Blatant exploiting (Breakdown) needs to be bannable

Options
JR000
JR000 Member Posts: 25

I'm gonna be straight to the point, you need to make an announcement that running Breakdown is a bannable offense until you fix it as you did when Legion mend addons were bugged. The perk right now is bugged and hooks are down for the entire game. Went against a full swf and 2k'd against them on a match where I was dumpstering them, would've been a guaranteed 4k if I could hook people and he didn't get hatch, but I physically couldn't actually hook them anymore, half the map was pretty much completely safe because they were basically immune because of the 9 hooks I had previously, I didn't notice it until the first guy was dead and when I went to hook him if I didn't have agitation it would've probably been at most a 1k because of how many hooks were gone already. They had soul guard and I decided to bring Third Seal as a meme and I payed the price for it, picked the next guy I could find and slugged him to death. Seriously make it a bannable offense, I have seen maybe 3-4 people ever run that perk before this bug and now I get them every other game, it's not all of a sudden meta, it's bull #########. Please don't pull another Wake Up and let people get away with blatant exploiting over a month+ for free.

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

They should really put up a warning. I imagine people don't use it often because of it being a bad perk and don't know about it being bugged.

It's a shame I was thinking about using it breakdown untill people told me it was bugged.

(Seriously please fix it so I can use it)

• nowuseeme007
    nowuseeme007 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Breakdown isn’t acting up for me and I just tried it. I have a console.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

This probably explains some of my games where half of the map has no hooks and I never really thought about why lmao

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286
    Options

bump to keep this alive

• jakesotto
    jakesotto Member Posts: 201
    Options

I just had the same experience, there was literally no hook on the map except basement

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

If a bug is this game breaking something definitely needs to be done about it.

• A_Vaulting_Nurse
    A_Vaulting_Nurse Member Posts: 34
    Options

I have the same problem as killer, people are abusing Breakdown.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I don't care what mods say, it's an exploit so I report any players running it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Afaik they didn't ban people for the bugged Sloppy Butcher and Tinkerer on The Wraith? Legion's exploit was deliberate and obvious, using Wake-up or Breakdown can be incidental by fans of those perks. I remember being accused of exploits when I ran Wake-up during the bugged window and had no idea there was an issue with it. I used it alongside NOLB, Hope, and that other end-game perk so it was obvious yet still got hatemail.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

That’s what I said about Yui after Lucky Break’s buff lol

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

Honestly I just thought I was going crazy. Glad to see someone else talking about the bug.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable

Huh,why would he mention the pallet stun thing?

It's not like you could abuse it on purpose.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,642
    Options

you actually can; it's all a matter of timing when you lunge. it's not that difficult to do so if you learn the timings.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Really?

Hmm,i just play the game normally and sometimes i just get stunned and sometimes not.

Weird

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

yeah, as freddy and wraith im really consistent with it actually lol

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Exploit is exploit and just because its a perk and not a add on, doesnt mean it shouldnt be bannable. It should be disabled and if not they SHOULD ban for it, no matter if its a perk, addon, cosmetic or whatever. You do it to gain a unfair advantage.

Sure there are some people who doesnt know about it and just want to use it (happened to me with the speed nurse) and thats why they should just disable it entirely or atleast make a message ingame.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Allow me to direct your eyes here:

Edit: Because I know someone will come here like "defending an exploit cause it's for a survivor so entitled"- it still has to be fixed ASAP and I completely agree it should be disabled until they can get a fix for it, however that's probably why it's not being banned for.

I would like to highlight:

it still has to be fixed ASAP and I completely agree it should be disabled until they can get a fix for it

So, I literally agreed with what you just said, in which case, why bother to comment?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

What if this is an unannounced buff? When was the last time a survivor wiggled free in your matches? Hooks are way too close together and I would love it if Breakdown caused permanent damage.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185
    Options

I respect the developers' decision not to ban anyone, and I do not feel that anyone should receive a ban for using Breakdown as they may not be aware of the glitch. However, it really would be best to disable the perk until the developers can fix it. As people continue talking about the glitch, the number of players using Breakdown will only increase, which may become quite problematic. 

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Feh, let them run it. I'll just bring back the old slugging builds to compensate - then we'll see who gets the last laugh.

Knock Out and Deer Stalker anybody?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

I know one thing for sure, respawning hooks makes it too easy. They even respawn very quickly when saboed. Killers need to have a reason to use iron grasp.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

I know, i just wanted to say what i think about it.

I mean, isnt that for what the forums exists?

Sorry if it sounded like i were disagreeing with you or anything like that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited April 2021
    Options

Survivors need to have a reason to use Breakout, Flip-Flop, etc

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

How gamebreaking are we talking?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

I now understand why so many of the survivors I matched with today suddenly had No Mither.

Also: this is a good example of an instance where you should be able to report someone. Just because it isn't always possible to know that someone's exploiting a bug on purpose, that doesn't mean it isn't ever possible to know. Four people who show up with Breakdown and run to the same corner like that are clearly doing it on purpose.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    edited April 2021
    Options

Mhm, this is where reporting should actually be necessary. Unfortunately, they were all on console (except one) and I was on PC so I don't think I could have gotten them punished. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can try reporting console players next time something like this happens.

I made a big mistake by not reporting them.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318
    Options

This is my fault for wishing Breakdown got a buff. BHVR went and took it too far, and now all hell broke loose.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

I have no issues with it. Hooks are 5-10 meters away from each other. And it can only get rid of a max of 12 out of like 40.

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434
    Options

No.

They will not ban survivor.

It will be something like break down tech not a bug.

This discussion has been closed.