Nothing says I have no skill more so than NOED.

Options

I love DBD, I discovered it like a year ago and have hundreds of hours of gameplay in it. I play Survivor and Killer equally. I remember when I started off playing as Killer, Noed was the best thing ever, down those annoying survivors with one smack, it was beautiful. But the truth is, it’s such a crap perk which obviously skews balance data making kills per game look much more balanced when it simply wasn’t deserved.

I can’t count how many games have ended with atleast two kills because of Noed when the killer was doing so badly doing regular time.

It’s honestly a joke of a perk for killers that don’t have skill, honestly when I see someone is using it I roll my eyes thinking I knew this is the kind of player that would be running it. It does surprise me when better killers use it from time to time.

I will admit though the only thing which makes it a little exciting is running around the map at the end looking for the totem to break it and knowing you could get spotted, never ever fun finding out you’re the first one downed by it though.

Comments

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

It's good for new killers or weak killers, not really a matter of skill because a killer equips it knowing they'll likely get to end-game. Some people want to play weak killers like Trickster but actually want to get kills too, or a new player doesn't want to lose completely and so they run.

Very rarely do I see someone using it when they're comfortable with their skill unless they have no other perk available or they're playing a weak killer.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

If a killer has played really well all match and hooked everyone and even killed one or two other survivors I really don't mind getting hit with noed.

The only time it annoys me is if I've outplayed a killer all game without even getting hit and they've pretty much struggled to get anyone and then get hit by it.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200
    Options

baby killers need a way to feel like they achieved something, like a pity prize or else they will get upset at the OP survivors

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

So true, hex perks suck, the only one that is decent sometimes is devour. I don't use any other hex perks in my builds. Only ruin sometimes in high pressure killers.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

Almost all of them are pretty inreliable.

Noed, Ruin, and devour hope are about it for decent hex perks. Ruin is so good that even if destroyed soon-ish it still is worth it. Noed is basically a noob stomper but it's not actually good, and devour hope is 8/10 not worth it but it's devastating and fun if you can pull it off.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    Options

Laugh as much as you want, you can't deny the skill of players participating it.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256
    Options

To be honest the majority of competitive DBD players are mediocre at best. Literally anybody can be a competitive DBD player and there are only a few teams who really stand out from the crowd. I agree there are players who are really freaking good at this game but they are a minority.

• Bumbus
    Options

"Competitive player" doesn't mean a good player, just a player who wants to compete. Still, teams in finals of that tournament were freakin' good.

• Shenshen
    Options

Yeah but to be honest if you call yourself a competitive player you better be good. The majority isn't.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Its still a fine perk if you are learning a new killer.

• Bumbus
    edited April 2021
    Options

Well, I don't think that the majority of competitive players would call themselves like that. You just go to a tournament, then to the next one, then you train to perform better on next tournament, and then bang - people call you a competitive player.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

"To be honest the majority of competitive DBD players are mediocre at best"

no the average competitive dbd player is average, thats how those terms/words work

• Shenshen
    Options

I'm not a native speaker but I'm pretty sure they mean the same.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

it's a good perk for new killers so they have that extra help in endgame. Then when they get better they won't need to use NOED as much.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

If you're going to say I have no skill either way, I'd rather use NOED and get 1K as opposed to not using it and getting zero.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

"Do bones"- It's not always that simple. Especially on indoor maps. I personally would just like the speed buff removed, then I think noed would be fine.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,380
    Options

Nah there is one thing which screams i have no skill from the rooftops. When a teammate hides all game to get hatch at end. No gens no saves no nothing.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Yeah if you are in mid to low rank, or purple. A bit of advice if the killer is not good, there is a 50/50 chance they could have NOED, based on what I seen.

• Lothlorien
    Lothlorien Member Posts: 19
    Options

There are much more problematic perks that cannot be removed (on survivor side), than NOED. Even if the killer's running undying, that's still 2 perk slots gone, for a possible end game snowball... Sounds fair enough. :)

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    edited April 2021
    Options

It's not just about skill. It's about patience, tactics and using the survivors over confidence against them. The most patient killers are often the ones that get rewarded and this is a good example of that.

The survivors that chose not do the totems take the risk. At times I have downed as many three survivors using NOED(sometimes with the help of Blood Warden) because I waited. They get overconfident thinking they "got" this and are going to escape. As you can imagine It can make the after match chat a bit interesting.

I'm guessing the OP may have been one of those taken down by a Killer using NOED. Thought they were going to escape and instead was sacrificed. Perhaps they were in a SWF and lost more then one survivor to it. It's not necessarily a lack of skill thing on the Killers part. Waiting till the end can be a good strategy.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

What about those rank 2-4 survivors that cant do gens or chases... that shows far less skill than using a perk, like they physically struggle to hold a button and do a gen... I'd much rather verse noed killers than have a team that dont do anything. Besides I get totems anyway, no point rushing the game and anyone that does cant complain about the perk.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    Options

I love using Blood Warden with NOED. Sometimes it is a waste. Their are times it is worth it though. Survivors hanging out in the exit gate and you get one hooked using NOED. The ones hanging around have possibly run into a problem when the exit is suddenly blocked off. If the basement is nearby or there are enough empty hooks then that 60 seconds can seem like an eternity. And to think it could have all been prevented by cleansing the totems.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

and that perk doesn't even work most of the time for me. I find Lithe to be a better perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,563
    Options

Balance the game so that killers can get good results without NOED, and then they won't be inclined to use it. There's the solution.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

The thing about noed is that it's a REALLY cheap way to get kills, which is why people complain about it.

Survivors go all game feeling they are doing good at looping the killer and getting gens done only get get one shot down by a wraith and then face camped until death.

It's a very unsatisfying perk for both sides imo.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

The majority of the community didn't want a totem counter on a perk, we wanted a general totem counter. We could make totem and their associated perk better afterwards to compensate.

Seriously, solos never get a break in this game. 😓

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

You're dealing with tournament swfs. Of course the'll do all gens