are devs going to address comms yet?

Lord_Tony
Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

getting tired of devs not addressing comms and pretending they don't make the game heavily unbalanced.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

no, theyve done the exact opposite with the small game + open handed changes. it's big sadge

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

There isnt any way they can control it or monitor it so it can't be done. They have used coms on their own streams with one another as well so no I don't think it will ever be addressed

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

What exactly you want them to do? Lmfao

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

They don't need to.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

So how exactly they could adress it?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Asking the developers to do something about an external program that doesnt affect the game's archives is absurd, is literally imposible.

• Lord_Tony

monitor all the 4 player SWF squads and assume they have comms

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

They have already addressed comms: They have an official Discord server that can be used for SWFs.

I rarely SWF and even when I do - don't use comms probably half that time.

As a killer I have no issues with SWFs or comms - then again I prefer more of a challenge and not easy wins against 4 random people who run around like chickens with their heads cut off lol.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

They are fine with third-party-communication. I never heard that a dev said that it is too strong. Maybe they work on it in the background like with colorblind, but who knows.

• Lord_Tony

then when are they admitting swf is OP

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

I know I'm just echoing what everyone else has said, but even if you forced dead by daylight to be the ONLY open program (which you can't) people can still use their phones, secondary computers, and I don't doubt radios eventually (crazier has happened). Good luck regulating people's personal computers legally.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Git gud and stop blaming your losses on SWF.

Really, it would be nice if players would actually accept that they are most likely the reason why they lost and not SWF or any game mechanics.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Suuuure...

Thats illegal in all of the UE and probably (dont know since im not from those countries) in Canada, USA, England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea and probably most developed and developing countries.

Im sure BHVR is going to get into a legal mess of such proportions just because some of their playerbase see premades everywhere...

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

If you're hoping they'll do anything besides either continuing as they've already done or shifting what is balanced around (the "buff solos and killers" approach), you're looking at eternal disappointment. Because no other option will ever happen.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405