Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why isn’t it against the rules to leave one person to bleed out?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

If sabo costs me a hook, I have to assume the worst. Everyone gets slugged to death after that except maybe the last survivor.

I'll also be forced to slug to death if survivors burned Petrified Oak and a map like Lery's. No nearby hooks and I can't hook, that's not on me at all.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Pssst don't 3 gen yourself then :) Because survivors played bad and 3 gened themselves does not constitute taking the game hostage.

FYI 4 hours? Hyperbole much? Please point me to a vod of this supposed 4 hour stand off. I mean I am sure it was kept as a highlight since it was such a HUGE "accomplishment." I have been playing Doctor since he came out in May 2017 - I have over 2500 hours on him - so yeah I think I know what I am talking about. I also track ALL my matches and know that my longest match since May 2017 on Doctor was 41 minutes, but yes please tell me about these matches that lasted SIX TIMES longer than my longest. FYI the 41 minute match was a 3-gen on Coldwind in November 2019 where 1 eventually escaped (through the hatch).

Doctor can increase his terror radius to 62 meters (with specific perks and addons) which means every 60 seconds he can inflict 1 stage of Madness every 60 seconds in that area - otherwise he has to chase and use Shock Therapy - so yes the survivors played it bad - by not spreading out and forcing the Doctor to target 1-2 instead of 3-4. Gideon has a total area of 76 meters on top and 66 meters on the bottom. So in your scenario the survivors were not held hostage, but rather simply played bad...for a laughable 4 hours. There are a lot of killers I do not know well, but Doctor is not one of them.

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236
    edited April 2021

20 matches later I'm still bleeding out exausted on the floor tnx to Dead hard or no stun pallet, waiting for the killer to slug everyone.

I had a particullary heavy match against a Deathslinger where for the first time in 2 years of me playing this game I lost my shirt. Playing Dead Dawg Saloon, me and a Blendette, 3 gened with 2 gens left, I was running him most of the match and I finally get downed after 2 survivors died. He leaves me to go search for the Claudette or the Hatch, IDK, she comes and picks me up and hides in the bushes, He comes, downs me and the Claudette sneaks up and heales me. I couldn't bleed out, I wasn't getting hooked, I couldn't escape, I was literally nowhere for 10 minutes. I don't know why he wasn't searching for the Claudette, he was obviously passively tunneling me. We didn't even have an Obsession which means no DS! After the sixth time and with my bleed meter somewhere on half I just couldn't put up with this bullshirt anymore and DCd. I later watched the matched, he finally downed the Claudette and nodded up and down until she bleed out and my DC ran out watching that BS.

Post edited by sharkster13 on
  • Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    edited April 2021

It is a part of the game thats why

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

I'll keep saying it: Survivors should be able to pick themselves up by performing a 10 second animation at a generator, after filling their entire recovery bar.

This way, being slugged is not a gameplay dead zone, and you can still do -something-, even pressure killers into picking you up when they're trying to go for a 4-slug or a grief-slug.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

and what are you willing to give up or give to the killer for that massive, massive survivor buff? It would have to be equally huge.

You are basically telling a lot of people to lose games and game changing pressure because you don't like being on the ground; so you better be prepared for what will have to happen for the other side in return.

• TragicSolitude

You can force yourself to bleed out. If you hold down the sprint button you can stop survivors from healing you. That includes being picked up off the ground if you're in the dying state.

• sharkster13

Have you ever had that one survivor that would just follow you around and try to heal you and wouldn't take no for an answer so he could farm points while the killer is waiting over the hatch?

Yes, 20 matches in a row of me getting slugged as a solo survivor and waiting for the killer to stop nodding and to finally pick me up in a no DS party. 20*4=80 minutes + matchmaking wait time + time for me to loop the killer. I cannot loop better with bloodlust 3 and I needed other survivors to take the pressure off because of the non reliable mechanics. I can loop a killer for 4 gens and he can still instadown everyone on that final gen cause the geniouses were able to 3 gen themselves every single match.

• TragicSolitude
    edited April 2021

I've had matches where I kept getting slugged so I held down the button to force the bleed out. I didn't care how much the survivor danced around me, I was tired of being picked up just to go back down. And if I don't move or recover I get to annoy the crap outta the killer with bird noise notifications until I die. Win-win.

• sharkster13

I don't care about piping or ranks I just want to have fun.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

What's way worse than this are survivors who hide for 30+ minutes on Blackwater Swamp with no intent of doing anything else but causing grief. I played a match earlier where two survivors didn't do anything the entire match. After their teammates died, they continued to hide in lockers and grass until they were finally found many moons later.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

I slug as well sometimes just to meme about for points (I do it as infinite Myers when I’m getting my butt whooped)

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

You can get up to 300 survival points for recovering. Just throwing that out there. 🤣

I am fully onboard for an accelerated bleedout option for slugged survivors. Not instant death (due to hatch shenanigans with SWF and such), but speeding up the process by up to double the rate so that the killer can act appropriately.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Back in November of 2020 when I commented you didn't get any points for recovering, they added that scoring event fairly recently. 😁

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

It sucks, but you can't regulate this.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I thought I smelled necromancy. This post is from like, last year.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

I do this sometimes when someone managed to sabotage a hook. I throw the Surv back to the ground and now i know: If i pick him/her up again, he/she will wiggle off, so i HAVE to wait. This is a more or less stupid mechanic.

I mean i dont do this on purpose, because first off its kinda lame and unfair and second i dont even want to wait like 5 minutes or so. Who the hell wants to wait that long? 😅

I think there might be a solution for that. They could implement holding down a button to bleed out a bit faster. I dont know, maybe there ard other ways for fixing this too.

• Firellius

It's not a massive survivor buff. If it happens that they pull themselves up, they've been slugged for over half a minute and somehow slipped away from the killer while moving at, what, 10% speed? How often is that going to happen if the killer isn't actively throwing the match anyway?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

It would be less than that, people would just take tenacity who needs unbreakable when you can pick yourself up in about 30 seconds or less every time with that.

Not to mention anytime someone was about to go down, or was in a dead zone, or in any real trouble- they would just get super close to a gen as they went down (Where most loops tend to be located btw, near a generator). You basically can't slug in like 70% of the map anymore.

Unbreakable is a meta perk and it just lets you pick yourself up one time. Imagine built in unbreakable with multiple uses. That's insane.

That would be a MASSIVE buff to survivors, it would tilt their escape rates significantly- and as such yes, you have to give you can't just take it doesn't work that way; so what equally massive buff to killer would you be giving?

I got nothing against changes, but people who literally just think you can give one side everything they ever wanted and not do anything else are just dreaming.

• Firellius

How often do people actually get slugged on a gen, and not out in the open, away from any gens? Not to mention that if someone crawls away, you, as killer, now know where they're going.

And the only thing this would do is hinder hard slugging strats, easily circumvented by just playing the game as intended and hooking people.

Yeah, Tenacity would be strong. IF the killer allows it to be. Like so many other survivor perks.

But you know what? As a package deal, if tunnelling, camping and slugging all get addressed, I'd take a global 25% gen repair speed nerf.

• Firellius

No, they're not. All of these restrict gameplay, and if it were all DBD had to offer, it wouldn't live longer than a week. Thankfully, there's good and fair killers that offer the best the game can.

How're they gonna change aggro without the killer's intent? I've had loads of survivors try to pull me off of a downed target, but I just hook them first.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

One time I faced a swf who all had Soul Guard and they knew I was slugging for bleed outs so they left my Ruin up the whole trial because they could pick themselfs up and get the free hit. There's always a way out if you're enough of a mad lad. Not for them tho; I bled them all out. One self recovery at a time.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Its not griefing behavior, it is a simple strat that allows for extra time in the game for the killer.

Imagine if you had to pick up the survivor, but someone is trying to flashlight you the entire time, this is a perfect example on why faking it and starting another chase would be viable.

Hate it so bad? Well, lucky for you this game is not fair for killers and you have perks that give you extra lives, and a counter perk for this too.

• Firellius

Yes, hooking a survivor pulls up all the unhook perks. But what are the problem perks here? DS doesn't apply if you don't tunnel. BT doesn't apply if you're not hunting the hook. We'll Make It is solid, but it's just a heal. Camaraderie is never used. Deliverance practically never works due to its activation conditions and unless the team is on comms, it's quite likely to not make that big of an impact.

And I've never really had a problem with a survivor being unhookable from Badham Preschool Basement, or from anywhere else for that matter, but if that is an issue, the devs just have to put a hook down there.

But even if they didn't, that survivor is going to be stuck down there doing nothing for a very extended period of time. You always know where they are and you can easily pressure them into inactivity, possibly even making them bait their allies into picking them up.

• Firellius

What you are proposing is binary gameplay. Either all the survivors spend 4 minutes dead on the floor, or the killer gets nothing. Either outcome is absolutely garbage for gameplay, and if that gets pushed through and takes the spotlight, again, the game WILL die.

In all this talk about viability of tactics, you forget that the key goal of DBD is not to deliver some kind of eSports style competitive environment where only the top players are allowed to participate in unbelievably sweaty tournaments. DBD is supposed to be -fun-.

'If you're not tunnelling, why are you hooking'...

Seriously dude, go play a different game, you clearly don't understand DBD if this is your approach to it.

• Firellius

So if it's meant to be played for fun, explain to me why running matches as short as possible and with as little action as possible constitutes 'fun'.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Ahh this my friend is what the beauty of running unbreakable is 😉

I'm constantly left to bleed out, what's funny is a few times happened to be next to the hatch and the killers gone after the survivors that's left me there and hooked them... I my guy has just revived and I'm jumping down that hatch see you freaking later. 🤙

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Oh I've never been slugged twice after unbreakable 😂 I mean he had that opportunity but sodden, so it was a more fool him. The other survivor literally body blocked me so many times for me to get slugged so I just thought up yours and jumped the hatch. 😂 was convinced they were tryna get me killed in the first place.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

I'm not sure if this counts as necro bumping the thread but it looks like people already did that anyway, I'm pretty sure it's stated on the game rules that delaying the game on purpose can be a bannable offense, a couple of friends I know usually try to hide somewhere to die and bleed out while at the same time delaying the match just because the game wasn't how we wanted it to go. However even after looking at the playerbase according to steam charts; not counting console players, I don't think they'd ban that many players for doing this since they don't want to lose players. But hey now that the resident evil chapter is coming soon we'll see those numbers change.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

Have you ever went up against four Survivors with flashlights?

And no perks to combat the inevitable flashlight blinds?

Everytime you manage to get a decent down you pick them up and get blinded...

Yeah, it's not nice and very boring for me too.

I'm still grinding to get the Lightborn as a teachable perk. Hopefully, I can get it soon.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Theres only one time i intentionally let a survivor bleed out: if they are the last survivor alive, If there are no hooks around, I know I cant make it to a further hook without the survivor wiggling out, and i don't want to do that chase again. In this very specific case, sorry survivor, but your just gonna have to lay on the floor for four minutes

• Spy
    Spy Member Posts: 37

AH yes, rules. I forgot survivors had a book about them.

• TragicSolitude

Looking away and looking at walls works for you? Countering flashlights hasn't worked reliably for me since dedicated servers went live. I got tired of being blinded without even having the survivor in my field of view and now I just leave Lightborn on.

• TragicSolitude

Weird. I could counter them fine before dedicated servers, but after those went live I've always had issues. I don't have to be in an animation lock; I can look away immediately and put the survivor at my back and the blind still happens. When even facing walls isn't reliable, I just give up; I've shoved Lightborn on all my killers and haven't taken it off since.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

The one occasion that I'm referring to was in Haddonfield. It turned out to be a boring slugfest, as they kept on hanging around the open road area.

Luckily I've almost got Lightborn as a teachable, so I can make these few situations more fun for everyone involved.