Can't hook some people

So it seems some survivors have a way of exploiting I don't know what, maybe lag or whatever so u can't hook them. Ur locked in animation with the hook bar full but u cannot hang them, the progress will be reset and you can try again and again and u won't be able to hook em. I know this is an exploit because I mocked 2 ppl about the survivor nerfs and told them to adapt so they did this to me the next game and it was only those 2 ppl. This happened to me several times now.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Devs from every game should hire DbD Survivors to find exploits in their games.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Orion said:
    Devs from every game should hire DbD Survivors to find exploits in their games.

Yeah no, I don't want those ingrates having jobs that are fun for them, this would totally ruin DBD for me.

Survivors can't adapt to the nerfs so they exploit, that shouldn't be rewarded.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    It happened to me too, but this person really didnt know why it happened. Had to walk into my own trap to break the whole thing and drop her, tried several times. 
    Thought it was a bug and not an exploit, but it sure sounds like it from what you say.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AmorePrincess said:
    It happened to me too, but this person really didnt know why it happened. Had to walk into my own trap to break the whole thing and drop her, tried several times. 
    Thought it was a bug and not an exploit, but it sure sounds like it from what you say.

An exploit is just a bug that's being (ab)used to the player's benefit.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

An exploit is just a bug that's being (ab)used to the player's benefit.

Yeah, I know, I just didnt think people actually knew how to make it happen. I have seen many bugs in dbd being exploited, but this hook thing, I just thought was a random connection bug. :)
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I think they're doing something similar to lagswitching, just had the guy who I couldn't hook DC on my shoulder probably was not on purpose but because he timed out too long.