Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mettle of man should only require two hits

Ilovezarina5
Ilovezarina5 Member Posts: 149
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This perk is so hard to activate, I understand why they made it to take three hits before but now it doesnt make Sense.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

It definitely needs some kind of a buff but activation on 2 protection hits would be waaaaay too strong.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

2 hits is too easy to get, it's just gonna become a worse version of old MoM... which would still be old MoM

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

You only get Endurance while injured. With Mettle of Man at least. It's in the perk's description.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Honestly, if they keep the downside and don't mess around with protection hits, that's a perfectly acceptable change.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I use Mettle of Man on my David, paired with WGLF, DH, and Babysitter, and it works out okay. It's not a perk you'll get value from every game, but it is fun to use when the time arises. It's also good practice for taking protection hits, which is another thing.

I think MoM is alright, but it could definitely use some love. I was thinking about removing the aura reveal, add a deep wound from getting hit with Endurance, and an additional effect relating to being the obsession (like revealing the Killer's aura to your allies when you get hit or something)

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

2 hit would be so easy to activate and overpowered.

I have no problem with 3 hit. Its one of my most used perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

Now that instaheals aren't in the game, I do think it needs to be reverted back to 2 protection hits. Maybe just maybe SWF would be able to abuse it, but it's kind of like new DS now where you have to almost throw the game to get use out of it. Getting off gens and stuff just to take protection hits is not something you just do and hope to get away with in that match.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Maybe have it a token system where it activates when you have three tokens. Then add unhooks and healing others as ways to get tokens.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

Maybe they could increase the number to 4 or 5 but make it so you only get stacks for fully healing a survivor, safely unhooking, protection hits and flashlight/pallet saves. That way the perk rewards altruism but isnt easy to activate

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Yes i agree, and noed should be active from the very start and should not be a hex totem.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

taking 2 hits is way too easy. MoM needs a rework but this... this ain't it

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Personally, I think it needs to be reworked instead. No matter how you slice it, the ability to tank a hit like that can never really be balanced. It’ll always be either too difficult to get and therefore useless, like it is right now. Or it would be too easy to get and it would be overpowered like old Mettle of Man. I think your idea would fall closer on the latter side of things.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

People in this thread don't realize how much time survivors waste to go out of their way to take 2 protection hits, never mind 3...then heal up as well so playing in the sweat fest that is Rank 1 against Killers like Spirit, Nurse etc...who can gain a lot of map pressure, it doesn't make sense for me to go and try to take protection hits while someone is being carried etc..just to get a stack on a perk that can stop me from going down once in a game. I'd have to waste quite a bit of time doing that which in the long run of the game will make us lose.

If it was dropped to 2 hits it would be more balanced and you know if the protection hit actually worked...which 50/50 chance without someone being carried you take a hit next to a survivor you generally don't get the protection hit in my experience.

Actually you know what, since Ash has the perks for the whole dying state like Flip-flop, Buckle Up. With a Mettle of Man rework, give me a stack for getting someone off the ground whos being slugged and that way you can have another way to earn a stack but keep it at 3.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Nah, we already had it broken like that at one point, no need to go back to that mess.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Maybe they should increase it to 4 or even 5 but include safe unhooks as well.

• DerpyPlayz

People in this thread don't realize how much time survivors waste to go out of their way to take 2 protection hits, never mind 3...

If you are playing the game correctly, taking protection hits does not take any time really unless you go out of your way for them OR you are recklessly doing it for no good reason.

In fact, in the case of someone being hooked and saving them from going down via a protection hit you gain alot more time as now they have to restart an entire hit to hit you or the player you protected, and that should be enough time to get to a pallet or window.

then heal up as well so playing in the sweat fest that is Rank 1 against Killers like Spirit, Nurse etc...who can gain a lot of map pressure,

Nurse is the only killer in the game that has incredibly oppressive play, as Spirit for example is still a M1 killer and her ability is a gamble considering its just a big mind-game. And of which, you still have to be incredibly good with Nurse for her to even become viable as if you aren't you likely won't kill anyone due to her major skill gap.

it doesn't make sense for me to go and try to take protection hits while someone is being carried etc..just to get a stack on a perk that can stop me from going down once in a game. I'd have to waste quite a bit of time doing that which in the long run of the game will make us lose.

As said before, if you are smart it might be. Lets set the stage.

If you took that protection hit to stop the killer from hooking the person and in turn it worked, then you didn't lose anything from that situation even without this perk. This perk is only a clutch as a backup incentive to play more smartly and in the case you were smart but stuff just didn't work out you are rewarded with a stack and potential a extra life. Which is a major issue buffing it because we already have plenty of clutch perks, and survivors have plenty of lives as it is during a match.

If it was dropped to 2 hits it would be more balanced and you know if the protection hit actually worked...which 50/50 chance without someone being carried you take a hit next to a survivor you generally don't get the protection hit in my experience.

No it wouldn't, that would make it much closer to the old version in which it took a basic attack instead, with the difference being now people will spam protection hits at opportune moments just to farm extra lives. This perk was nerfed significantly for the fact that it rewards you for actions you should not be rewarded for, and compliments actions that already can be significantly rewarding.

Actually you know what, since Ash has the perks for the whole dying state like Flip-flop, Buckle Up. With a Mettle of Man rework, give me a stack for getting someone off the ground whos being slugged and that way you can have another way to earn a stack but keep it at 3.

This is the dumbest idea possible, this would make it stronger then the original perk when it was not nerfed; as now you could never slug in any situation without not only allowing survivors to pick up they're teammate, but now also potentially gaining a free life in the process.

WE DO NOT NEED to give survivors extra lives, they already have control of the game, other ways of getting multiple lives via they're other perks and addons, the choice of what map the killer is playing, ect.

Imagine how long the que times would be if these insane ideas were added, there would be EVEN LESS killers then what there already is.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Exactly bro, the majority of games players don't even get a single protection hit score. You have to actively be looking to get them, and even if you try hard to get them, you often still miss out on them because protection hits are finicky things.

The few times I've SUCCESSFULLY run MoM I've had to work my @$$!^;## off to get the 3 hits, and it basically ended up throwing the game. It's been a while since I've run the perk (since I only had it on Switch) but I honestly don't recall ever winning any of the games where I got MoM to activate.

People don't think about how MoM is:

- Time wasted off of objectives (a LOT of time wasted- you basically have to follow people getting chased around to farm hits)

- THREE different heals (a minimum of 48 seconds, not counting all the time it takes to run away and find a heal if you didn't bring a purple med kit with good add ons)

Old MoM was broken because you basically got it activated simply by existing in the gameplay and participating in normal game play. EVERYONE could take it and activate it for free. With current MoM, it would be virtually impossible for more than one or two survivors to activate it once per trial. I can't even imagine a game where you get it to work twice with one survivor.

I truly don't think that cutting it down to two protection hits would make it busted- I at least think it would be a fair thing to trial in a PTB sometime in the future. Your aura being shown is a downside, you wasting time to farm those protection hits is a downside, bla bla bla, it's definitely a piece of work to activate and even just having to get two protection hits instead of three of them PROBABLY wouldn't be a big deal.

• ItzPixelYT

You didn't once bring up the fact that it requires to also take 3 health states to even get a use out of it, which then requires a lot of time to heal back up if you're not using a Purple Medkit which btw making a perk that's only really good with a purple medkit or communicating with players is bad to be in the game to begin with. The fact you're also saying "you could never slug in any situation" is entirely situational because you're making it out that EVERY survivor would run the perk. I'm tired of running the same 4/7 Perks in the game to really get any use out of it and most Killers lately don't slug because they don't really have a fear of DS or if they do slug then it's just a build /playstyle they set out to do, why not give survivors a counterplay to that build other than Unbreakable and actually swap up some different playstyles.

I've used MoM for about 20 games straight and had it activate once with actively taking protection hits about 60% of them weren't rewarded to me because of the score system not recognizing i took the hit for a survivor next to me who was being chased. In doing so I also had to pull myself away from the objective and putting myself in the injured state.

Also can't believe you don't find Spirit Oppressive, you must play against some pretty bad Spirits. I'm constantly against, Ruin, Undying, BBQ and Stridor Spirits who actually know what they're doing.

Suppose you're happy with the meta the way it is and will continue to just keep the game boring and stale.

• ItzPixelYT

Funny thing today I ran Breakout and MoM. I finally had full stacks of it and I got hit through a downed pallet with it. My soul died inside after all that work to get the stacks and healing up.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited April 2021

they should just remove the aura reading and give it some sort of passive, like getting haste when near an injured teammate or something

edit: forgot to mention i think itd be a little bit too strong if it only required 2

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

how about we just keep it as is and remove the aura penalty

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

Mechanically the perk is completely inconvenient.

It needs to change effects entirely.

• DerpyPlayz
    edited April 2021

You didn't once bring up the fact that it requires to also take 3 health states to even get a use out of it, which then requires a lot of time to heal back up if you're not using a Purple Medkit which btw making a perk that's only really good with a purple medkit or communicating with players is bad to be in the game to begin with.

That's because typically you get alot more value out of protection hits alone, in turn making up the 3 hit condition for the perk.

For example, if you take a protection hit that happens to save a survivor from hook, you basically in the process gain back two of those hits as now the killer has to hit whomever again wasting one of they're hits. They also need to redo chase which assume the survivors are competent can take a while, meaning now you are making the killer further negative in time, AND you fulfil a condition for the perk in turn later able to be used at key moments whenever you feel like it to tank through whatever the killer is doing for some major disruption.

Again, it rewards you for doing actions that you should not be rewarded for (taking any form of damage), and even if the person got hooked (which is bad play on your part as what was the point of the protection hit in this case?) you still fulfil a condition.

Healing is quite fast as it takes 16 seconds at base with the default survivor heal rate, and two survivors double it to make it 8 seconds. Which in turn, very much so simply for playing with a group of people (which is common, at least on pc due to groups such as the Official DBD Discord) would make healing back not such a issue. Then again, you are assuming you even want to heal due to the fact then typically gens are priority and therefore you can heal whenever you want as its not really a threat to be low health unless you are poor at chases.

The fact you're also saying "you could never slug in any situation" is entirely situational because you're making it out that EVERY survivor would run the perk.

Its clearly implicated that if this perk was around with those ideas proposed that is true IF anyone has the perk in the game, and even if it wasn't that is how killers would feel. Always worrying it is and it could be and that would pressure killers just by being a change in the game.

I'm tired of running the same 4/7 Perks in the game to really get any use out of it and most Killers lately don't slug because they don't really have a fear of DS or if they do slug then it's just a build /playstyle they set out to do, why not give survivors a counterplay to that build other than Unbreakable and actually swap up some different playstyles.

Then stop using the same meta perks, survivors don't even need them to win because of they're base kit being the best in the game and they all have the same great base kit. If your issue is "I have to use these same perks" then that's just not correct. You are choosing to use the same x/7 perks for reasons unknown to me.

This second part is silly, the reason a killer slugs is both subjective and entirely situational. For example, I think it is a good idea to slug if someone unhooks next to me after I just hooked someone as they likely do have DS and I don't want to eat it if I have no reason too. The amount of time it takes away for you to get stunned by DS can be game changing entirely based on the situation so I find this assertion it doesn't matter comical.

There is builds for slugging but unless you are nurse, or a absolutely cracked A tier killer they aren't very affective at all because slugging doesn't do anything but waste the survivors time and its completely reliant on the survivors to take advantage of the missed hooked opportunity's when it happens, and also punish the killer by ceasing to heal and instantly do gens after picking up a survivor. Its like you don't even understand you have to optimize slugging for when it specifically wastes survivors time, adds pressure or has a unique condition its fulfilling.

IE: Slugging for a end game 4k so the last survivor doesn't find hatch.

Recklessly slugging is a surefire way to outright lose.

I've used MoM for about 20 games straight and had it activate once with actively taking protection hits about 60% of them weren't rewarded to me because of the score system not recognizing i took the hit for a survivor next to me who was being chased. In doing so I also had to pull myself away from the objective and putting myself in the injured state.

That's your fault for using a perk with a specific niche incorrectly. Its to reward smart play during situations in which you save/help survivors in need.

Its not to recklessly try to fulfill its requirements just for the potential of being a 3 hit down survivor.

Also can't believe you don't find Spirit Oppressive, you must play against some pretty bad Spirits. I'm constantly against, Ruin, Undying, BBQ and Stridor Spirits who actually know what they're doing.

No, Its just as said before its a mindgame. If you know what you are doing you can literally make every situation she uses her power a 50/50 chance for her to guess where you are and that is a issue because that makes her power involve luck and as we see time and time again luck will make or break your power.

Suppose you're happy with the meta the way it is and will continue to just keep the game boring and stale.

Nope, if I was happy with it I wouldn't be highlighting the issues with both survivor and killer. There does need to be balance changes, but right now the game is objectively survivor sided and adding more clutch perks for survivors is just a bad idea.

• Ilovezarina5
    Ilovezarina5 Member Posts: 149

They just destroyed DS and you say the game is survivor sided?

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

2 hits and a safe unhook imo

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This is how I kinda feel. I don't think there is a way to strike the right balance with Mettle of Man the way it is currently designed. I think the better solution is to scrap it and make a new perk from scratch.

• ItzPixelYT

None of what you're saying is ever going to really happen in a solo queue game or even majority of red rank games. Survivors have to be efficient as possible to actually try and win since most Good Killers these days can actually pressure a map that well that no more than 2 gens can get done. Not to mention the amount of Dead Zones and about 3 hooks per tile. This game is not Survivor sided and even the bloodpoint amount suggests that. Some Killers I escape against and if they get no kills also end up with more points than the whole survivor team. DS is rarely used now as well because that got a stupid nerf so Killers barely slug anymore anyways. But as you say "recklessly slugging loses games" which i've never heard anyone says, the Killers that slug (which btw is probably one of the most powerful methods a killer has to gain pressure) are the ones that generally win games easy as well.

Yeah let's have over altruistic survivors triple healing while one person is on hook or running from killer = 0 gen progress with the possibility of ruin being up as well so there's more pressure for the Killer.

Seems you really don't understand how pressure works in this game in the top ranks because all you're dishing out at me is theoretical situations and scenarios. Just admit MoM is a terrible designed perk because everyone else pretty much agrees. It's not about having to go out your way for Protection hits it's also gifting the Killer more health states which also gifts them more pressure...and like I said Protection Hits only have a chance to work if you're standing by another survivor, they only really work when someone if being carried to one of the 3 hooks per tile that we seem to get in every map now, which btw also renders even MORE survivor perks useless.

You also seemed to miss my point when i say i've got to run the same 4/7 perks. Trying to run other builds that don't include Borrowed TIme & Iron Will seem utterly pointless because there's too many perks in the game that require about 2/3 other perks to actually get any use out of. What's the point in running a perk like Flip-Flop or Buckle Up when there's busted Hook RNG in the game. Yeah let's also try Tenacity, Unbreakable, Soul Guard or something...another useless perk build that would probably work once in about 10 games, or let's run prove thyself and then get the Killer camping and tunneling because we "gen rush"...you see my point here? It seems to make no sense to waste your time running anything else because too many niche perks in the game require a stupid playstyle or have a 1 in 10 game chance to actually be effective.

• DerpyPlayz
    edited April 2021

None of what you're saying is ever going to really happen in a solo queue game or even majority of red rank games.

Well I am unsure at what skill level you personally play vs, but I play vs survivors who do this all the time. Its not uncommon for these strats to be used vs me when I am a killer and when I play survivior hence why I know they are thing you can do. In any sense, then this is your chance to understand what I have said and employ these "rare" strats, and then killers will fall for them consistantly (even though you are just using red herring fallacy.)

Survivors have to be efficient as possible to actually try and win since most Good Killers these days can actually pressure a map that well that no more than 2 gens can get done. Not to mention the amount of Dead Zones and about 3 hooks per tile. This game is not Survivor sided and even the bloodpoint amount suggests that.

No they don't, they have to be efficient as possible if they want a game that literally lasts less then 3 minutes. If at optimal play, even a nurse has issues (nurse would still win likely however or at least draw unless the survivors did everything humanly perfectly).

Some Killers I escape against and if they get no kills also end up with more points than the whole survivor team. DS is rarely used now as well because that got a stupid nerf so Killers barely slug anymore anyways.

See it was after you said this I am starting to think you are a new player. Not seeing common strats vs and as killer, and now not understanding how the emblem system works?

Anyway, conveniently I have already argued this and refuted this point in another thread. You can find it here:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143285#Comment_2143285

But as you say "recklessly slugging loses games" which i've never heard anyone says, the Killers that slug (which btw is probably one of the most powerful methods a killer has to gain pressure) are the ones that generally win games easy as well.

Likely because you don't understand the optimization for killers at all.

The killers that ensure hook states are the ones that win, killers can slug all day but they won't get anywhere if the survivors just ensure they're teammates are being picked up and in fact this would constitute to the killers lost and they basically would be allowing survivors to regress chase worths of time for no reasons.

You haven't even attempted to refute my above argument, so you can refer it to why this is.

Yeah let's have over altruistic survivors triple healing while one person is on hook or running from killer = 0 gen progress with the possibility of ruin being up as well so there's more pressure for the Killer.

This is a fallacy, strawman, no. Refer to my point AND quote me with your response otherwise I am just going to ignore this point as I already argued it and you are outright lying.

Seems you really don't understand how pressure works in this game in the top ranks because all you're dishing out at me is theoretical situations and scenarios.

Ironic considering you think slugging is absolutely amazing and also I am in the top ranks but the funny thing is the argument from authority fallacy you are using doesn't even make sense as rank doesn't mean anything but play time in modern day DBD. Its not even known what the mechanisms for match making are currently.

Just admit MoM is a terrible designed perk because everyone else pretty much agrees.

Yup, totally agree with that. Although don't know why this is relevant as it has nothing to do with neither of our arguments. I never argued it was a good design.

It's not about having to go out your way for Protection hits it's also gifting the Killer more health states which also gifts them more pressure...

Already gave the reasons why this is not the case, and why survivor is coming out better in this situation if you actually decided to read what I said.

and like I said Protection Hits only have a chance to work if you're standing by another survivor, they only really work when someone if being carried to one of the 3 hooks per tile that we seem to get in every map now, which btw also renders even MORE survivor perks useless.

This is just bs.

You also seemed to miss my point when i say i've got to run the same 4/7 perks. Trying to run other builds that don't include Borrowed TIme & Iron Will seem utterly pointless because there's too many perks in the game that require about 2/3 other perks to actually get any use out of.

You seem to miss that point THE BASE SURVIVIOR KIT IS GOOD ENOUGH WITHOUT PERKS, hopefully you actually read that now that it is boldened.

This is a issue with killers or survivors, they're are a great deal of not viable perks but this is for both sides.

What's the point in running a perk like Flip-Flop or Buckle Up when there's busted Hook RNG in the game. Yeah let's also try Tenacity, Unbreakable, Soul Guard or something...another useless perk build that would probably work once in about 10 games,

I have no clue what RNG has to do with anything nor is it busted for hook escapes. If survivors could consistently escape hook this game would have no killers. That would be a better version of Deliverance at base.

or let's run prove thyself and then get the Killer camping and tunneling because we "gen rush"...you see my point here?

Yes, because that is the optimal play when every gen is done in 3 minutes. Its either camp a survivor and force a kill/drawed game or outright lose.

It seems to make no sense to waste your time running anything else because too many niche perks in the game require a stupid playstyle or have a 1 in 10 game chance to actually be effective.

They are powerful in specific situations. That's they're entire purpose. That's why DS is one of the most used, as well as unbreakable ect.

And DS IS one of the most used perks because it is useful even though you don't think so because you are new to the game or just not good at it.

Post edited by DerpyPlayz on
  • ItzPixelYT

"ThE bAsE sUrViVoR kIt Is GoOd WiThOuT pErKs" the fact that you think that is hilarious, let's see how well 4 random survivors with no perks would do in every game.......

It's like you're trying to make it out that perks shouldn't exist for Survivor because let's all have the same playstyle and repetitive gameplay.

The fact you don't even know how bad the "protection hit" detection is on the game just shows you don't actually play survivor.

Also DS USED to be one of the most used perks in the game. Now you barely see it or even see an obsession in games because no one wants to use it anymore since the nerf.

Also you're literally just sounding like everyone else on the forum with every argument..."you must be new to the game"...the fact you think Slugging isn't a strong play against Survivors just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Some Killers can end the game at 5/4 gens just by slugging...

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

What is 'Mettle of Man' to begin with? The definition of mettle is courage AND fortitude. At the moment only fortitude is being represented as you get the crap beat out of you by the killer, however, since BT is being buffed to always activate we could take that old mechanic and add it to mettle of man. So now you also get stacks for unhooks inside the terror radius (safe unhook optional), for your courage. Could possibly also add pickups inside the terror radius. In order to prevent hook bombing it could also give a miniature haste effect to the unhooked so they aren't punished for someone else trying to get stacks, could thematically call it Inspiration as a buff.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Uhhh... so I hate to break it to you bud, but I'm gonna also say a hard 'no' to this as well.

Survivor is definitely not OP, (Let alone base kit only survivors) in most scenarios of this game.

The only time Survivors are truly OP, are when you are against a great, well-coordinated, OoO SWF group (which, won't even be an issue with the OoO changes coming in.) or you're playing at a Tournament level. (I'll also admit that Survivors can also be OP if they're using an actual infinite, however, those are pretty few and far between.)

Otherwise, I'd argue that most Survivors are most definitely beatable if you play well. Sure, will you still lose the occasional match because of some crappy RNG with your Ruin spawn, Pallet Spawns, or just an unlucky map for your Killer? Totally. Will some Killers struggle more than others? Of course, not every killer is created equal.

But those are the same things that any player faces, be it when they play Killer or Survivor.

Sure, a decent SWF might be hard to beat, but they're definitely not impossible, nor are they the top dog if you play well. (Again, can also depend on RNG). Of course, Perks can play to or against your advantage, but at least in my experience, while a lot of people can run the same meta builds (You see quite a bit of DH with console SWFs at least, but I'm not going to say that there's a full meta team in every lobby because... well, there just isn't.) that doesn't mean they'll use them well. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Survivors make a mistake with one of their perks, the Killer didn't capitalize on it, and then would wonder why they struggled. (Or, a Killer/Survivor team making the same mistake, repeatedly, never learning from it, and wondering why they lose.)

(I'd also like to make the point that Decent SWF are hard to beat, just like a good Killer with a hardcore meta-build against an average Solo Group or an average SWF who's just a bunch of buds are also just rough and hard to beat. It's honestly p fair on both sides to that regard...)

I also just wanted to note that I think you missed the other user's point in the last part of their post... There are a lot of niche perks in the game, that can be hard to justify bringing over perks that are much more guaranteed to get you value. That in itself is fine, but when you also bring in the fact that there are a lot of niche perks that aren't even really strong in their niche scenarios compared to other perks, it can be hard to justify bringing them, if you're playing to escape/get a 4k. (For example, it's hard to justify bringing Flip-Flop when there are a lot of hooks on the maps, the wiggle you get isn't great, and it's so situational, that when you're put in that scenario, you're probably better off to have brought Unbreakable in the first place. Or for Killers, it's hard to justify bringing a perk like Gearhead, when you can just bring something like Thrilling and get more guaranteed value from it.) (Granted, I don't really care in that regard, I play casually, so I'll just run whatever I feel like- there are a lot of niche perks that can do great things with good set up, but they just aren't as reliable, so I can see where someone who is playing to escape would be frustrated with them...)

• DerpyPlayz

You could of said that you think I am wrong in less words.

However you haven't refuted anything I have said so I am not going to bother trying to argue with two people when I am already waiting for one of them.

Reply to my points or don't bother.

• DerpyPlayz

"ThE bAsE sUrViVoR kIt Is GoOd WiThOuT pErKs" the fact that you think that is hilarious, let's see how well 4 random survivors with no perks would do in every game.......

Yes, because they objectively can.

It's like you're trying to make it out that perks shouldn't exist for Survivor because let's all have the same playstyle and repetitive gameplay.

False strawman.

The fact you don't even know how bad the "protection hit" detection is on the game just shows you don't actually play survivor.

False assertion.

Also DS USED to be one of the most used perks in the game. Now you barely see it or even see an obsession in games because no one wants to use it anymore since the nerf.

Still is one of them, to think otherwise is silly.

Also you're literally just sounding like everyone else on the forum with every argument..."you must be new to the game"...the fact you think Slugging isn't a strong play against Survivors just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Some Killers can end the game at 5/4 gens just by slugging...

Ironically you sound like the minority of people I have met on the forums, the type that ignore all the point you brang up.

If you aren't going to argue the points coolio, but you are still objectively wrong and all the point you've ignored stand.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Lol I did??? I specifically responded to your point of calling 'Base Survivor OP' and your point about how 'Perks are powerful in certain situations', where in I was attempting to clarify their point on why perks like Mettle of Man is both hard to get value out of, or justify bringing- as you seemed to have kinda missed the other poster's point in that regard. (And to add to that, I'll even tac on something here, and state that I believe that the other user is correct in stating that protection hits when trying to help an injured Survivor are extremely unreliable, as the game is all over the place on what a protection hit is unless you're running directly behind them, or taking a hit for a carried Survivor. I've had wonky hits count as protection hits where I wasn't even close to them, and hits where I was right next to them not count. Just like many things in the game, like breaking GF out of stealth, it's unreliable and buggy.)

Though, if you wanted to tell me you didn't read my post, you coulda just said 'TL;DR', or just not responded to it. Woulda done the same thing in less words. ;)

• Spill
    Spill Member Posts: 235

I think 2 hits is fine. I tried a challenge that requires you to take 2 protection hits. Its actually very difficult.

You have to be near an injured survivor which often means losing another perk to run Empathy. Obviously you have to be healthy. It requires a player to be off of gens following chase. All for something that may or may not come in useful.

I think 2 protection hits would still be a challenge and I welcome a new survivor perk being used.