A Buff to Decisive Strike

Hey guys. I want to talk about a problem in DBD. It has to do with the perk Decisive Strike.

Currently when we look at perks, we see that some perks get more attention then the others.
Survivors almost always run perks like Borrowed Time and Surveillance as you can see in the Graph below.

But when it comes to Decisive Strike, not many people run this perk as you can see above (PS4 statistics), it's because the skill check is hard to hit and when you miss it, you have no more perk. This is stupid of course. Why would you run a perk that you won't have? It's the point that you always get it, so why punish (ps4) players for missing it, of which some suffer from a worse fps.

Decisive strike's skill check should go slower and when you miss it, it should still activate or the stun time should be longer.

Thanks.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited November 2018

@GT_Legend2 said:
    damn SWFs with surveillance

You caught that too?

@GT_Legend2 DS doesn't need a buff but either a nerf or a change that is fair to both sides.

Also Surveillance is a killer perk in case you added that by mistake.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Um...
    What?

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Nice b8 m8

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

And now we wait for a fish to bite.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Just a question: where did you find PS4 perk statistics?

About Decisive Strike, a few people want it buffed, a lot ask for a nerf or a reform: I suggest you to read https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/30297/decisive-strike-possible-changes-reworks :)

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    On an individual basis the rate may not be that high, but survivors are a 4 man team. With killers facing an average of 16 perks, one of those is usually Ds. 
  • powerbats

@DemonDaddy said:
    On an individual basis the rate may not be that high, but survivors are a 4 man team. With killers facing an average of 16 perks, one of those is usually Ds. 

16 perks that're usually all pretty close to the same, SC, SB and then UE/AD/DH so they're not facing 16 perks per se.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    powerbats said:

@DemonDaddy said:

16 perks that're usually all pretty close to the same, SC, SB and then UE/AD/DH so they're not facing 16 perks per se.

True, god forbid somebody goes outside the meta builds. My point was that 1/16 is still a high chance especially with the level of perk favoritism our community has.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Nice b8 m8 I r8 8 outta 8
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Or just make decisive strike kill the killer. SiMpLe Ez
    pz leMONe SquEEzY.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited November 2018

Main reason the PS4 Statistics say DS is less used is because of how badly the game runs on console.
    Have you ever tried to hit an Overcharge + Unnerving skill check on PC? It's just as big as, if not smaller, than the base Great Skill Check zone.
    Overcharge alone, without Unnerving, is nearly impossible to land on console.
    I know Decisive has a bigger zone but when it comes to console it's much harder to land skill checks in general.
    Why? Because DBD on console runs so terribly, averaging 30fps, dropping below that even into the 10fps territory. This makes skill checks harder and sometimes they can be made completely impossible.
    On top of that, console has an input delay on button presses due to the wireless controllers. It's small enough that you almost won't notice it but it could make a difference in some cases.
    And add on top of all that, how ridiculously buggy the console version of the game is. I've seen videos where console players land their Decisive Strike skill check and nothing happens - the perk is consumed and they don't get dropped off the shoulder at all. No lag, nothing.
    That being said, it's actually more worthwhile to use a perk that actually works and gives something than a perk that's impossible to land and doesn't work when it is landed.

So yes, Decisive Strike is less used on console. That doesn't mean it needs to be buffed, it means the console version of Dead by Daylight needs to be fixed.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Hardy Har Har!

• powerbats

@Global said:
    pz leMONe SquEEzY.

That's epic.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Is this a joke? Lol
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

gotta be careful with the baits

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Global said:

pz leMONe SquEEzY.

I agree. Let's take DS, make the skill check take up the entire circle, and it kills the killer, and the survivor becomes the killer.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

good post op i rate 10/10

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    It’s easy to hit on PS4.😂
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    Hey guys. I want to talk about a problem in DBD. It has to do with the perk Decisive Strike.

Currently when we look at perks, we see that some perks get more attention then the others.
    Survivors almost always run perks like Borrowed Time and Surveillance as you can see in the Graph below.

But when it comes to Decisive Strike, not many people run this perk as you can see above (PS4 statistics), it's because the skill check is hard to hit and when you miss it, you have no more perk. This is stupid of course. Why would you run a perk that you won't have? It's the point that you always get it, so why punish (ps4) players for missing it, of which some suffer from a worse fps.

Decisive strike's skill check should go slower and when you miss it, it should still activate or the stun time should be longer.

Thanks.

ps4 lol. everyone on pc or tons of people uses this perk. its gives you a get out of jail free card for what making a mistake. thats why they plan to nerf it. it punishes the killer for doing their job! stun time should be longer yeah thats a no. survivor is easy mode. this post is just stupid. the devs see this i bet they would laugh at it and be like hell no. lol. so because of low fps you think this deserves a buff. get out of here

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    powerbats said:

@GT_Legend2 said:
    damn SWFs with surveillance

You caught that too?

@GT_Legend2 DS doesn't need a buff but either a nerf or a change that is fair to both sides.

Also Surveillance is a killer perk in case you added that by mistake.

I stopped readying when be said it's a survivor perk 0 to 1 hour player right there
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

It's amazing how people don't seem to get that he is trolling.
    It's pretty obvious really.

1) their is no such thing as a perk usage statistic for console (or pc for that matter) the dev always combine both console and pc statistic, and say statistic are only released during dev stream and aren't accesible in any other way to players

2) surveillance is a killer perk

I know their is a lot of stupid ######### being posted every day but this post is obviously a joke

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2018

1) their is no such thing as a perk usage statistic for console (or pc for that matter) the dev always combine both console and pc statistic, and say statistic are only released during dev stream and aren't accesible in any other way to players

I know their is a lot of stupid ######### being posted every day but this post is obviously a joke

Did you see his other post about Surveillance suddenly being used by a lot of Killers? He has got to be making up these graphs and statistics.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Dragonredking said:

Did you see his other post about Surveillance suddenly being used by a lot of Killers? He has got to be making up these graphs and statistics.

Yes and that why it's obvious that he is trolling.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

How do I unlock surveillance for survivor? Also we should also get multiple ds every time when killer picks up a survivor. Maybe we can cripple the killer every times he gets hit with ds which depletes his health bar? When it gets reduced to zero the entity consumes the killer. And pebbles should kill on impact.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i cant believe i actually clicked on the bait...

on the other hand, i like to leave comments saying that a threat so ridiculous like this one has to be bait, so here we go!

BAIT!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

And now we wait for a fish to bite.

Nooooooo, I took the bait!!!!
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

Thanks.

nice joke, I have never seen anyone run surveillance in my life, but ds needs a nerf the perk is annoying and I truely hate talking about it too

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Thanks.

Lol GTFO says survivors run surveillance please let me know when you're not rank 20 anymore.
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Thanks.

ps4 lol. everyone on pc or tons of people uses this perk. its gives you a get out of jail free card for what making a mistake. thats why they plan to nerf it. it punishes the killer for doing their job! stun time should be longer yeah thats a no. survivor is easy mode. this post is just stupid. the devs see this i bet they would laugh at it and be like hell no. lol. so because of low fps you think this deserves a buff. get out of here

You fell for this? So how many of your teammates run surveillance? Or did you miss that part....
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Thanks.

Yeah Deja Vu is ridiculously overused too you should add that to ur chart. I see every survivor In all my killer/survivor games using it. Buff DS and nerf Deja Vu.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@dannyfrog87 said:

Thanks.

He's joking u potato.