Do you guys think its easy piping as killer or survivor?

I think its easy pipping as killer because i always get a pip or mostly two pips.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Yeah, it is too easy on both sides. IMO Killer is a little bit easier to get Pips, but Survivor is easier to play.

Like, as Killer, I get more Double Pips than Pips and more Blackpips than Depips, when compared to Survivor.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

As killer you can dodge lobbies till you get a rank 20 squad. But as a survivor you never know what you’re up against

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163
  • Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It just depends on the player really. Some people just are better at one side or the other when they start playing.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited April 2021

I find killer has a slightly easier time pipping because they have less rng to worry about. As killer you can pressure gens, hit people, use your power, interrupt survivors. When playing survivor on the other hand I find it's harder to pip if the killer isn't skilled. If we blowing through gens I won't have time to do other objectives. If the killer sucks at finding people I won;t get any chaser. I can't get heals or rescues if the killer isn't able to hook anyone. As killer the requirements to pip are created by how you play. As survivor pipping depends on what opportunities present themselves.

• Drixpy_Jayyy
    Drixpy_Jayyy Member Posts: 181

@PabloLovesMC some people can tell i guess by just looking at their cosmetics ( default cosmetics)

• PabloLovesMC

Thats as reliable as saying you can tell what perks they'll bring by the phase of the moon.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137

The expectations for pipping as killer are much higher. Starting at rank 12, you need 3 Iris and a gold to double pip, but for a survivor, it's only 2 iris and 2 gold all the way down into rank 5 at least. That said. For a killer, almost all their points come from hooks so you don't have to do as much to be achieving your goals. Malicious and Devout both score most their points from hooks and Chaser, you score your points from hitting people during chases with usually leads to a hook.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Killer believe it or not. Because as a killer you may not get many kills. but if you get downs, and chases you can keep your rank easier. On the other hand SOLO survivors have it harder since they have to depend on random people. But with friends ranking up with survivor is easier.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Well that'll depend on how easy I'll have it during a match. If I'm the killer and get matched with easy survivors then I'll have no problem.

If I'm a survivor and get goood teammates, then same story. Even when going against a good killer.

Not to equate the effort I'd need to put in to win against a killer that sucks of course.

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137

Definitely killer, if you play spirit with stridor along with Mother Daughter Ring + Yakuyoke Amulet.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Yeah if you found out a way to see ranks in the lobby please let me know 😂

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

pipping is too easy period. The safety pip should be about midway, and the pip should be just short of where double pip is now.

Double pip shouldn't even exist.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It’s currently way too easy to pip on both sides but it’s significantly easier on survivor. It needs to be made much harder.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

You can determine their skill by their cosmetics. I know cosmetics don’t necessarily mean skill but most of the time you shouldn’t expect much from a baby meg

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

Actually finding it easier to pip as Killer to red ranks, but its a struggle (or I hit a wall there). Been gravitating from R1-5 for Survivor for well over a year now. As solo I dont seem to get past 3 anymore as I have so many bad games and I only safetypip in most good games

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

When I started playing DBD as a survivor, I had major problems to get past rank 15. Why? I got pips often but I also got depips often because getting killed early is a guaranteed depip, and that happened a lot (I played in SWF with higher rank friends, standed out as a noob and was therefore an easy target.) It was slow to get to red ranks.

When I started to play killer, I got double pips all the time, and single pips even from bad matches. I leveled up faster than I was comfortable with.

So in my experience, piping as a killer is way easier when you start the game. _Playing_ killer is not easier, but the system gives pips easily even when you don't play well. Also, losing pips is more common as a survivor

• PabloLovesMC

Cosmetics may mean theyre good but it dosent mean they arent bad

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I’m new to killer so can’t really say which is easier, but I got to red ranks as survivor pretty easily without even knowing how to loop lol.