Help me finish my huntress build? Any suggestions people?

Hey everyone hope y'all having a good day.

Looking for advice on what perks to run on my huntress, ive got all perks available tier 3 and i currently run:

corrupt intervention, bbq, and pop

But im not too sure what my last perk should be, most of the time it is thrilling tremors.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Also iron maiden and shadowborn arent my cup of tea.

Comments

• GaryFookinKing
    GaryFookinKing Member Posts: 5

Nurses is pretty good, so is bitter murmur if you can take advantage of that aura reading

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Whisperers is a really great tracking perk.

Helps you finding that first and last survivor very easily

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Can't ever go wrong with discordance.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

If you're going sweaty, bamboozle and brutal strength are often used by some very strong Huntress players. If you want to play more casual/fun, iron maiden, nurses calling, whispers, discordance, and bitter murmur are all solid options. Try out Shadowborn at your own risk as well, it can be addictive.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Weird suggestion, but I find M&A to be pretty good on her. Most survivors like to wait for the heartbeat before they start running, which allows you to get closer than they expect.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2021

Whispers are absolutely amazing on huntress.

PGTW can be dropped sooner or later when you get more experience.

Brutal is ok, but bamboozle is suboptimal outside of tournament games - and even then, not for all maps. Latter one also prevents you from learning how to run some tiles.

Huntress is the only killer that can consistently makes use of bloodwarden, you can give it a shot.

Ruin is ok if you are running 3 gen strats on open maps.

Against top tier SWFs and tournament teams, you can go for stuff like HG+ruin+undying+noed, but that's definetely not a build for an everyday match.

Nurse's is easy to use and sometimes fun, too.

Certain players love discordance and bitter murmur, I personally disagree, but it might fit your playstyle - all of us approach the game a bit differently.

As a fun niche perk, huntress can use coup de grâce - you do M1 on some tiles, but not often enough for the quantity of available tokens to become insufficiant. Another pro is that you naturally lose at least a few gens regardless of your skill level.

I've also seen agitation being used sometimes for more hook protection oriented plays - huntress is absolutely amazing at certain spots, and getting someone hooked there allows you to "camp" it being half across the map.

Infectious fright, eventually paired with deerstalker can work on some maps if you adjust your playstyle accordingly.

M&A is the best choice if you are planning to play on lery's - I'm not quite sure what could make you willingly play huntress on this map, though. On most other maps it's useless.

Post edited by TripleSteal on
  • RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Why is Whispers good on Huntress specifically? Or why is whispers good generally? It seems way way overhyped in my opinion. It’s nice at the start and it’s nice at the end. Otherwise? It’s quite literally useless as you’ll usually know what to do or where to go by the mid game. Only exception would be if you lost someone in chase and the survivors are being immersed. That doesn’t happen very often in my experience though. Discordance seems like an objectively better perk against most survivor teams. To be fair, if the survivors play smart then they will hard counter discordance but I’d argue it’s still better than whispers.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2021

Disc. - I'm trying to put my fully intuitive game understanding into words, and I'm not sure I can do it well; take it with a grain of salt. I rate this perk as best huntress perk in the game with corrupted intervention being a close second, though.

Huntress main weakne sses are her low mobility and lack of sneakiness. Ending a chase quickly is not that hard, initiating it on the other hand may be complicated.

There are several killers that are entirely focused on chases and downs. You don't spend time on gen protection, you just try to kill everyone within a very short period of time you have untill the gens are completed (other killers of this kind are nurse, oni and myers).

Whispers allows you to reliably find people and initiate chases fast at any stage of the game. The most important aspect is the first chase, as you don't have to go to most gens/map corners, relying on the info provided by this perk instead. It saves you those precious bits of time - and you don't have too much of it when playing huntress.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Fair enough. In truth, I’ve become a bit spoilt playing killers with good mobility like Blight and Billy. The pain of taking 20 seconds to go to a corner of the map only to find no one is kind of alien to me now.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
  • CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Whisperer like everybody mentioned is quiet nice and you can also use Spies from Shadows to understand where survivors are running and can prepare your hatchet shots. Bitter Murmur is quite useful for the same reason as Spies from Shadows. I found "I am all Ears" to quite useful againts jungle-gyms so that I can see survivors which is also nice. The perks you should be selecting should be a perk where you can detect survivors faster and for that my advices are;

-Whisper

-Spies From Shadows

-I am all Ears

-Bitter Murmur

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Bbq, distressing, corrupt, beast of prey. Never kick gens. No add-ons. =Chill game and hella bp.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

You can try using Whispers. Huntress struggles with finding people and Whispers helps you be more time efficient. It’s great on most killers anyway.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,542

Most people have already suggested it, but I think Whispers is an excellent choice. I consider Huntress my "secondary main", even though I am terrible with her, and this perk helps a lot.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037
    edited April 2021

I know a lot of people have been saying it as well, but I am rather fond of Whispers on her (a lot of my killers really, if I'm being honest).

I'm All Ears was suggested earlier as well, but I've had it come in handy against really good players that were great at unpredictable movements when out of line of sight.

I ran Iron Maiden for a while on her...its a smidge predictable on Huntress (and as you said, not your cup of tea, which is understandable), but honestly it got some fair use...so its an honorable mention from me

And either Discordance or Surveillance aren't bad options to try out; a lot of good perks have been mentioned on this thread, its all a matter of what fits your playstyle!

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

My addition would be I'm All Ears, as some others have said. I use this on any ranged Killer. It's really cool. :)

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Thanks for all the suggestions y'all!

I'll give all these perks a try good luck in your matches everyone :)