Tofu tier list on Freddy.

One of the most knowledgeable DBD players just put Freddy in B tier behind doctor, why is he getting nerfed? Why are some killers so hated on? How many times has Freddy been changed, leave the man alone. What was the point of nerfing his speed add-ons if they were just going to get deleted?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I imagine they won't be, but I will at least keep an open mind to see how they actually play out.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,542

Me too. I will test everything tomorrow, but I already have a bad feeling.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

The game isn’t competitive, devs keep making changes rank 20s ask for. Freddy wasn’t anywhere close to the best killer and they still nerfed him.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Wow devs gave him dev build to play and test new freddy? Lucky guy

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

What happens to addons if you have some and they remove them?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Sure, but you don't nerf a killer because they are easy to play.

Nurse is really HARD to play and has a 40% kill rate. Should we buff her too?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

Freddy B tier? What?. Freddy is easily A tier, and top of A tier... he has everything in his kit, he is not weak in any aspect at the very least he may be average in one aspect and very strong in the rest.. he is strong, and very hard to go against if using tinkerer + ruin.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Not true at all if they only cared about statistics then technically Nurse is the weakest killer and should be buffed and leatherface and pig and doc should be nerfed but there never touched

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

Yes, It's still true- they do however also look at kill rates in both red ranks, and people who main certain killers.

It is like 90% decided by kill rates though, Nurse has like the 3rd highest kill rate of any killer when compared to killers with experience in their killers. That's why she has not been touched.

• Chilli_man2400

I understand but when everyone uses the statistics as a crutch to insult the devs is wrong because they don’t always use statistics. They mentioned OoO would not get changed cause it had a low statistics but it’s getting nerfed now and they said trickster is getting buffed in 2 months cause if statistics yet he’s getting buffed on Wednesday.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2021

I still feel they should have just given Freddy some sort of skillshot and replaced Snares tbh. A high impact killer should have a skillful power to use instead of nerfing them into the ground. Granted Freddy isn't terrible but of course much worse.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

They have literally said that they consider Legion to be the most statistically fair.

They have been buffing the killers to the far left of him, and nerfing the killers to the far right of him....

Nurse has been the only exception, and they stated the reason was because her kill rate in the top 1% was so high.

So honestly, if pig had a high 1% kill rate (I don't think she does) they might actually nerf her as well some day, yes.

Also, we're not talking perks we're talking killers. Trickster I have no doubt has insanely bad statistics, enough so it's clear even after this short time.

Also I never insulted the devs, I literally stated what they do based on what they said they did. If that is an insult, then they are insulting themselves.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

OhTofu's list is for Good killers vs Good Survivors. Freddy's only B tier because Good survivors don't get caught with their pants down and know how to counter play Freddy's tricks rather than just hold M1 blissfully until the killer pops up on top of them. Freddy's very punishing against bad players and guess what the majority of Survivors are?

• youngjun
    youngjun Member Posts: 269

Most of highest rank players say Freddy is overestimated and Legion/Plague/Demo need to buff.

Actually Freddy is strong in MID-LOW Rank but many players are there. they don't know how to face him. They just looping same place and they are caught easily.

To be honest, his add-on should be changed because now add-on is not important to him. (not buff, remake)

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

He stomps noobs and dbd has a lot..sad facts

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

Freddy is super easy to counter. Just hold shift W. Pre drop pallets sometimes if needed. Time it all right, and freddy gets bullied easily. I thought for a while he was kind of op, but he really isn't once I learned counterplay to him.

• Chilli_man2400

I never said I insulted you. I’m saying in general for others your fine I never said anything about you.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

in one of the few times I've agreed with Tru3 - if they're going off that, why the hell aren't they buffing the absolute ######### out of the nurse then?

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Personally I think we should wait until we see how Freddy plays with these nerfs, quite early to be moving him down on tier lists until we see how he performs.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Sure, all they care about is statistics. That's why we have a Nurse Buff incoming. Also disconnects aren't even counted in the statistics. I disagree with the Freddy nerf's direction, but he's definitely someone who needed to be looked at.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Since Blight has a low kill rate, guess he needs a buff.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Freddy is easily B tier or low A tier, because just because he has a lot in his kit doesn't mean he is super strong. He is very easy. He doesn't take a lot to get maximum value, but a good survivor can easily beat him. He wasn't ever op, just punishing to lower skill players, but even being average and competent you could bully freddy. Now he is nerfed, along with demo, two killers that needed help.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Freddy is getting nerfed because Freddy is easy mode for beating on your average team. Which Tofu pointed out in the video.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

How is Huntress so low? She always gets easy 4k's in the games I play against her. One of the worst killers to go against in regards to escaping. Surprised she's so low

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

There are like 3 players using her in non-killer-specific tournaments, and even they aren't doing too well.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Actually TOFU quite specifically said he was making the list based on if the killer has been mastered. Therefore nurse and spirit are stronger than Freddy.

He specifically said if he was going off your average player and games then Freddy would be at the top of the list because his skill cap is so low and he totally obliterates mid tier survivor games- which is what most people playing experience.

Developers aren't going to cater to just the top 1-5% of player base as they're just that. They are looking at overall health of the game and after a couple years Freddy is still hitting average 75% kill rate.

It may include suicides and DCs but then so do all the other killers stats so they're still comparable. Regardless by now even if DCs and suicides made up even the majority of his wins then there's an underlying issue that people just don't like to play against him, therefore something needs to change. Unfortunately telling people to just 'git good' is wishful thinking and thus far obviously hasn't worked since his kill rate is still high years later and people are still quitting games against him.

I just find him incredibly dull to go against in soloQ as pretty much the only counter is to try and get through gens ASAP to cut down his teleport locations and get the game ended quickly - something which rarely happens in solo as ppl aren't efficient and even if they were it's boring with little to no interaction.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

He made it very clear he's basing this on the very top tier of play.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I'm not going to comment on whether or not Freddy deserved to get buffed, but please form your own opinion on these things. Don't just go "well person said so", even if that person does have a lot of experience.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

i wasnt talking about if he is easy or not to play with, im talking about how strong he is, and he is very strong, he is good at stopping gens, good at chasing, the only teams taht cant beat him are the top 1% of coordinated teams that would trash any other killer in the game or would give a hard time to nurse and spirit so doesnt mean much anyway.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Personally I'd put freddy on bottom 5 now...sadly

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Tofu also put Deathslinger in S tier and billy above oni, I'm not taking that list seriously.

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 220

Tofu also said he is fine and doesn't feel too different, that his power is in his ability to teleport. This only punishes people who down his power without thinking. In his stream last night, he specifically said the only people complaining about these Freddy nerfs are bad killers. He literally said, "if people complain about these Freddy nerfs, thank you for telling me you're bad at killer."

Let's not take his tier list out of perspective from how he truly feels about these nerfs.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

You can put a cabbage between the seat and keyboard and it will net 3 kill on Freddy. He needs adjustment.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

That is hilarious you think only the top 1% of coordinated teams can beat freddy. He isnt op in the slightest, he is too easy. The best freddy player isnt much different than a new freddy, because his abilities dont have skill behind them. He can stop gens, and he is good at chasing, but that doesnt mean he is the best in the categories, and in order to counter him it's insanely easy. You can't go around saying a killer is op and needs giant nerfs just because you dont know how to beat them. Freddy isn't deep or complicated, he just has kit overload.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

Freddy is not strong against the very top tier of survivors, I believe that this is what Tofu was basing his list off of. However, BHVR obviously isn't going to balance around a small group like that, they are going to balance around the large majority who dislike facing Freddy and allow him to seem stronger than he is.

The reason he is so weak against the very best players is very simple, he's an m1 killer. This game is inherently unbalanced against m1 killers, but this is only shown when survivors are good enough to utilize this imbalance. An m1 killer can only do so much in chase due to fundamental chase mechanics, regardless of any power they have to slowdown/expose/anything else. If a survivor knows how to read mindgames, knows when to be patient at vaults and corners, knows when to drop pallets, and knows how to play around downed pallets, an m1 killer can do very, very little to catch them, it comes down to the survivor making a mistake.

Now obviously killers with powers/perks to slowdown survivors or deny actions such as Freddy/Clown/Doc/Bamboozle will be able to do a little bit more, but what it really means is that the survivor will throw pallets early. One of the key differences between a good player and a great player is the ability to play and read down pallets, and knowing how to play these makes a large amount of filler pallets unmindgameable until bloodlust 2-3.

Freddy is inherently weak due to him being an m1 killer. but the vast majority of survivors do not have the experience or skill to exploit this weakness.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045

snares are the most boring and uninspired ability they could've ever come up with

if not a skillshot, they should've at LEAST given him a power that forces him to be strategic (and not trap set up time, that's awfully boring) and smart (like his old power). I don't get why they ever thought snares were a good idea nor why they kept them.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

freddy since his rework has never been a top tier killer, hes always just had a low barrier to play effectively

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

Freddy's kit is bloated, he's easy to play and do well. He's just not fun to go against and I'm pretty sure that's why they went after him. Beside he apparently have the most kill on average.

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264

you just said it.

nurse has a low kill rate BECAUSE she is hard to play and newbies have a harder time using her power.

also she is included in the base game so way more newbies pick her instead of freddy wich is a DLC.

even tho she's probably the best killer once you master her, the skill gap is much larger compared to all the other killers.