What happened to minimum distance between hooks?

While the new procedural rules for pallets makes them less and more distant, to tte extent of disappearing, the same cannot be said for the hooks.

Hooks are now perfectly spread across all map - whit many smaller maps - and a killer can easily camp 2 hooks and 1 gen, or 1 hook and 2 gens.

Will it be looked into again or since is ok for the more loud - and paying - killer community will just pass under silence?

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    If we are camping so many things at once....is it really camping?
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Redient said:
    While the new procedural rules for pallets makes them less and more distant, to tte extent of disappearing, the same cannot be said for the hooks.

No, the exact same can be said for pallet, they are more spread out preventing some zone to be pallet free from the get go, the number of pallet didn't change overall, and the little change that have been brought up where an augmentation in pallet number

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they changed the hook spawn so that they will spawn with a 24m distance from each other in order to prevent scenarios like 2 hooks facing each other and the killer hard camping 2 survivors at once.

and honestly, will you people ever stop complaining? like, the killer is around the hook, so he is hook camping. the killer is going to a gen he saw getting progressed, so he is gen camping. the killer is chasing someone, so he is tunneling. the killer is killing all 4, so he is a douchebag for not granting the last person the hatch.
    i mean, ######### do you want us to do?
    just stand in a corner of the map, not moving at all?
    i bet you would start complaining about the killer corner camping and not giving you full access to the corner he is in.

honestly, this is getting ridiculous.

• Mcarnoldhat
    Mcarnoldhat Member Posts: 54

@EntityDispleased said:
    Lmao a killer camping 1 gen. Is this a new 1 gen strat I haven't heard about?

insidious Leatherface camps one gen

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@Mcarnoldhat said:

@EntityDispleased said:
    Lmao a killer camping 1 gen. Is this a new 1 gen strat I haven't heard about?

insidious Leatherface camps one gen

so stronk

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

As the patch notes explained before if there's not a spot for the hook the map is programmed for 1 hook can and will spawn closer than the minimum distance.

The same is true for the pallets since the rules are the same.

• RadiantForgotPwd
    RadiantForgotPwd Member Posts: 14

@Mister_xD said:
    they changed the hook spawn so that they will spawn with a 24m distance from each other in order to prevent scenarios like 2 hooks facing each other and the killer hard camping 2 survivors at once.

and this is still happening, therefore change didn't really work.
    that's my point

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@RadiantForgotPwd said:

@Mister_xD said:

and this is still happening, therefore change didn't really work.
    that's my point

See my response above.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Redient said:

Hooks are now perfectly spread across all map - whit many smaller maps - and a killer can easily camp 2 hooks and 1 gen, or 1 hook and 2 gens.

Will it be looked into again or since is ok for the more loud - and paying - killer community will just pass under silence?

hooks are so spread out that if one hook gets disabled when you down a survivor you will actually struggle to get to that other hook. Play some killer games bro and you'll see it more survivor sided than killer sided. Last patch hooks were like 30m away from each other.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147
    You were basically neighbor when there are two hooks together
  • Zaluli
    Zaluli Member Posts: 9

Hooks are definitely too close together.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Redient said:

I just ask you one thing.

Do you like being slugged and bleeding out on the floor?
    Because if the hooks are not perfectly spread across the map, thats exactly whats going to happen

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

That ban didn't take long...

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Redient said:

Are you kidding me?
    There are already double pallets reappearing and hooks are spread out like survivor asked it for.
    The amount of pallet has not changed at all, but hooks became less.
    Some survivor have never enough.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    If we are camping so many things at once....is it really camping?
    You're camping the map.