J flick is not a tech, but is in every way an exploit.

2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It took me like, 3 weeks of suffering because once Survivors know, they'll stay in lockers to prevent you from getting it.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Well youre lucky, when you go against a blight, and in my experience 50% are using this exploit now that it's more well known, there's nothing you can do, unless they make a mistake, you're hit.

• pennythewise
    pennythewise Member Posts: 48

Lol and i agree that using comms is considered cheating and using stretched is considered an exploit.

• MochelMyersWetcave
    MochelMyersWetcave Member Posts: 27

I can't.

You ONLY need high dpi to pull that off and NO other settings + it has counters.

Don't hug loops, go wide when you know Blight j flicks, be unpredictable and don't camp pallets/windows.

I faced j flicking Blights before but i never lost due a j flick more due their "hehe i take 3 slowdowns plus Tinkerer on one of the strongest Killer in the Game and call it a day" mindset.

But yeah those filthy high dpi cheater. I'm also one (i play with 5000) but i have no benefit from that because i main Myers :(.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

She was low rank so that was probably the advantage she has, I think after rank reset she got it

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

The devs made it possible to do flicks too. Your point?

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

The devs didn't intentionally allow it though and have said it's unintentional. On the other hand swf and coms are intentional otherwise it wouldn't be in the discord server as mentioned above.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

So is CJ tech intentional. Nah then lets remove that. Flicks just raise the skillcap and make the killers more intresting and I really dont get what he means by you have to hange settings. I change no setting and still always use flicks on Oni and Blight.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

There's a difference between a normal flick and doing a 180 degrees flick. You do have to change your settings for a 180 flick and its unintended.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I decided to double check my opinion on Blight and switched up my sensitivity settings to enable myself to flick for a trial. Wound up on Gas Heaven, agasint a pretty chill team. One girl was doing bones, a Nancy and a Jake just wanted to loop me. They couldn't even try in the maze tiles, and only barely managed in Shack (I'm a bit rusty).

Got me pretty good at the centre tiles, though, because I wanted to play them with my power. They never even had to drop a pallet. Til I started 180ing them around the cars and junk tiles, 90°ing them in the shop and one of those dump truck tiles. Fair, balanced gameplay. Let's have a killer who removes their own counterplay with a simple exploit. And whose attack box is wide enough that a Blight with half a brain can't really be juked.

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222
    edited March 2021
  • SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

SWF, yes, comms, LOL no. Sorry to break that to you. It's a huge advantage in a game that is balanced around no comms. But devs know they can't do anything about it. Can't remove SWF either because it'd kill the game basically even though it existing kills the game anyways. It's just much, much, much slower this way.

• BangBang
    BangBang Member Posts: 154

What about voice comms?

DBD doesn't have in-game voice comms, shouldn't it be prohibited because SWFs are taking advantage of external tools?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

And that's the problem is the turning cap isn't working so someone with a keyboard and mouse can easily do that by mistake if they play on high sensitivity, if you play blight with 100 sensitivity you've probably j flicked without realizing it

• bad_clown_main
    bad_clown_main Member Posts: 31

heh just like the breakdown exploit.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I thought the devs already said that this is unintentional, is basically a glitch that's being exploited, and is going to be removed.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,685

"In order to j flick you have to deliberately change a bunch of settings in order to be able to do it, it cannot be normally done."

The above statement is completely false. Some people always have their mouse set to a high DPI, and they literally don't need to do anything special to flick. It doesn't require macros, it doesn't require changing your mouse settings in game, and it doesn't require any other wacky special requirement. It's literally just moving your mouse at a high DPI, and for some people it's literally something that can normally be done.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

As a J Flicking Blight main, you guys seriously need to chill. The chance of seeing one in your matches is once in a blue moon and it takes skill to pull off. It took me 6 months of straight playing Blight to master it and it's easy to counter if you see it coming by sidestepping. I scrim against competitive teams all the time and I can say for a fact J Flicking doesn't grant you an easy win if you know how to do it, the player needs to be good with Blight and comfortable in his power. You all really want another Billy situation where you get a killer who's fun, has a high skill cap and powerful ONLY in the right hands to get gutted. I literally don't understand y'all lmao. OP got their first J Flicking Blight ever and got rolled then came to the forums to complain lol.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

The devs already said it’s gonna get fixed soon.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Psh...

Tell that to people that're exploiting the Breakdown bug as WE speak..

Aswel with Stretch Res..

And window techs..

But let's go after a killer that has said "Exploit" people call it. which only a Pc. dpi changing mouse blight / oni can do, and rarely seen in a public game,

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

we're all literally telling these people stretched res and breakdown is an exploit. theyre just not listening, neither are the j-flickers.

But let's go after a killer that has said "Exploit" people call it. which only a Pc. dpi changing mouse blight / oni can do, and rarely seen in a public game,

People call it an exploit because it's an exploit. The fact it's PC only makes it even worse. It's in almost all of my games facing a Blight. Treat every exploit equally because they're all exploits.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

I have yet to face said blights that attempt to j-flick..

In-fact.. i haven't faced a blight in god knows how long.

i versed more Pheads than any other killer. (Shockingly.)

But we gotta keep in mind people on the forums don't listen,

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Question. I have a pretty good idea but just so im on the same page. What does j flick mean? Is it where you crank up your sensitivity so you can rush as blight, turn your mouse and hit someone around a corner?

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,232

Can we stop necroing month old threads where the discussion has already been done to death, please.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Do you acknowledge that it's an exploit regardless of how you feel about it

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited April 2021

Basically yeah.

You use a gaming mouse that has a DPI toggle button, you set the DPI to whatever you want it to be in your software (3200 is the usual minimum, though 8000+ tends to work for most) for the toggle button, and then you go to DBD as Blight, lethal rush, hold the DPI toggle button while moving your camera left or right depending on which way you want to flick, and once your cam is pointed to that direction to the max (which is pretty quick btw), you swing while holding left or right. You can do this at walls to hit survivors at spots you normally can't hit them through.

I don't support the usage of this exploit, but I don't mind Blights using it either. Personally I do pretty well as Blight without it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Okay. Ty. I really really hate it when oni dashing does stuff like that.