Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should doctor get nerfed ?

Drixpy_Jayyy
Drixpy_Jayyy Member Posts: 181
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have been seeing quite a lot of them today what do yall think though.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Drixpy_Jayyy

@Altarf im not saying that me seeing a lot of doctors meaning he should get nerfed im just wondering what you all think.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited April 2021

the base doctor is fine (against most teams).

As someone who mains and plays Doctor consistently, I would:

Nerf yellow and green range addon aka Polished electrode and High stimulus electrode make mouldy electrode base kit.

Base Doctor can struggle hard even against a decent team but will also dominate a team that relies to much on stealth and don't understand how to handle killer aggro

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

No, he's fine right now.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

Personally ( and i swear im not biased) I feel Doc is fine where he is a B-tier maybe low A at best with good tracking and a decent anti-loop game, his add-ons are fun and balanced, his perks are good for his kit and make sense lore-wise, his power makes sense and isn't OP. Plus there is a good amount of counterplay that survivors can use pre-drop pallets, hide in lockers when you hear him using static blast and you're in his tr, and even better is you can mind-game his shock therapy pretty good since it takes a sec to use and has a bit of latency ( you can DH it as well if you really wanna ) and he slows a bit when using it. Honestly could be top 5 in most balanced killers.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

no he's fine right now

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Doc is great imo. They could tone down his screen effects for anyone who finds them annoying though

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Anyone who thinks he should be nerfed balance-wise is trolling without a doubt. He's one of the most balanced killers in the game.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

No, he's the perfect example of a mid-tier & balanced killer

• glitchboi

Wait...

...didn't you say he was unbalanced a few days ago?

Redemption arc.

• CornHub

My point still stands with what I said before, but this has nothing to do with that.

• glitchboi

Wat.

So you don't want him to get nerfed, yet you said they should remove his anti-loop abilities because of how unfair it was to prevent survivors from vaulting/dropping pallets?

• CornHub

He's mid tier & shouldn't be nerfed, but his shock ability is too powerful so he should be nerfed.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,217

I think they're doing that with the midchapter update.

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137
    edited April 2021

Doctor is perfectly fine, if your a good survivor and know how to loop properly and know his counters you will be fine facing him.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Doctor is spamming shocks. So maybe that can be little nerf but i dont think Doctor is op. He is good enough.

• Drixpy_Jayyy

@Northener1907 i think he should be given a cooldown between shocks maybe 5 seconds who knows

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited April 2021

Nope. He's annoying and someone with the timing down basically removes the ability to play from the survivor, but it's difficult to time tbh, If anything, I'd like them to nerf his on-screen effects for everyone because it makes everyone lag out. Never have I ever gone against someone playing Doctor that couldn't hit me from the moon.

I do think some of his add-ons are overkill, too, but that's a different story.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

No but I wish they'd tone his laugh down a bit, most OP part about him

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

If the survivors split up and work on all different gens, he is as bad as every other M1 killer. No nerf needed.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,536

Nah, Doctor is mid-tier at best.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

No, if anything he is pretty weak without discipline addons.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I think he's fine if not a little Addon/Perk reliant, but so is everyone else except Nurse and Huntress

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

The doctor is a noob stomper.

His advantage is that he has great detection and a minor amount of antiloop/stall.

But against most players he's very average due to his lack of mobility and lethality both of which counter balance his advantages.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited April 2021

Doctor should get small tweaks in my view but not exactly nerfs or buffs. His entire kit is to track survivors but I feel the hallucinations should do more than just be a varying way to track survivors. For example I feel the Doctor illusions should occasionally run at a survivor from around the corner to make them feel they're being chased by an actual thing to show what proper madness would be like. Maybe they see a survivor working on a generator or a totem that isn't really doing so, etc.

Madness overall is underutilized and instead it becomes something merely to track survivors rather than fool them. I get maybe that's the intended purpose but thematically Doctor's power feels kind of stale because of it. There are much better ways to locate a survivor and killers that can have a fair compromise of tracking for better killing power.

Overall though in Doctor's current form they're fine. Granted I feel they're featuring lacking.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I just treat him like clown if he shocks me I keep running if he dosent I drop the pallet the only thing idk what to do is at windows

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

He is extremely annoying to play against purely because he can use his power as a 'I cant find anyone' button. I like to keep out of the way of the killer, but doctor counters my playstyle of avoiding LOS and keeping a low profile. It is what it is, I won't say nurf him because I don't like him, I just have to accept it.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Base Doc is fine. Just nerf a few of his addons.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

the thing is even a pro doc who can perfectly time his shocks is going to struggle against a team of survivors who just focus gens. yes, he will f you up in a chase but unlike killers like nurse and spirit it takes him a while to do it so he can't capitalise and snowball as well of downs

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629

No.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Yet another pointless discussion thread.