshie Member Posts: 174

I have other perks I like running. 🤔

I like using DH, Second Wind, SpineChill and BT. It's my preferred way to play. Kindred to me is always one of those "Wow that's cool they're running it!" perks, but personally I find games without it are the same as using it. Atleast with Kindred tho, you can all visibly see who is and isn't contributing at certain times 🙈

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

It's not necessary, and it wouldn't fit in my build anyway.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited April 2021

Because bond is all I need to know when a game is lost.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

I prefer bond.

Open handed could change that maybe but probably not.

I run bond with PTS and We'll make it so I can coop gens quickly and rescue and heal people quickly. Kindred only works on hooks but bond helps all game long.

Kindred helps brain dead teammates a bit, but I mean if your team is brain dead kindred won't save them. You just watch them crouch walk around still not using the information anyways.

Bond is the opposite, it shows me information that I can act on.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

This

I prefer bond over Kindred. Sure it's helpful and the killer aura read is nice but I'm not introducing in the idea of being hooked to get the effect. I like bond better as it could automatically help in chases and let me not bring the killer to other survivors, help a bit with healing as i could find others to heal me, and find where I can help out with gens.

Bond is just better because of this.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Aftercare, bond, empathy. In that order.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I used to run it all the time. But I don't now, cause I can usually count on someone else running it. And if they aren't, it's not a BIG deal. Usually I can get some sense for where my teammates are and if I should be going for the unhook. Plus, I feel like when I run it my teammates don't use it optimally.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Just want to add that Kindred becomes redundant the more Survivors that have it. If one of my teammates also has Kindred, then they already get/give the info that my Kindred would get/give. Ideally you want like 2 people to have it because all 4 using it is too much overlap.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

I find kindred's auras when ANOTHER surv is hooked even more useful than the aura for others when you are hooked. Bc. it gives you the information whether you have to go to the unhook or not, bc the other players are busy. I think we can agree that it's good practice to not let someone die or get into second phase on the hook, to increase the chances for all / most to escape. Kindred helps you greatly in that, much more than bond could in general. Of course there are situation when bond can give you the same information about other survivors in case af someone being hooked, but it won't show you a killer camping. Sure bond is much more versatile, but when deciding whether to go unhook or not, kindred is unmatched.

Bond is great (even in SWF, imo), Kindred is great (esp. in soloQ).

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

A little bit map awareness and Kindred isn't a must have.

And seeing my Team crouchwalking around isn't good for my sanity level.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

I don't care enough

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Are a lot of people getting Kindred confused with Bond? Bond, you can see others,, Kindred you can only see the hook and killer's position in relation to the hook, you cant see other survivors unless they are within that radius.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I used to run it, because i am a teamplayer at heart. But with this game, i stopped playing that way. Too often i was left behind after i saved 2 people, even against non-camping killers. You take a hit for someone already injured, then they bodyblock you, and leave you on your first hook.

More and more, i played to save myself. Kindred doesn´t help me with this.

I hope that if we ever get a good matchmaking, things might change again, and its worth being a teamplayer again.

• Dicklaycia
    Dicklaycia Member Posts: 147

I prefer Kindred, not only to show my teammates who’s doing what and whether or not I’m getting camped, but also so I have that information when someone is hooked. It’s also good for telling me which direction the Killer is going, so I can see if I need to start making myself scarce, going for the save, finishing a gen, etc.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I don't need kindred. I use Deliverance instead, works better in my opinion.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

You have more luck then me. Every time I use deliverance the killer spawns near me.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021

Kindred has more uses than getting yourself safely unhooked, granted that is it's main appeal:

-Lets people know you are being camped so they should do gens

-lets people know what direction killer is going to go next

-Gives people's locations which they can use for other tasks such as figuring out if they should do a gen, go for save, go help someone, or anything.

-Gives you info when someone else is on the hook

and so on....

Also what if you are hooked first? What if you are on second hook?

• Kira4Evr

Yea that happens sometimes. Even if I get hooked first I basically lose a perk, it doesn't make any difference for me. I usually only use 3 perks because that actually everything I need. The fourth perk can be whatever I feel like. But it's Usually Deliverance or We're gonna live forever.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,405

No, if someone is hooked you can see all survivor on the entire map and the same goes for the other survivor when you are hooked.

• Kira4Evr

I don't use Deliverance in a way that others do, and I synergize it with DS. I'm decent at looping, so I can loop a killer for a while. When I get hooked, I let the killer walk away a bit and then unhook myself, so they believe that I think I'm safe. Because 90% of the killers are going back and start chasing me again. And when I get downed again they instantly pick me up. BOOM, there's my DS, and the chase extends. And by that point, 2-4 gens are usually done. So 2 hooks for that's a really good trade. And I also use it because I don't trust my teammates to save me xd

And yes. It happens that I get hooked first sometimes. But I actually only need 3 perks to have a decent game, so it really doesn't make any difference for me. And besides, I personally don't really need the information, because I know when it's my job to unhook, I notice quickly if none of my teammates don't go for the unhook, and aura reading on the killer is situational.

• [Deleted User]

Tbf using it with DS is now most others do it too. Most intelligent killers generally assume you have DS if you use deliverance, but you are right most don't lol.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Ah, yes. That was before you realize how much you cannot rely on your solo q teammates when you see one self caring at the other side of the map, one hiding in a bush and or locker and one who is being chased to the ends of the earth while you're dangling on that hook. I'm better off running perks that actually benefit me (I.e, dead hard, Iron Will, etc).

Tldr; I just found it to be kinda annoying, seeing what the others are not doing lol

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

🤣 True. Deliverance is the right perk for solo. It even helpful in the endgame when you didn't get hooked until then and no one is coming for you despite you helped and carry them... lol

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I do tend to run it most of the time. However, I feel like it's been working against me lately where my team mates will use it to locate each other to heal instead of going to rescue me. Now what happens in this case are either of these two things:

1) I reach 2nd stage of the hook

2) I die because by the time they both heal each other my struggle bar runs out.

Either of those two things happening to you when you run this perk is demoralizing.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I run it all the time. It should be base kit.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

If they let me reach second stage for healing eachother, I just suicide in their face, specially if it's early game.

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

I love using Kindred. I don’t always use it as I like to try out different builds, but it’s definitely one perk I use a lot. For me, it can be a complete game changer. Knowing whether you should stay on a generator or go for the save can honestly be the difference between everybody escaping or not.

I also love Bond and I’ve recently been using Better Together which is actually pretty great and I’m surprised more people don’t use it.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

I don't understand the argument "I rather run Bond over Kindred". I run both because, while they can overlap each other sometimes, they have different range + one of them shows the auras to other survivors AND lets you see where the killer is heading to as well, allowing better coordination.

My build is all around information, these 2 perks + spine chill and better together, because i don't think i need anything else. I can loop well enough, always check for escape routes before working on a gen, etc... I can use my skills to deal with that, but i can't get the information i want just by using skills.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2021

deliverance is way better. sure kindred can have its plays but with deliverance you dont waste your teammates time (which they probably wouldve spent self caring in a corner anyway). also kindred doesnt help camping, all it does is tell the other survivors that going for the unhook is a death wish. deliverance can also come in clutch in the end game when the killer hooks you next to an open exit gate. there were so many times where i wished i had the perk

• Bangarang
    Bangarang Member Posts: 352

I don’t really think they’re comparable as perks. One gives you countless aura reading and the other let’s you jump off the hook and only if you’ve managed to get a safe hook rescue first. Both are good in their own ways, but I’d say that Kindred is definitely more consistent with what it brings to the table.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Generally, I don’t really think I need it.

I’m almost never left on hook for over a minute, and if I am, its because of the killer’s actions.

I also don’t experience many avoidable hook trades or BT plays that Kindred would have helped.

As for when my teammates are on the hook, I practice common sense (closest full-health survivor has priority for unhook), and use context clues to inform my decision making.

Audio cues, HUD status changes, and what I can see all provide plenty of info for me to make a decision.

The only thing Kindred gives me that I’m otherwise lacking is knowledge about what gens people are working on.

I often feel like i’m the only one who notes the location of other generators being worked on when Kindred is up.

If i see a killer chase a survivor off a gen I’ll go over there to either stop the PGTW regression or finish the generator.

i will never understand why my teammates prefer to start a generator with 0% progress over the one they should have seen me cranking on Kindred.

I ######### you not, i’ve seen teammates start working on 0% gens that are 24m away from 90% gens they clearly saw me get chased off of with Kindred.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

Because I am sure my teammates will save me...

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Because I change my perks alot.

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Kindred is a great info perk,,,that run with borrowed time to help with saves is a good half of a build I think.

• Yords

But that doesn't happen every game, you would rather just not run it most of the time?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I used to run both Kindred and Bond, but I have come to prefer Kindred a lot more and dropped Bond. Seeing other Survivors whenever is nice, but seeing the Killer is what I find valuable. Also knowing if someone else is going for a save so I don't have to leave the gen myself is good.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Because the number one reason we die is because no one repairs generators. Prove Thyself doesn't help that. Kindred doesn't help that. Nothing does. It's a wasted perk slot.

• Yords

Actually, I think deliverance is sometimes detrimental to use in solo queue. Yeah sure, it can help you when your teammates leave you on hook, but what happens when they don't? Most of the time a teammate will rescue you, but if you have deliverance and use it there is a good chance that your teammate will have already wasted their time to come get you and it would have been better to let them rescue you.

Kindred tells you a lot more than just where the killer is, it lets everyone know what everyone is up to which is valuable information.

In end game, you should probably be on second stage or death hook if you have been taking hooks for your teammates.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I need space for sole survivor

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

What bothers me even more is when I bring kindred as solo, I'm on the hook, the killer is face camping me and they STILL aren't doing gens.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I did run it but I found it didn't really help. People play how they wanna play and a perk won't change that.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

When I ran it I would be left on hook when killer was no where near me and be farmed off hook when killer was right there.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

my build are often more focused on chases and gen pressure.

I run kindred every now and then and will prob do it a lot more once we get the open handed buff.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

@ShamelessPigMain I wonder how many of us in SQ would equip a perk that granted blindness while hooked.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I run it basically every game. I just like to know what everyone is doing. I genuinely feel like it helps everyone in the trial make better decisions. Solo Q groups need all the help they can get. Also works decently with PT as a sort of ghetto bond.