Playing against A SWF running Ayrun's "Infinite Head-On/Flashlight Stun" Build

Options
ChiSoxFan11
ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

So, I had what might be the easiest daily there is to get, the Dream Chaser with Freddy one (basically, all four people fall asleep and you're finished with it, lol). I played a Freddy round -- and I ran into a full-on 4-person SWF running essentially what is Ayrun's Head-On/Flashlight Stun build (or their tweaked version of it).

We were all Red Ranks (the end screen showed a Rank 1 and three Rank 2 survivors -- I'm currenty Rank 3). They started on gens at the beginning of the match, but it quickly turned into a "How many times can we bully this killer" round. I try to play around flashlights as much as possible, and I figured out quickly that multiple survivors were running Head-On (paired with Q&Q), but it still didn't keep me from getting hit with stuns from both numerous times. I decided to mostly slug from the beginning, but at some point needed (or wanted) to try and get some hooks, so that led to some of those stuns.

I don't know if they were 100% memeing or 100% trying to bully someone (or maybe a bit of both -- they were working generators at the very beginning of the match, so who knows for sure). I mentioned in my video that what's "fun" for them certainly would not have been very much "fun" for whoever they were playing against, though it was a challenge for certain and actually one of my most entertaining matches I've had (if frustrating at times -- I played sloppy at times, but eventually got the 4K with 0 gens done,1 bleed out). The entirety of the match was continually slugging, trying to avoid the flashlights and locker stuns, and continual chasing (they had 3 Unbreakables, or I would have had two chances to end the game sooner).

Here's the match if anyone wants to have a laugh at the complete chaos it was for everyone -- I would have loved to have heard the match from one of their perspectives. All of the players were cross-platform, but if any of them are on the forum, GG and WP to you all -- it was ... interesting, lol. 😅

Comments

• n0suchluck
    n0suchluck Member Posts: 35
    Options

I've played against a similar swf. It's terrible. Especially if you're a rank 10 killer like me. Its matches like this that make me not want to ever play killer again. I realized within 2 minutes of the match that I wasn't the killer. They were...

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

same.... yellow rank killer myself and if I play at night I get at least 2 of these high rank squads. I just take the dc penalty now and move on.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156
    Options

I ######### love matches like these. Everyone's messing around, people aren't really focused on gens, and it's just a battle of who can meme the most. Games like these honestly brighten my day

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

So they didn't bother to do gens and just wanted to troll for the entire game.

Sad thing is that the way survivor emblems work they would have got a pip anyway for playing like this.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

Honey that's just Friday night for me. My solution? Bait out lockers and bring Iron Maiden. I also play Pig so they don't necessarily have the time to just idle around in lockers, they need to get out to get their traps off.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    edited April 2021
    Options

If it becomes obvious their memeing with me and im really being outplayed that much i just think "eventually ill get the advantage and still win ill just look like a idiot doing so" lol. Mostly i play around lockers if i know headons in play. Flashlights i try to bait the pickup. Its fun though imo.

• n0suchluck
    Options

I agree with what you said. In my experience with these types, they are hitting gens also. I think in OPs video they weren't hitting the gens because he started slugging. Which in turn started the snowball/chaos. And kudos to the OP. He played it better than I could've.

My experience was similar except when I was coming up to gen being worked on, one survivor would run into a nearby locker before I got there. The other would stay on gen baiting me to chase and lead me to the locker and stun and then flashlights and ugh... it sucked. They had 3 gens done in a few minutes and I think I injured 2 survivors yet they stunned me like 5 times with lockers and flashlights.

There's humbling losses in this game and then there's bullying. Humbling losses I learn from. These types of games are the ones that make me take a break from it

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Love games like this. Way more fun than stealth squads.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I love matches like this one. Because they never tried escape or repair gens. They were trying meme builds and they knew gonna lose game. So i dont know why you were keep saying 0 gen done, noone doing gen. They never wanted do gen lol

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374
    Options

I'm going to have to agree, these games are actually so fun. You're almost never doing nothing, and they're trying to have fun even though they'll probably depip.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited April 2021
    Options

Definitely more interesting than a gen smash squad I'll give them that.

Also I'm salivating at the thought of Lord Tony playing against this

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

I will say, it's hard to tell "intent" sometimes. When I play The Pig (who is my killer of choice more often than not), it's usually pretty easy to see who's in it for the memes, since they'll be booing the snoot, lol. In this game, the first down I got prompted me to bait the flashlight save (which two people immediately rushed in for), and that was when the fun started. The first Head-On I ate wasn't a big deal, but once I realized multiple people were running it, I knew what their team build was, but without being able to talk with any of them afterwards, I still don't know how seriously they were trying to play it. They were working on gens, at least a little at the beginning, but they abandoned that once people started going down and it was a game of Whack-a-Mole at that point.

I've played against the flashlight groups, the sabo squads, etc., so I was at least prepared to somewhat handle it. I would have felt terrible for a yellow/green ranked killer who faced them, though. Would they have gotten their stuns in, had some fun, then let themselves die at the very end to a newbie killer, or would they have pounded out the gens at some point and teabagged at the exit? Hard to know, but it was pretty clear that they must run this build on a regular basis, because they were very good at communicating who to pick up, when to get into a locker and where, and how to get into the right spot for the flashlight saves when they needed to.

Again, it was a fun (if annoying at time, lol) match. If I run into this type of squad again, even though I got the 4K, I still learned some lessons on how to play it better the next time.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

If killer would be Lord Tony, there would be new topic from him:

"Flashlights so op. SWF using them. Killers cant fight against SWF and with flashlights that is nightmare."

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

To be fair, there's no way to know for certain if they intially planned to do gens or not. Right before I got my first down, there was definitely someone working on a gen (who missed a skill check when I was busting the breakable wall and was right outside). There was almost never a point in the match where I didn't have one, if not multiple people, downed, putting pressure on the whole team, so that wouldn't have been the ideal moment to work on a generator, lol.

If I had been a new killer who didn't want to be part of their meme game and had wandered off into a corner, would they have followed or just done their gens and left? Not sure, though at one point -- when I wondered aloud if someone was AFK -- looking back, that was someone locker spamming to try and get my attention, so I'm thinking that they would have been determined at some point to get the most out of their build, whether or not they had a killer willing to "play along".

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

I wonder how they did pip wise, with all of the bold points they got for interacting with me. The Rank 1 definitely didn't depip -- I don't know if any of the Rank 2's were a Rank 1 beforehand or not.

• Aneurysm
    Options

Ironically given the amount of pure flashlight activity doubt they got much in the way of lightbringer :p

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

They were clearly memeing and just having fun, it’s obvious from their plays

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

Lol -- you're probably right. Followed by a Sluzzy post saying a match like this shows why Freddy is horribly OP. 🤣

That said, somewhere in there I think I mentioned that I don't worry about flashlights in a lobby -- 4 med-kits, though, are a different story. Flashlights can be countered. I remember hearing OhTofu saying pretty much the same thing -- when you know everyone is racing for a flashlight save, no one is working on gens.

• n0suchluck
    Options

Like I said in another reply, you played it very well. Your recognition of what they were doing and ability to adapt was incredible. Tbh, its groups like these that make me not want to rank up too high. I love the challenge of playing killer and I love learning from good survivors but this, to me, is not fun. Again I tip my cap to you handling them very well and getting the 4k

• Aneurysm
    edited April 2021
    Options

I want to see a Tony v Sluzzy showdown. Winner gets to join the balance team

• ChiSoxFan11
    Options

That would be like the Alien vs. Predator movie tagline: "Whoever wins, we all lose." 🤣

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

I played against a group like this, luckily I was nurse so they got clapped. I also shook my head at them when they jumped in the lockers sinec I knew what they were trying to do. They did not like that.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I do like having this kind of matches from time to time, I usually have a good laugh, especially if they are full meme.

The best match of this kind was once I got a team like this and I was playing Scratched Myers on old The Game, we all got carried by the meme magic.