Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

what perks are on the verge of being meta but arent quite yet and how would you make them meta

title

Comments

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Surveillance, it was immensely stronger back when it would keep completely empty gens highlighted white

Ruin, Discordance and Old Surveillance was the ultimate gen information combo

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Some hot takes with things I doubt will happen as well

Monstrous shrine

-Slight increase to percentage and affect all hooks

Crowd control

-make it not a hex

Remember me

- increase time

Diversion

-increase range

Distortion

-add a couple more tokens

Slippery meat

-increase likelihood of escape a lot but add mending requirement from self unhook with it

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

MoM.

It went from god perk to meme perk. I have actually been running it lately and its not very practical ... you have to really go out of your way to get the 3 protection hits which means you are not helping your team towards the objective. It also gives players an incentive to not heal their team mates since that is one way to take a protection hit.

I thinking changing the conditions to MoM will bring it back to meta but not god tier. Maybe somethings like:

- one protection hit.

- spend 120 sec on gens.

- safe unhook

- heal one health state

Conditions that show you are doing objectives and being a team player... more then just running up to the killer when they pick up a survivor and getting smacked :P

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Surge- decreasing or eliminating the cooldown and doing extra damage would make it meta.

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

For the People.

I think it’s great, and you deserve a negative effect, but it’s not Meta. If they could let it trigger by remaining in a fixed radius of an injured survivor, instead of need to physically be touching them (heal) and of course, you are button prompted to do so (in case you don’t want to use your power on someone or you know they are built to be a stronger survivor when injured)...then I think it would be meta.

Id like to chase a injured survivor, probably getting tunneled or on death hook, and heal them just by chasing for a lil bit. Then lead the killer away since im now the more vulnerable person. If they remain tunneled vision, then at least I have that survivor a fighting chance.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Surveillance - Add a loud noise notification when a generator stops regressing and you're set.

Oppression - Reduce the cooldown.

Thrilling Tremors - Ehhhhh

Deathbound - Have it apply on self-heals too.

Trail of Torment - Have it apply for a while after a generator stops regressing or remove the generator highlight.

Dead Man's Switch - Have it so that all generators that aren't being worked on are blocked as well, and kick survivors off of generators that are being worked on.

Surge - Remove the cooldown, expand the radius, and have it apply for non-M1 downs for discount ruin.

Rancor - Reveal the obsession's aura at the endgame.

Coulrophobia - Have it linger for a while after leaving the terror radius.

Cruel Limits - Jack up the period of time for which the windows are blocked, maybe a minute. Give survivors a severe hindered effect after completing generators, made more severe if the generator was within the killer's terror radius when it was completed.

Hangman's Trick - please just have it do something I want to love this guy so bad

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

Inner Strength - add tokens, let heals stack

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Killer perks since I'm a Killer main

A Nurse's Calling- Very strong aura reading perk, works well with a lot of other perks and some addons.

Blood Echo- It practically negates Exhaustion perks when used correctly.

Dark Devotion- Confuses even experienced players, personally my favorite Obsession perk

Dead Man's Switch- Pretty good gen protection when paired with Nemesis or Furtive Chase, if it had a smaller block time added for non-Obsession hooks it'd be really good.

Discordance- Find 2 Survivors and prevent the fastest way to finish gens

(Not really close, but Hex: Blood Favor would be great if i had its range doubled and its cooldown decreased OR taken away. It's a Hex for crying out loud, it should be really strong)

Make Your Choice- Its right on the edge of becoming meta, a great anti-camping perk and repeated Exposure. Maybe it could be applied multiple times at once?

Starstruck- Increase time of Exposure after leaving TR or dropping a body

Surge- Decrease cooldown and/or increase immediate Progression penalty

Whispers- Best tracking perk in the game, make the audio directional?

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited April 2021

We'll make it- Now also increases unhooked survivors healing speed on others by 100% for 15/20/30 seconds.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

No mither - start the game healthy apply broken if you or someone tries to heal you.

• jacrispy_dbd
    jacrispy_dbd Member Posts: 23

Diversion. Me throw rock. Killer get confused. *insert troll face*

• jacrispy_dbd
    jacrispy_dbd Member Posts: 23

Also no mother guys trust me haha. Us killer mains have such a hard time when you guys run that op perk. You can pick yourself up unlimited times and make less noise?? So OP

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Distortion if it had unlimited tokens.

• piggygooik
    piggygooik Member Posts: 576

i really like your slippery meat buff its kinda like a high risk high reword delivberence

• piggygooik
    piggygooik Member Posts: 576

i like the idea but they would have to nerf so it cant be reused

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Yeah I think it would make Slippery meat actually useful and make the gameplay interesting for it

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Soul gaurd. Maybe just a little bit of recovery boost although not as much as unbreakable

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Autodidact - fun to use, but so very difficult to get good use with. I'd just add an increase chance to get a skill check while healing.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Make Your Choice is already solid, so if it didn't have a cooldown, you'd be seeing it a lot more.

You could probably get more use out of it than NOED, you just gotta not camp close by, you can still camp from far away.