If Nemesis is the next killer, and it had the rocket launcher, how would you make it work?

I was thinking you build up the power and then you can use the rocket launcher, but you only have one shot each time you get it, and hitting a survivor with it puts them in the dying state. Op, maybe, but Oni, Leatherface and Hillbilly have similar stuff.

Or maybe you need to find the rocket launcher in order to use it, like you start the match without it and somewhere in the map there's a large case with the launcher inside. You only get one shot with each rocket launcher and you have to wait a few minutes before another case spawns.

What are your ideas?

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

If he had his rocket launcher, it would be 1 shot in the dying state and he would have a reload time like the static explosion of the doctor in my opinion, he would leave it as a secondary skill or a third in his power.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,773

Naw it'll be Birken, with an arm extendo reach that'll make Freddy look like he isn't even tryin.....

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Maybe when you launch it, your camera moves from Nemesis to the rocket and you guide at towards the survivor manually.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited April 2021

Pros:

A Direct hit to any survivor caught in the center 3 meter radius of the blast area are instant downed,

Every survivor within 3 meters around the center point is deep wounded and breakable walls/downed pallets in that range are destroyed.

Total size of the blast radius is 6 meters

Blast throws survivors 8 meters away from the blast area, likely pushing them into corners

Fastest moving projectile,

Can be laser guided to your target area,

Direct hits to Generators take away 20% progress and power down/stall the gen for 15 seconds wherein it can't be repaired.

Your Obsession is always revealed to you via aura when within your TR while aiming your Launcher (Nemesis did spend all game obsessed over Jill after all)

Cons:

Direct hits to gens don't start normal regression, and the Gen can't be kicked or affected by further damage via rockets or perks like Surge until after the 15 second powered down/stall time is up

Laser guiding can overshoot or steer into the ground if following a target moving closer to you,

Laser alerts survivors to where you're aiming prior to firing

Laser guidance can fall victim to objects closer to you than your target area, obscuring your line of sight, and causing the rocket to steer in the wrong direction

Globally loud, easy to see coming,

You have to reload it which makes you hold still for 4 seconds.

Lockers or spawning umbrella crates contain RPG ammo, which respawns every 45-60 seconds.

Areas at which ammo spawns is RNG based.

Only 1 rocket available to carry at a time for base kit, possibly more can be carried with add-ons

Hiding behind cover that isn't a breakable wall or downed pallet grants survivors immunity from taking deep wounds or insta down damage

Lockers are safe havens of invincibility vs rockets

it takes 1.5 seconds of mount up time to aim before you can fire it, and 1 second to put away before you can basic attack

Catching yourself in the inner blast radius after firing results in a 6 second stun, outer blast radius is a 3 second stun

Nemesis moves at 4.4 m/s normally, 2.2 m/s when aiming.

Indoor maps are his bane

This is roughly how I'd do it, Overall the Launcher would be a Huge Risk, Huge Reward power to get good with, and has a very high learning curve.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

Nemesis had a rocket launcher, and it's iconic to him, but to make him revolve around it to the point of having a lower movement speed to balance it out would be the wrong call. It should be a secondary power, a limited powerup that spells trouble.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

If he was implented with a rocket launcher it would have to be instadown. And it would have to be hard to land to make it balanced. So he would be ranged instadown killer. So even if he was made hard to play, bad survivors would just cry and cry until he gets nerfed. I don't think it would work.

I don't know why people think that nemesis should have the rocket launcher. In the original RE3 he had it only the first half of the game and in the remake only for one 5 minute section. Then he mutated to the tentacle Nemmy, so he didn't have the rocket launcher for the rest of the game. Tentacle Nemmy would honestly be much more cool and more easy balance while giving him more versatile power.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Make the rocketlauncher something to find on the map. Instadown with AoE, so multiple Instadowns and breaking pallets, breakable walls and gens.

BUT the survivors can find and use the rocketlauncher as well. If Nemesis gets hit he gets stunned of course. Needs to be a direct hit however.

the Killer can see the aura or the launcher though, so it would be pretty hard to get a hit as survivor while killer carries another survivor as he can see if the launcher is being used.

it’s also just a secondary power, normally he has probably his tentacles, once he carries the launcher the tentacles can’t be used simultaneously.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited April 2021

I'd say one rocket launcher spawns on the map at a time, opposite Nemesis at the farthest point. He has to go and pick it up. While carrying it, movement speed is reduced to 105%. Once used (as TWiXT suggested) it's dropped and you have to wait 90 seconds for another one to spawn, always at the farthest side of the map from where Nemesis currently is.

If a survivor finds the launcher, they can sabotage it. Takes as long as cleansing a totem, and it then despawns and you have to wait 30 seconds for it to respawn again.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

I agree with making the rocket launcher an item that you have to find and pick up. It should disable the special power while equipped just to be fair.

Nemesis can run really fast so I would make that a part of his power set. Something similar to oni or bight. Resident evil Resistance shows this could work.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I wouldn't. No more ranged killers, please. So far only Huntress has worked and I don't see how another ranged design could work in this particular game.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

What? Deathslinger and PH work pretty well and differently enough to Huntress.

only problem is Trickster (who still could have potential with the right tweaks and maybe some addons as base)

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

I would put the rocket in the launcher, aim at the survs, and fire. I didn't build the dam thing, to make it work I just use it. What a silly question

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I can barely imagine, a killer able to use a rocket launcher in this game. Sure its Nemesis, but in order for there to be a remote balance he needs to have a very high risk and high reward.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Rocket launcher had a 5m blass radius doing a single health state of damage when he pulls out his launcher he is slowed to 90$ for 2.5s and then frozen but able to turn until canceled rocket speed is the same to a Fully charged hatchet and if you hit the survivor directly they will go down instantly this breaks walls and pallets

He can hold 3 rockets at a time which slowly regenerate or you can reload all 3 instantly at a locker

• SHYHERIST
    SHYHERIST Member Posts: 165

NO NEED ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!

• SunderMun
    edited April 2021

Deathslinger and Trickster are both unhealthy for the game, meaning they don't really work.

I didn't count PHead as ranged in my head, however he also is incredibly unhealthy for the game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636
  • TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited April 2021

I'm not a fan of giving survivors any control over the killers power. Think Plague: the fact that survivors have control over the most powerful aspect of her power is the primary reason why she's the least picked killer, and this is also why the devs have moved away from giving survivors that much control by removing their ability to sabotage Trappers traps.

The idea of a 60-90 second respawn time (during which he's reduced to being a simple M1 killer) limits the amount of times he can use it in the average 10 minute match to only 10-6 times or less, and the fact that he'd have to go out of his way to acquire the launcher for use while also slowing down his movement speed when carrying it, already lowers his map pressure heavily, so giving the survivors the option to effectively neutralize his power just by finding it first would be excessively punishing. Can you imagine how brutal that mechanic would be when up against an SWF team on voice coms? They would dedicate at least one of their teammates to finding and destroying the launcher every time it spawns, while others distract the killer for the whole match, to ensure he never gets to use it against them.

I'm fine with the other aspects that lower his map pressure, because something this powerful should be a High Risk, High Reward ability, but it won't do him any favors against Gen Rush teams, which is why I suggested that the launcher also needs to be able to damage/power down gens for a limited time to help him regain some pressure, and force him to choose to either target the survivors or the gens. Otherwise he'd have lower map pressure than an M1 restricted Hag or Huntress.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Each hook provides you one shell of ammo. The launcher fires an aoe attack the sets Survivors on fire; while burning controls are inverted and can ignite nearby teammates and pallets.

• SunderMun

For anyone that actually plays the game, he suffers from a similar effect to that of Spirit; it is purely uninteractive and he, a ranged killer, is the best stealth killer in the game, which makes no sense.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Going by recent ranged abilities, you could shoot the rocket launchers and if it hits a survivor they have a zombie infection meter. After 27 consecutive hits with no misses, the zombie meter fills up and a zombie pops up to harass and stun the killer for a limited time.

Meanwhile, the survivor loses a health state that heals itself when the zombie timer hits zero.

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

The rocket launcher blows the survivor into the sky. The entity catches the survivor by impaling them on one of its disgusting limbs. The entity and the killer fistbump. The entity further punishes the survivor by forcing them to start the next match already hooked.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I think it should be like a huntress hatchet where you spawn with it but you only have 1 shot, then a long cooldown. The rocket launcher would take like 2 seconds to aim, and then you can shoot it. It would instadown on direct shot, and would have an area of effect so survivors not directly hit would still take one health state, and get them all. It can also be used on pallets with a direct hit but then it wouldn't have an area of effect. Cooldown could be 25 seconds. Also while doing the aiming animation, he would shout STARSS to give survivors a warning.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I would have it as an end game weapon, when the generator are all done then it drops in near you or spawns in near you.It would have 3 shots that instantly puts survivors into the dying state.