Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Trickster's the new darling of scumbags

Normally there's a mix of what kind of people play killer. There are even nice bubbas. but trickster? i dunno about you, but i have yet to see 1 (ONE) tricksterplayer that would not be scummy. Just one.

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

In fairness if there losing that hard why would they play fair. They don't even get emblem points for chaser with there power XD.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

WDYM scummy? its kinda vague. I do thinkk that trickster with pierce and either bouncing for the basement or the usb for normal hooks might be like the 3rd best facecamper behind Bubba and PH

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

I played only against two trickster. One gave up and the other tried to defend his one hook in the egc but everyone got out.

But what does scummy even mean?

• Progamer888
    Progamer888 Member Posts: 230

Ah yes then the hate was deserved, how it's allowed for the killer to sacrifice survivor

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

you oughta know me better, mate.

It means consistently mocking survivors. Slugging and letting people bleed out (even bubba at least hooks people), playing even more sweaty when someone DCs etc. basically stuff you'd expect on LoL or fortnite

• Zarathos
    edited April 2021

Point still stands the trickster still does so poorly no wonder the killer resorts to cheap tactic's thanks for the heads up. Look at the history of weak killer's and ask how many were known as camping tunneling killers a large majority of them tended to be weaker killers because and it needs to be stressed the more lost the game seems the more likely a killer will camp or tunnel. Because no matter what you might say about what's fair a killer will generally take whatever path is needed to win. Because they want to win the game. Now if you want to talk about changing up the hook system to limit this stuff and promote hooking multiple survivor's, I'm all ears but as of now killers rely on these strategies as a last resort should the game be going poorly.

• MeltingPenguins
    edited April 2021

The argument is massively faulty:

It's a game. You are not going to lose any vital organs or loved ones if you don't win (even though that's exactly the ridiculous mentality so many streamers and fogwhisperers push. People oughta to some severe soulsearching).

So playing like that is a choice because people have to pamper their egos, nothing else. And with trickster I see it so commonly that the matches are full of the cheapest tactics. And the less said about the chat the better. Gods, these people are obnoxious. Really, again, with bubba and freddy you get your people that play fair and challenging and have an honest gg and sometimes helpful hints. trickster? mockery and even obviously false claims that they are on the devs team/related to a dev and that they'll ban us if we complain... AS IF ANYONE WOULD BELIEVE THAT.

Yeah, i mean he had to fight the entire Gop and fox news staff for that.

• Profezia
    Profezia Member Posts: 673

if trickster is not hooking survivors, he's doing you a huge favour

• Zarathos

Continuous defeat invokes a negative reaction in players and builds a general irritable mood in the player. So when they win after a large dose of loss after loss they (wrongfully) take out there resentment on others and act like sore winners. I'm not arguing its acceptable I'm explaining its existence because often understanding where someone's crappy attitude is coming from is often the best way of inspiring others to do better. Make no mistake this is the capital G gaming attitude.

• MeltingPenguins
    edited April 2021

Still faulty:

People know Trickster is not a well designed killer. Everything about him screams makeshift for the sake of getting kpop fans to buy the game to presetn good sales numbers for the quarter.

He is a killer that should not exist, hands down. Everything about this chapter could have been done with a themed perk&cosmetic pack, without bringing in new characters.

So, people know they are playing with broken equipment and cheat to get a win in and then claim it's fair because... the equipment is broken? Like, again, if its only the aesthetics that appeal to someone, they might be better off playing something else... Persona or Yakuza maybe. (yes, i know those are japanese while trickster is korean. But the aethetics are similar, and if people only care for that....)

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited April 2021

Trickster is so weak the "scummy" ones are probably desperately trying to secure atleast one kill per match.

He's basically the hard mode if killers (along with nurse)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

You have to camp with him to win thats why. hes trash tier

• MeltingPenguins

'trying to secure on kill'... we are not talking about 4 gens popping before the first survivors down, scenarios.

we are talking 'hook survivors one by one after slugging' or 'go directly for the slug and let people bleed out, only patroling in case someone has unbreakable'

The latter I have seen in 5 matches against trickster already. Five.

I haven't seen this 5 times with bubba even.

This isn't 'trying to get at least one kill'

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

I played against a trickster who blocked the door of the basement where 1 was hooked, and he'd just knife the people trying to get in. I saw this through kindred, because I'm not falling for that #########

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited April 2021

Honestly I've only seen a handful of tricksters since his release, and most of them completely give up at some point because they only get 1 down by the time the 5th generator is done.

I've seen one or two face camp their one and only hook, bjt it's been during egc which a lot of killers do.

If survivors are allowing trickster to slug multiple people than there have been SEVERAL critical mistakes made.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

People who play the Sadistic killer are trying to get a rise out of survivors?

Next you'll tell me people who play stealth killers want to scare survivors.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Well they are just tired of being bullied every game, they have probably gone insane and do anything for a kill.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I don't blame trickster players, He is soo weak. That often people do what they have to do. I know what you mean. But I get that he is underpowered in a way no other killer is, so people will resort to what ever tactics necessary. But I could say the same thing about the twins. Since I hate how most twins users play, but at the same time I understand that is how she is played most effectively.

• MeltingPenguins

You, my friend, ought to do some soulsearching as to why you wrote that post and find this way of thinking/behavior alright. URGENTLY

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2021

Normally I would agree with you, I was seeing nothing but cheap, obnoxiously-behaving (teabagging, standing there hitting you with knives during the sacrifice animation, teabagging, needlessly rude trash chat, etc.) Trickster players ever since he debuted (which, sadly for me, is exactly when I began playing the game).

But a few days ago I was in a match with the Trickster that lasted a legit half hour. Not because we all sucked, but because we were all, from what I could tell, evenly matched. It was the best match I've ever had. Total cat and mouse, total back and forth, lots of evasion and teamwork, getting caught, escaping, etc etc etc. It was a masterpiece of a match. Literally everything I hoped this game would be.

The second half was down to one other survivor and myself. By the end the Trickster player got both of us down. He got Claudette up and let her escape through the gate, just raising his arm to begin some knife throw practice on the way out. She got it, and obliged him. Then it was down to me. I laid there watching, knowing that this guy was cool. He nodded to me during a previous chase. Sure enough, he picked me up and carried me to the hatch. After a half hour of back and forth the guy apparently respected our ability to survive well enough that he decided to let us go.

Granted, this has DEFINITELY been the exception for me, not the rule, but it happened. Half an hour of an active, intense, back and forth game, and at the end he had us both down yet chose to let us both go. I respect the hell out of that. The guy made my day and showed me just how fun this game can really be. I sent him a friend request immediately, if even just as a thank-you gesture and repayment of his respect.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

yea, it’s really strange. I haven’t gone against 1 trickerster that hasn’t tried to slug the whole team, just because. i understand the killer isn’t that great, but the fixes made him a lot better. so it’s surprising that it’s EVERY SINGLE ONE playing this way.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I had this Trickster body block this David King in corner for entire match. Pretty sure he went AFK after trapping David there. David King only had 400 BP, barely did anything before getting cornered.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

100% true, but this is still an interesting discussion on how ALL of them are currently playing this way.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

The twins are god tier compared to Trickster. I was one of the first people to say Twins is no where near as bad as people say. The Trickster? He is ass beyond belief. The buffs they gave him don't even make him more tolerable on Console, they would basically need to have two versions of this killer because he just cannot do well with that recoil....imagine if SMG's in an actual shooter played like this, the devs who worked on gun balance would be fired for giving the game PS2 style gun controls.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Are you saying that if someone DCs I have to play less well? Cause that's literally a Samination joke, dude.

• Vatekanore
    Vatekanore Member Posts: 15

I mean, he is literally the worst killer in the game by far, he's easily outdone even by Clown

No lethality, no pressure, no mobility, no slowdown, he, in the very literal sense of the word, is useless

They have to tryhard if they wanna have any chance of getting a single kill, of course they will sound scummy

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This argument is faulty to me because it implies that players should not be trying to win by any means necessary (barring any actual breaking of the rules), lest they be looked down upon for doing so.

• MeltingPenguins

counterquestion:

What does it say about you as a person if you are that obsessed with a win in a game that you act like this?

You know, that kind of thinking actually IS a sign of an addiction.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

It's Trickster, the weakest killer in game. Even weaker than old Clown. How else are you supposed to play with him? He's literally punished for using his power.

• MeltingPenguins
    edited April 2021

No. because then you would know not to cheat. you'd challenge yourself to your best abilities, take the wins, take the losses, and don't go act as if your sheer existence demands you get to win.

huh... where have i heard this mentality of 'we exist therefore it is unthinkable we'd ever lose' before....

How about... not play him at all? Thus show the devs that 'nope, back to the drawing board'

What is it with you people trying to make excuses for this kind of despicable mentality...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Who said anything about cheating? I explicitly said "barring any actual breaking of the rules."

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Recoil still bad on PC trust me, from a far distance. But yeah the Trickster is very underpowered the twins are decent. But I hate how a lot of twins user play her. They hit you and send Victor, and get you down, and some will slug for 1 or even 3 more downs. That is how a lot of twins I gone up against play. Which is boring for me.

• Killerdonut80
    Killerdonut80 Member Posts: 87

Nice killers, lol, that’s funny. Also your post makes zero sense.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,032

Closing this thread. Please remember to keep your discussions respectful and civil, as well as thoughts on other players.

This discussion has been closed.