Perk Idea: HEX: APOCALYPSE

Options
darlazon
darlazon Member Posts: 64
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Hex: Apocalype

The timer for the endgame collapse begins immediately when the last generator is finished, and the timer is reduced by 25/40/55 percent

Post edited by darlazon on

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

Yes.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

*muffled absolute destiny apocalypse playing in the background*

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

I like it just happen like that no need for it to be a perk so when the last gen done survivor will get the bad word out right away

• darlazon
    darlazon Member Posts: 64
    Options

That is true... But then, if they cleanse either NOED or Apocalypse, it wouldn't be so bad, and they're likely to do so since there are 2 hex totems on the map and those get cleansed very quickly when I play killer

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

As long as Wake Up becomes basekit with a buff to 300% faster gate opening speed, then I'm all for this new Hex perk.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Why not just go a step further, and just have a hex that spawns all four survivors on the hook?

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

It's a hex that 90% of time will get cleansed and leave killer with 3 perks for most of game 2 if they run noed. It would shake things up a bit and maybe make wake up used more. I like to win my games during the match so I wouldn't use it but to overly exaggerate over a hex/totem seems odd.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Take of remember me and put BW and it's worse ya probably not a great idea now that i think of it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

You wouldn't even need NoED.

End Game Clock is 2 minutes as long as no survivors are down.

Reduced by 55% and it's 54 seconds

No Way Out lasts 42 seconds

That gives survivors exactly 12 seconds to open the exit gates if they haven't cleansed this totem. Time to open the exit gate? 20 seconds. Time to open the exit gate with wake up: 17 seconds.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

I don't like the time reducing effect, but the rest is fine.

not sure why it's a hex... is it glowing the entire match doing nothing?

because in that case... yeah, keep the time reduction, but maybe 25% should be the max

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited April 2021
    Options

That's not really fair in this situation I don't think. Especially in solo queue, this would be basically an auto-win for a competent killer if the totem isn't cleansed.

The EGC timer with no one hooked is 2 minutes, so a 55% reduction in the duration drops that to 54 seconds. Remember Me adds up to 16 seconds to opening times to get up to 36 seconds total. No Way Out prevents gates from being opened for up to 42 seconds. That's already 78 seconds. Even in an ideal situation where the killer goes AFK and you're standing right next to an exit gate and wasted absolutely zero time opening it and running out, it'd probably take around 81 seconds to make it out the door.

If the totem stays up, that means that a killer would be able to get an almost guaranteed 4k by hooking each survivor once and sacrificing the obsession before the last gen pops (assuming as least three hits along the way, which should be easy). Even if the killer didn't sacrifice the obsession in time, they could still get the almost-auto-4k by chasing them during the EGC to prevent them from opening the gate. The only things that could potentially save survivors in this situation would be keys. Even stacking perks wouldn't be enough. For example, Leader, Wake Up, Resilience, and Spine Chill together would increase opening speed by 55%, which would save about 13 seconds on an exit gate with four Remember Me stacks. That still only gets you down to ~68 seconds, so you're still dead.

NOED already exists to punish survivors who don't cleanse totems, and while it's strong, it can at least be countered both before and after it procs and still requires the killer to play the game. There's no need to give the killer an almost guaranteed 4k if survivors don't cleanse a totem before finishing all of the gens.

Edit: updated math, I'm dumb

Edit 2: Now that I mention it, let's ignore Remember Me. The fastest possible gate opening would be that same 55% boost, but that only saves about 7 seconds on a 20 second gate. 42 seconds from No Way Out + ~13 seconds on the gate + ~3 seconds for you to run out the door gives ~58 seconds. That's still less than the 54 second timer. So, hooking each survivor once is an auto 4k, assuming 1) no keys, 2) the hex isn't cleansed before the last gen pops, and 3) there's no survivor on the hook when the EGC starts (because that slows down the timer). RIP.