Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Skillful Endgame Actions - Destroyed by New BT

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

It's Endgame - You are NOT camping (32m+ distance) because you want to play 'fair.'

Oh No! The survivor you recently hooked has been rescued!

-You ready up your Huntress hatchet and hit a perfect long ranged shot! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You cruise in from halfway across the map as Wraith, somehow dodge the bodyblocking, and hit the right survivor! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You manage to spear the survivor and reel them in just before they cross the line, chuckling alongside Deathslinger! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You chainsaw in with Hillbilly, actually making that crazy turn for once in your life and hit the rescued survivor! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You blink to the gate with the Nurse, going through the wall and making the perfect guess, hitting the survivor! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You phase in as Spirit, avoiding the bodyblocking teammate, guessing the correct positioning and landing a hit! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You hit the survivor with Plague's Corrupt Purge from the fountain you intentionally saved until endgame! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You portal in as Demo and land a Shred just as they reach the start of the Exit Gate! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You saved your power as Oni or just use your power as Blight, navigate the map, and land a hit before the survivor can escape! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You manage to snipe both the unhooked and rescuing survivors with Power of the Damned as Pyramid Head as they attempt to escape! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

-You catch up with Victor and hit the survivor as they attempt to leave! The survivor gets Deep Wounds and escapes.

gg ez - Should have tried to camp for kills :(

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Even if you are 32 meters away you may be able to catch up after the 12 seconds are over. Anyway in endgame camping does not matter. You can camp, tunnel, and no one will care at that point.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I agree, if it's EGC you need to camp the hook and defend it. I guess that's just extra true, now.

• Raccoon

Thank you for the replies so far :3

It seems that the general consensus so far is to just camp.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's EGC, any survivor who complains about camping in EGC is just on another level of entitled. Just camp the hook and grab anyone off that try's to get them.

• Raccoon
    edited April 2021

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

I am sorry if my topics about BT cause you distress in some way.

• Raccoon

With DS, at least, you can always opt to check for it/get it out of the way before EGC (assuming it is not the survivor's first hook).

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Blame basement bubba and all the spirits and hags that "walk away" to teleport / phase back the moment someone is saved.

• Raccoon

I have heard that holding M1 during the animation makes it work?

I don't know if this is true/reliable, but I've seen a few people mention it.

• Raccoon

I certainly appreciate you sharing how you feel, but your feelings on both the BT change and W/L conditions are certainly not universal.

• Raccoon

I agree with your end assessment for sure, but you're changing the quoted scenarios into something they are not (IE Deathslinger's Shot can cover 18m alone, you can hit both people with Corrupt [double hitting most likely will not occur at range] and the end result is still the same, you don't need to be within 32m to hit a long distance hatchet, underestimating the distance killers/survivors can cover in 12s, assuming the rescuer is still there/visible/viable target, etc).

• Raccoon
    edited April 2021

I don't think I said that a 4k is the only win condition, but I'll certainly re-read the thread to double check - To be honest, I win anytime I have fun or feel like I have had an impact on the trial in either role :)

No one said Deathslinger was that close to the hook, either, and I'm fairly certain the example I used stated that he was at such a distance that the survivor was speared immediately prior to exiting - Admittedly, I'm not sure on the exact math/distance that would require once you factor in reel time, as well.

If you add additional conditions to the scenarios I posted, then sure, every hit/use of power to try and prevent an escape is camping and not a 'mastermind-move.'

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

In all the situations mentioned the way it would currently work is you can get the unhooked person downed avoiding BT and then they'll dstrike you before leaving anyway.

If it's endgame you might as well camp nearby and focus on any rescuers instead.

• Kirkylad

Then you end up hitting them instead before they can unhook and then downing them after and replacing the hooked survivor.

• Raccoon

If you try to grab and it fails due to server response, you are stuck in the grab animation for a moment - If you then proceed to hit the rescuer mid/after unhook (depending on when you try to grab during the unhook animation/when you are frozen), the survivor with BT can tank the 2nd hit, leaving you with zero survivors on hook.

This is assuming the rescuer is healthy, of course.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,500

Honestly wonder how small his tr can get since slingers can use both his addons to. So far myers i think has smallest tr at 6 in tier 2. Literally he can facecamp by backing out of lunge range lol.

• Kirkylad

You're faster than the survivor with BT you just go around them and down the injured rescuer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

The Add-Ons reduce by 8 and 4 meters. So in theory, you should be at around 2 meters, but thats probably the same as camping with Insidious, since you will be super-slow when doing that (67,5% Movement Speed while aiming).

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I love how they turned a broken anti-tunneling perk into a broken pro-camping perk.