Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Alright: Why is bugabuse not banable?

The Breakdown bug is the latest in a list of bugs and glitches that makes it (nearly) impossible for one side or the other to play a normal game.

Yet abusing it (especially swf bringing at least 2 breakdowns and often petrified oak) is, as usual, not banable.

Why are the devs so keen on encouraging scummy playstyles?

(Though bet you, if there was a bug that'd let you technically un- and rehook a survivor as killer sending them directly into 2nd state it'd be fixed overnight)

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

It is bannable. But not everyone views the forums or even any DBD media outside of the game itself. Some people might not recognise that Breakdown is bugged. It’s not like a Survivor is going to stand at the hook for three minutes to thing ‘oh it didn’t fix itself’, and even if they did they aren’t automatically gonna think ‘must be broken’.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

oh, some people have asked if it is reportable and were told 'no'

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

wait what? Hooks dont repair themself after breakdown?

Yeah, thats a bug i would expect them to fix as fast as possible '*slotting breakdown into my survivorbuild*

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2021

It is bannable but it doesnt mean you will automatically be banned for abusing it.

Take it as speed tickets, if you exceed top speed you may get fined or not, even if the cop stops you he may let you go with a warning instead of a fine.

P.D. I do believe exploit abusers should get at least a few hours ban as warnings.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

It appeared with the same patch as the pallettstun bug where the KILLER would SOMETIMES not get stunned.

Guess what they fixed of the two

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

I wonder why they have a news section. It shouldn't be that hard to make a short message "Don't use breakdown, otherwise we will take action" or just disable the perk as long as its bugged.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I can understand fixing the pallet bug first, because i expect that to happen nearly every game, while breakdown is not a much used perk.

However, it is a gamebreaking bug for killer, so disableing the perk should be the go-to mode.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,405

Or they could just disable that perk like they did with red forest. I dont understand why they dont do that.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I didn't even know it was bugged

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Because it is a survivor thing.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

None? Played a match against a nurse, I dropped the pallet on her face, got the stun points but she wasn't stuned, then I vault the pallet, run like 2 or 3 meters but she still hits me. First time ever I alt f4 in almost 5 years.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Breakdown is not bannable - people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.

Please don't report people for it.

This discussion has been closed.