Nerf Doctor Addons

Options
EnviouSLAY
EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

I was just held hostage in yet another match against the doctor for well over 20 minutes. The doctor's addons make him ridiculous to play against. His kit is not fun to play against what so ever..the fact a doctor can shock you from two jungle gyms away to completely have full control and not even need to touch the gens is just broken. I would love to see some reworks soon for him...again. It's just annoying at this point that I have to contemplate disconnecting from the game anytime I see a doctor because there is a chance it is a sadistic killer main who likes to just slug people down and leave them and just make sure no gens are done and the game drags on for well over the standard play time a match of DBD should go on for..either nerf doctor or make it so if a match hits a certain point everyone loses.

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
    powerbats said:

@HellDescent said:
    Yeah let's nerf one of the weakest killers in the game....

The only change he really needs is for it not to be able to go through floors/ceilings cough Gideons cough.

Ive never had that happen, playing as or against the doctor. To me even being one step up negated all shock therapy on anyone below or above. Unless you mean his terror radius application?
  • preetygoodforumsofar
    Options

i hate doc bc how "fun"it is to play against

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Most issues you state can be done with most if not all Killers.
    And you seem to only have a problem with Interview Tape, which isn't a valid reason at all.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

How did his addons hold you hostage. Didn't know addons could bodyblock you into a corner hmm...

Does going against Doctor suck/is it annoying? Yeah.
    Is it unbeatable? Nope.

Ping pong between gens/split up if multiple survivors, even with distressing/unnerving/overcharge he still needs to travel.
    Don't let yourself leave 3 gens close together, that's just handing them a long, drawn out game that they'll likely win. That's 100% on you/your team to avoid.
    Even with his longest range addon he can't get you off gens that easily if you make sure the last gens are spaced out properly.
    If he slugs you, well... you'll bleed out eventually and he'll end up depipping off the match with few bloodpoints. Just make sure you crawl away from gens/other survivors so he needs to decide between sticking close to you to ensure you stay down, or protecting gens. It will either give others a chance to get the gen or get you up.

Just because he's annoying, doesn't mean he's too strong/needs a nerf. I absolutely HATE going against doctor but it's silly to blame the killer for your mistakes.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options
    Good survivors will wear down my 3 gen strat eventually, even if there are only 2-3 left by this point (which there should be!)

You hit them, they try to pull you off gens by running away from the 3 gens.  If you stay on gens, they justheal, which draws out the game.

Survivors healing holds the game hostage because I have hit them so many times at this point I am BP capped in the "hit" category lol!

Healing should be nerfed when I play doctor because it holds the game hostage and is annoying for me.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245
    Options

Disconnecting is your first solution?

Maybe you struggled because he locates you because you're screaming? Get the perk "Calm Spirit" to tier 3, equip it and never find the doctor an issue again.

Or maybe he's a problem in chases? That's true. Shock therapy prevents you from interacting with anything for 2.5 seconds; pretty scary.

Although, the addon that increases the distance of shock therapy also increases the charge time, making shock therapy virtually useless in chases. It's good at keeping survs at level 3 madness, but it's easily countered. Run away and sit in a corner for a few seconds. After madness is healed, go get the gen farthest from him. Oh, you didn't finish the map's inner gens first? Oops. aaaand he's running nurse's calling?? Better luck next time.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Nerf one of the weakest killers in the game, we need a substitute for freddy anyway
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Doctor is extremely weak on low ranks.
    By any means he should be buffed in nearly every aspect.
    Getting out of insanity needs to be harder and insanity should be more punishing.
    The static aura then should be less punishing.

• NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Doc is relying on his add ons and yet you want to nerf them, bcs you guys did messed up with the gens yourself? Oookay.. makes sense. ^^
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    Weren't you the guy that complained that LF's Claudette mask is racist? 
    He actually is lol. I just checked his discussions that he made, and it was on there. I guess I’m not really that surprised to see a thread like this from him.

Master said:
    Nerf one of the weakest killers in the game, we need a substitute for freddy anyway
    No, anyone but Doc. Make someone else be Freddy’s substitute (I’m pretty sure Leatherface could fit that position so well in his current state). 
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

I ######### up... I actually need to strategize and not close my eyes and play the game therefore nerf it.

Nice logic.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i know its frustrating to lose against one of the worst killers ingame, but coming here on the forum, complaining and asking for nerfs wont help you in that point.
    this will only draw even more attention on the fact, that you have lost against one of the weakest killers this game has to offer, plus you achieve nothing but that people smirk when they see your threat.

• EnviouSLAY
    Options

@Mister_xD said:
    i know its frustrating to lose against one of the worst killers ingame, but coming here on the forum, complaining and asking for nerfs wont help you in that point.
    this will only draw even more attention on the fact, that you have lost against one of the weakest killers this game has to offer, plus you achieve nothing but that people smirk when they see your threat.

I mean you have a point; but I'm just voicing my opinion. btw didn't lose that match :) just spent over 20 minutes trying to escape..and did..but that's the point no one should be in a game for that long and his addons allow this to happen. point blank period

• EnviouSLAY
    Options

@yeet said:
    your fault, don't 3 gen yourselves

its not a 3 gen when he can shock the majority of the maps with certain addons :) but thank you for your input!

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@EnviouSLAY said:

@yeet said:
    your fault, don't 3 gen yourselves

its not a 3 gen when he can shock the majority of the maps with certain addons :) but thank you for your input!

on no map can he shock over 50% of the map

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Could you 0please refrain from calling this taking the game hostage?
    Because what you described wasn't even close.
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    edited November 2018
    Options

@EnviouSLAY said:
    I was just held hostage in yet another match against the doctor for well over 20 minutes. The doctor's addons make him ridiculous to play against. His kit is not fun to play against what so ever..the fact a doctor can shock you from two jungle gyms away to completely have full control and not even need to touch the gens is just broken. I would love to see some reworks soon for him...again. It's just annoying at this point that I have to contemplate disconnecting from the game anytime I see a doctor because there is a chance it is a sadistic killer main who likes to just slug people down and leave them and just make sure no gens are done and the game drags on for well over the standard play time a match of DBD should go on for..either nerf doctor or make it so if a match hits a certain point everyone loses.

Yes, nerf a addon dependent killer's addons. Gonna make him really useful.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Tsulan said:

if it mildly inconveniences me it's holding the game hostage

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    yeet said:

@Tsulan said:

if it mildly inconveniences me it's holding the game hostage

A few months ago we had another entitled streamer who claimed that the killer was taking the game hostage. Providing video proof of a doctor doing 3 gen and how the swf team wouldn't leave the match after 60 minutes. Even after they finally repaired the gens.

That streamer didn't get the resonance he/she was hoping for.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Really I've played doc and the best he can do is keep you off the bloody gates with madness if there close togeather here's the trick don't just run like mad in tier 3 if you need to get the gates done take the hook and while being carried other guy opens the gate simple counter but nooooooo you go for one gate only when having both hit the gates at the same times means a doc cannot hold the game because they have to make one mad and by the time they do it the other gates open