How would you change Deathslinger?

I enjoy playing him as he is very fun. We all know he is more than great in the chase but his map pressure is lacking because you have to be well in his TR to get caught and he is 110. I am not by any means saying he needs a buff just wonder what changes the community would make to give him more map pressure (can include nerfing his chase).

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I probably wouldn’t. I’d make his terror radius start up a bit louder though

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

i would make it so he cant cancel it when hes dragging in a survivor once the bar reaches 80%. ive had so many times where the harpoon was literally 99% and he cancelled it by just swinging. it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the stun after the chain breaks

• 20_Henry
    20_Henry Member Posts: 25

I really like the 115% idea when not reloaded. Might even need a slightly larger TR as an initiative to 110 as intended by the devs. I think they should also add the slowdown after ADS, it would not only make him feel fairer but would punish you for not thinking ahead.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Here is my not-really-thought-out-much idea:

-115% movement speed basekit

-Can fire his gun at any non-broken/occupied hook to reel himself toward it at high speed

-Whenever he fires his gun, regardless of whether he connects or not, his movement speed DROPS to 105% for a period of time until it gradually returns to 115% (aiming down the sights again or reloading your gun will pause that timer).

-The amount of time spent at 105% is inversely proportional to how long he spent aiming down the sights (i.e. the longer he spends aiming down the sights, the less time he spends at 105%); firing the gun again will either reset the current timer or set it to the new timer, whichever is longer.

• 20_Henry
    20_Henry Member Posts: 25

Reeling towards stuff would be very fun. I think if his post ADS penalty was added and he could pull himself towards gens and hooks that would be fine.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

The thing with M2 is a two-edged sword, though:

Sure, you have a lot of people that don't know how to play him who abuse it. But those that actually can play won't 'spam' it, but only lower the gun again because they can't get a good shot in. punishing them for the incompetence of others isn't fair. Cause it's not really comparable to PH.

Things I'd change would be

• Bar him from M&A

Everything else can be solved with dynamic map generation, which would make the game fairer for everyone in general, and which the game should be capable of

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,372

There's really nothing about him that needs to be changed.

There's no way you can do this, because the game will never know if you M1 to cancel the power or M1 for the hit.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

.5 sec aim in time, 1 sec wind down time. Prevents easy aim spamming for zoning.

Secondary rechargeable ability that allows him to see the aura of all survivors outside his Terror Radius for a short period before being able to shoot a harpoon through wall to deal a health state, potentially downing survivors.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

just give him a larger terror radius. for the love of god.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

I’d give him better addons and more that improve his strengths rather than decrease his weakness

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I'd make him more like Demo. As in, identical charge time. And identical aim.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Give him a crosshair and remove the reload time.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Simple.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
  • FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Overall I don't think he needs any changes. However I will say that I wouldn't hate it if MrDardon's changes happened.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Tough one. What makes him so strong in chase is also what makes him so fun to play. I really wouldn't want any of it changed but I accept that his map pressure is abysmal and if you increased his movement speed he would be broken. Increased movement speed whilst redeemer isn't loaded would be pretty sweet though, as suggested above.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited April 2021

Changes I would make:

Monitor & Abuse is 25% and 25% decrease and increase to terror radius instead of a flat 8 and 8

Either walking backwards while reeling no longer takes away all control from the survivor or make him have to aim for half a second before firing but increase his move speed a bit while aiming.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I dunno - I enjoyed my time on him and look forward to returning to him when I catch up my other killers.

About the only thing I've wished he could do was just reel in a little faster. the reload time never bothered me given how he can pull people to him - but he loses so much time from misses and his slower speed. I feel like that if I could reel in just a little faster, I could make up for lost time.

Problem with that idea though, is I realize the chain would need to break faster to compensate. And I'm not sure I like that idea - because I was starting to understand how to manipulate his ability around certain loops when I managed to connect a shot.

The ADS spam does feel a little cheap and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it adjusted.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited April 2021

I've said so many times what would make him more fair on both ends.

1. Remove the exploit on reeling;
    2. Remove instant ADS and have a cooldown on it so he can't just repeatedly fake it for a free M1 and there can be some counterplay;
    3. Make his TR actually consistent with the fact he's not meant to be a damn stealth killer;
    4. Fix Deep Wounds so that it doesn't go down in chase in addition to the running stipulation so that your screen doesn't go completely black when playing well;
    5. Increase max possible range if these changed went through so that good deathslingers can go for insane trickshots while it's not totally unfair/oppressive;
    6. Increased movement speed while ADS if the changes from 2 go through.