Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Will Haddonfield actually get nerfed in the graphics update?

Altarf
Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

No, this isn't another "BHVR are so survivor sided they will buff Haddonfield this is so sad" post - I don't think BHVR would choose to make Haddonfield stronger for survivors. (unless Almo decides to go all in on Haddonfield not having a high escape rate)

Halloween was DBD's first license - so, presumably, the licensing contract was a bit more tilted in favour of the license owners at the time. I believe this was said by the devs as to why Michael and Laurie don't really get any cosmetics. Like how Freddy and Quentin don't get any because of the poor contract with New Line Cinema or whoever owns the remake license.

This could explain why Myers hasn't received any power changes, like, at all - changing him too much isn't allowed. And the second most iconic thing about the chapter is Haddonfield. Think about it - Haddonfield is actually very accurate to the film, and so doing too many layout or tile changes might not be possible under the contract. Of course, this is just speculation - if someone could give a reason why this isn't a thing I'd be very relieved. Don't want the great walls of Haddonfield to survive.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Correction, will haddonfield get removed for its graphics update?

Besides that, hopefully they do something about the countless walls and windows on that map

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Okay lets see.

The Game: Before Rework - Killersided. After Rework - Survivorsided.

Haddonfield: Before Rework - Survivorsided. After Rework - ?????.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I like Haddonfield. Just hope its nicer graphically. So what if there's some maps that are bias towards survivors and some towards killers.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Yeah, but BHVR are clearly on better terms with the Saw licensers, and have a better, more fluid contract. Not only was BHVR more competent at getting licenses after, what, four previous bits of licensed content, but Pig and Tapp got cosmetics. A few, actually. The question is whether the rigidness of the Halloween contract will translate over to the Haddonfield rework.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

we still have god houses. Good survivor will loop the killer for a long time

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

How 'bout turning all those vault points on the fences into breakable vaults? It's exactly as survivor-sided to begin with, but after the killer's smashed some stuff apart, it becomes far less loopable. But only, and I can't stress this enough, if it is REMOVING vault spots from the map, not adding extras to it. Breakable walls are only good when they are an exchange for the killer's time by shutting down a strong survivor loop. When there are breakable walls that actually reward survivors for the killer breaking them, that's a failure of the map design.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Yes, please ignore Ormond. Which totally did not get a lot better for Killer at all.

Let alone that The Game never was killersided in the first place. Actual Killersided Maps like Shelter Woods on the other hand are as terrible as they always were.

Dont worry, Haddonfield will most likely be better for Killer after the Rework.