Potato Teammates Everywhere!!!!

What is with people in red ranks of late playing like they are rank 20 survivors. Every single match its Hex Ruin and everyone spends a million years looking for ruin and constant sandbagging. Nothing ever gets done.

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

best post today !

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

Why so serious?

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Usually they are boosted animals who are a product of the bad ranking system.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

I'm not pissed about it or anything. Just curious as to why they are so awful.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Pipping / ranking up is HIDEOUSLY easy as survivor - that's why. There's literally red rank players with like one week of dbd experience. Therefore they'll perform like potatoes regardless of their ranks. I've seen people literally cleanse totems when I'm clearly dominating as killer just so they can get some emblem points and possibly secure their safety pip or even +pip.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,999
    edited November 2019

I'll admit red ranks have been full of mediocre players for a long time, but, generally, 1 actually good player is enough to carry 3 potatoes....

• CrowFoxy

Yes if the potatoes do gens the survs basically win for free if it isn't a top tier killer.

• GhostofYharnam

Thats the problem. They won't even do the gens. They run if they hear terror radius and if an injured person shows up they run.

• GhostofYharnam

I feel you. Usually after an event or double bp, I take a week break or so then get back to it.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Dud I just had a freaking mate in solo Q who was using no mither. He got downed within the first 20 seconds of the game. Unhooked, and right away downed again in 10 seconds. He suicided on his 2nd hook and cooked us with 5 gens and ruin still up. Like ffs, why do you pick no mither in solo Q? And why tf do you even pick no mither when you clearly suck?

Rrrrgh, solo Q is so frustating, mainly because of stupid morons in your team

• GhostofYharnam

Bro i hate people who use it wrong. why use it when you dont even have anything good with it? Ive seen people use self care and inner strength with it.

• Phox
    Phox Member Posts: 206

The rank 20’s are legitimately better teammates than some of these red rank survivors. I can’t believe how often I’ve been going into struggle on first hook. No one is even doing gens half the time anymore, just a bunch of boosted apes. The solo experience is the worst I’ve seen it since I started playing last year.

• GhostofYharnam

Yea it used to be fun mixed with the right amount of fear and tension. Now i fear my teammates more than the killer.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Its impossible to not rank up as survivor so as long as potatoes play or get carried by their swf they end up in r1.

• I’ve gotten to red ranks a couple seasons in a row and I hated it, but tbh I feel like I don’t belong there. Once I’m there I get demolished a lot and I feel like the others probably hate me cause I’m nowhere as good as some of them. It’s not like I want to be in red ranks, but I try my hardest every match, but I also want to have fun and not take it so seriously. I feel like in higher ranks, everyone wants you to play a set way and if you don’t then you suck. Sometimes I experiment with fun builds and I get messages relating to my awful setup. Because of my setup I’m the cause of the team’s loss. In lower ranks that doesn’t happen. It’s amazing how many hate messages I get in higher ranks than in lower ranks. I rarely get any in lower ranks. I wish it wasn’t so easy to pip up because I don’t want to be above green. It’s not fun anymore.

• CrowFoxy

I had a good guy Billy slug me when I had NM, after I'd been unhooked. I still love that Billy.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Half the time I’m running away from survivors than the killer. 😱

• GhostofYharnam

I don't care what people run. I just want people to try. Its annoying to have an urban evading Claudette with a key doing nothing til hatch spawns and leaving everyone to die. As long as the team tries then i don't mind. I prefer the green ranks myself. Seems where the most fun can be had. Red Ranks can be to much sometimes.

• GhostofYharnam
    edited November 2019

Lmao i had a match where i was slugged by Ghostface with nm and proceeded to loop him for 3 gens.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

I feel your pain. The potatoes were out in full force yesterday for me.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

Hey, survivors at low ranks aren't all that bad. I started playing solo survivor again after many months for the event and archives, from rank 20. To my surprise there are many good people hanging out on low ranks right now.

Had a rank 19 match with a rank 19 level 12 (according to lobby) Feng Min. Tombstone Myers with Ruin, only 3 survivors as one had a DC right after loading in. All five gens got done, no-one looked for Ruin (was not cleansed), I did two gens with that Min and she didn't miss a single Ruin skill check (or didn't get any ...). I escaped with Min, other survivor got tombstoned unfortunately.

Match at rank 18 against Trapper, also running Ruin. Trapper had some serious tunnel vision on me. Eventually he did catch me, but by that time my fellow teammates had powered through all five gens, again with Ruin still up.

The more I rank up the more often I get terrible teammates. Self-care for ages (Sloppy ...) at the edge of the map where they have nowhere to run to when the killer finds them, run like headless chicken around the edge of the map instead of picking me up when I'm slugged, fully recovered, and the killer is clearly chasing someone else in a different part of the map, and many run from the gen as soon as they hear the faintest heartbeat ...

Occasionally the matchmaking throws me into lobbies with higher ranked teammates. A group of all-purple survivors got completely demolished by a rank 14 Trapper who wasn't even that good. I'm not really motivated to rank further up when I see how they play there. To be fair, I've had some good teammates of higher rank, but I can't complain about the current experience on low ranks.

That's what happens when the ranking system mainly measures your monthly playtime, I guess.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

This is why playing solo sucks and is why I often quit this game for days/weeks but come back anyway. It's just frustrating seeing your 3 teammates do absolutely nothing while you get chased for decent amount of time. Enough to finish at least 2-3 gens. When I see 3 auras running around after I get downed I just kill myself on hook, I know it's gonna be a terrible match and I just can't be bothered playing with such teammates.

• aprils4kids
    aprils4kids Member Posts: 38

Not sure how this is because I have played and very well for months and can't get past level 10. We are surviving longer than level 3-8 even in games.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Not even potatoes more like spuds.

I got in a match with a rank 19, 16, 16 and I’m a rank 2. 🥺