Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

We’re about to get a large influx of new players. PLEASE, don’t be sweaty or toxic.

TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Like Stranger Things, Silent Hill, and other licenses beforehand, RE will bring in a large volume of curious fans that haven’t played DBD before.

We don’t want another disaster where a large percentage of these new players are left with an abysmal first impression of DBD like what has happened in the past.

Killers, if you see a survivor struggling, and clearly clueless, they’re probably new, give ‘em some slack. Don’t tunnel or camp them. Give them a fair go.

Survivors, if you see a baby killer only manage their very first down after 4 gens have popped, perhaps DON’T flash a torch into their face, or body block a hook.

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

If there is as may player as we think there are they will probably be matched together so they won't have to worry about toxicity for a while but a agree with knockout hopefully we forget about the toxicity for a while

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Yep. I think people that play a lot of killer can recognize new survivors very fast and I do hope they'll give them the chance to have a good new player experience. Survivors also be nice to the new players trying out killer and don't be toxic to them. I'm hoping to see a lot of survivors working together and looking out for each other. Its going to be super exciting when this goes live. I'm really looking forward to it!

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I for one welcome our fellow survival horror friends.

There are salt packets to your left and a blood point buffet to your right.

Have a pleasant stay

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'm always nice to baby survivors. You can tell. Last night I had a kate on dead dawg that panic vaulted into that room on the second floor with no exit and ran in circles for a second. Just watched her. Ok bud, I'll go hunt down the p3 claudette. Just for you.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Last night I was playing as Pig for a daily, and I found a Kate that was clearly struggling. She had an RBT on and was on her last hook.

I only realized how badly she was doing the third time I picked her up. She didn't even struggle. Instead of hooking her, I just picked her up and dropped her until she got the point and wiggled free.

I still killed her later on, because I don't give free escapes, but I certainly didn't play toxic. I even left the P3 Claudette with a medkit for her. Admittedly, the Claudette refused to share her kit, but I didn't know that until the endgame result.

If a killer bullies any of the new players, just know it isn't me. Sure, I might bring an Ebony Mori, or try out Basement Trapper, or run NOED on Wraith from time to time, but who doesn't? I always make a point not to play scummy.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Really? So you've never heard of the Survivor Rules for Killers?

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I mean... You shouldn't tunnel or camp anyone. That literally prevents people from playing the game.

• RenTheCat
    RenTheCat Member Posts: 212

I'd rather them think DbD playerbase is toxic than some weird degenerate cesspool full of freaks that wanna have sex with fictional serial killers and take pride on it.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Thanks for spreading this message man, you're awesome.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

If they can't handle a brutal game, they should leave, PERIOD

I refuse to hold back FOR ONE SIMPLE REASON.... because me ranking them up just means the guy above me is just going to beat them down anyway. Better they learn from me that they aren't worthy of ranking up

If they can't handle it, fine - they weren't meant for this game and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's a ######### PvP game - nobody should be holding back. If people want a chill game, they need to find something coop not DBD which is PvP

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Christ, I'm so sick of being demonized because I choose to give it my best when I'm up for playing, you all need to ######### off.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

While this is nice you can't stop how someone plays. I'm just gonna keep playing how I play. Not to be an ######### but I just don't feel like having less fun so others have more.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I agree. I was lucky enough that when dbd came out on my console, I got it day one so most players were clueless. Even the players that obviously transferred from another platform because they were insanely good for starting "1 hour ago" played fair. I generally try to keep that standard in my matches where, just in case of newer players, I try to play the game as fair as possible and give people what I would have wanted. The only time I play sweaty is when I see teams with flashlights and keys and their profiles have over 500 hours.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

MMR should be out already on RE chapter so let the matchmaking take care of new players

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

We’ll probably have a lot of new players trickling in between now and the chapter release.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Yayy!!! More room for the family <3! I hope they have a nice welcome and maybe even get into dbd :)!

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

And lull them into a false sense of security so they think the game will be fun and spend money on it before they are hit with the ruthless hammer of reality?!?

Bro that is so toxic, I'm in!

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

I never camp, tunnel, slug or even anti-hatch slug and I'm not about to start now! The game is much more fun if everyone gets to play a proper, full experience.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, maybe if devs would fix the matchmaking, such reminders wouldnt be nessecary, what do you think?

I take it that none of the people that support this thread do belive they will make a fair matchmaking happening, thus an appeal to the players is needed, am i right?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

While I agree that new players should be given more breathing room and nice first expressions, I also remember past events where people depiped on purpose to rofl stomp new players.

Appealing to players to not be toxic won't work. Since some people feast on the after match salt.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think that the devs will release/announce the release of the new mmr during the anniversary stream. So that it releases together with the new chapter and new players will mainly face each other.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2021

I'll level with you being part of the Resident Evil community it actually has quite a few toxic elitist in it so you should honestly be prepared for that.

The community will constantly bash on anything where the franchise doesn't go back to its roots or when it does a spin off. I imagine a lot of them will hop in DBD and complain that Capcom did a crossover while still playing it.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Of course not a problem for me as this is how I currently play anyway.

Thank you for putting this out and trying to support new players like this

I saulte your efforts @TheClownIsKing

Hoping for the best! 🐷💖

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2021

If you're having to literally beg the players to make the game enjoyable for newcomers then maybe the problem is the game and not the players...

Ever thought about that?

ìt's amazing too see the level of mental gymnastics from some of the people in this community.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

That's what I was actually worried about I've heard the RE community can be very savage when something happens they don't like. But I hope the devs are aware and know what they are getting into and do this chapter extremely well.

They trashed talked about resistance and refused to play it so I don't know if they would come over to DBD.

🐷💖

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    edited April 2021

Your message is admirable but pointless.

No one who was already going to be toxic will be be convinced by this message. Everyone who was already going to be friendly would have likely done so anyway had they not seen this message.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I guess they will arrive at the same time rank reset to 20 every month and MMR will be activated.

So good luck not to get stomped by rank 20 killer who has 2k hours but is playing a specific killer first time, so he gets matched with them.

This is a pvp game so toxicity cannot be tunned down just for new chapter.

Also I think most new players will get into it very soon no matter what games they will have. And if anything, the sooner they see what kind of players some people are, the better.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

Hrm?

I don't even know what toxicity would look in the resident evil "community" though I sure know its face in DBD. Despite me being old balls--and those balls been gaming my whole life since before OG RE--Dead by Daylight is the only game I've ever found toxic enough to consider that a notable definition or impacting my own desires to keep playing or not. I cannot possible imagine what there is to worry about going from B to A here.

But people in communities love and hate all sorts of things--especially parts of that community--because people aren't one big nebulous blob where one represents all. A lot of the "them" always do a lot of everything.

Honestly, I don't even get how that's your impression of the larger communities stance on change. There are all kinds of opinions, but the fact is that RE has even more side and spin-off titles than it does main entries, and even those main entries include radical change. For example: RE7 wasn't even the first first-person Resident Evil (That was Gun Survivor back on PS1, which was terrible btw and didn't even work with my lightgun, but I loved it.) Meanwhile two of the most popular entries RE4 and RE7 were monumentally different from everything that came before yet preserved the same core ideals in a way that brought new life into the franchise in ways that were clearly repeated in their immediate sequels.

I really can't think of a franchise that has mutated as much as Resident Evil and maintained its popularity consistently.

• Dustin

Basically just elitism in varying parts of the community for liking certain parts of the series like the movies, actions games, etcs. It's in every community but admittedly I notice it the most in the RE community. In a sense I understand where it came from but the mindset should no longer be relevant anymore considering how well Capcom has been doing. It's mostly just a mix of entitlement and elitism for the most part.

It won't surprise me if I see people getting hated on for playing the DBD RE DLC. I would say it's a loud minority but it feels a little louder than other communities considering it feels Capcom doesn't really have any way to quell the flames.

• Dustin

Yeah I honestly wouldn't even worry about the RE community getting bullied chances are it would be the other way around.

• Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340

Survivors, if you see a baby killer only manage their very first down after 4 gens have popped, perhaps DON’T flash a torch into their face, or body block a hook.

It's scary how accurately You described almost every Red Rank match ever. But yea, don't bully others.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Asking this community not to be toxic is like asking Gordon Ramsay to criticize your food in a polite, professional way -- like, yes, he could easily do that, but he's already made his choice.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I can’t wait for new Killers first experience with a sweaty 4 man SWF. It will be beautiful. Aka traumatic

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The community isn't even gonna be an issue for new players, most don't care that much about playstyles, it's the more experienced players that cry about that (and even that's only a small minority). This game drives away players more than the community ever could on its own with its absurd grind (that's about to get worse again with another killer and survivor), map design, RNG and unhelpful, outdated tutorials.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

I never play this way, I have achieved Rank 1 Killer (on Wraith and Legion so not even Top Tier killers) without ever using a Mori, or Camping, or Tunneling, I like to play fair, I play with Make Your Choice now so it actually intentionally helps me avoid tunneling or camping even if I wanted to (perhaps other perks such as this would benefit the game) ...

But I can tell you one thing, I've almost never in my entire DBD experience met any Survivors who don't bully me as much as they humanly possibly can no matter what rank or killer I was playing.

I do agree that it would be nice if Players were kinder to "new players" to give them a chance in the game at least. Make it slightly more fun for them, but I just don't ever realistically foresee that happening in DBD. Playing either side as a beginner was a nightmare and a half + all the Bloodpoint Grinding to get the Teachable Perks you want to match your playstyle, omfg, even though I love to enjoy playing DBD still after many years on the game.. I would NEVER EVER take the time to farm all that BP again.

If I had to start over fresh, I would much rather just quit the game for good. And New Players are starting Fresh every single time.. it is going to be fkn rough!

As Survivor I have at least met a few Friendly Killers that will Give Hatch or let you escape if your team dragged or you had DC or something.. so that's not impossible, it was nice, it's also not necessarily what this thread is about though. You can still get a 4K without playing Toxic. Similarly it is also possible to Escape 4 man without playing Toxic as well.