Why is Corrupt Intervention Strong?

So I main hag (yeah yeah, whatever) and Otz, Dowsey, and virtually everyone else say that corrupt intervention is so strong on her. I play a very web-based hag cutting off loops, windows, pallets, etc. but I'm not sure that 120 seconds is really so important over other potential perks I can have active the entire time when I set up based on what loops survivors seem to like and whatnot.

So my question then is, what killers is it strong on and why is it so important?

Comments

• sleepywynd
    sleepywynd Member Posts: 118

That makes a lot of sense actually, I hadn't thought of the zoning.

• PabloLovesMC
    PabloLovesMC Member Posts: 163

Corrupt intervention does a few things.... first it gives you time to set up. killer has very weak early game so the perk helps get everything in order b4 the survivors start smashing out gens. Secondly, corrupt intervention helps push survivors to the middle of the map where its easier to find them (plus you can count out the last 3 gens by process of elimination. Finally (and this one doesn't happen very often) Should the survivors be god tier gamers and smash out 1 gen each within the 120 second mark it ensures you are left with a 3 gen (most of the time) to protect as your last resort.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Corrupt intervention gave you an extra 120 secs game delay which is quite nice for slower killers or killers that need prepare. I found Corrupt Useful on ranged killers like Deathslinger,Huntress, also for stealth killers it is also useful because you can find multiple survivors at certain gens due to Corrupt many survivors tend to be doing gens together at that time. If your killer lacks mobility and pressure or if the killer needs a preparation time Corrupt is a really strong perk.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Corrupt Intervention helps killers with low mobility to exert more pressure on a smaller area and delays the start of gen repairs by forcing survivors to move closer to you. It doesn't last the whole game, but it helps killers when they are at their weakest.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

It's an incredible perk that gives you time to setup, get downs at the start of the game, and prevent gen rushing.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I feel like Corrupt Intervention is a bad pick on Hag because it more or less forces the survivor to come closer to you very early on,interupting you while you're setting up your web.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It's not strong. Playing survivor I have never had problems against it. What make it useful is impatient Survivors that don't make use of that time for things other than gens. The more efficient Survivors are the less impact it will have on the match.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

I dont think so. A good hag needs to be fast when she sets up her web. Good survivor will destroy your web anyway and harrass you, so its important to learn how to set good traps quickly.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I think it's vastly overrated. Good survivors are just gonna finish one of the non-blocked gens while you're in the first chase of the match. Then you have three perks for the rest of the game.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

It's already been mentioned that survivors spawn by your corrupted gens 99% of the time, which gives you time to set up your traps without losing any early gens. It also funnels them into the center of the map and into your web much earlier.

Just as powerful, survivors typically won't return to the corrupted gens until late in the match, which gives you the chance to set up a 3 gen in the late game.

Be careful not to take chases into your corrupted gens. Survivors can't do OBJ there, so focus your first two minutes on setup and getting early hits/downs to get the best value out of the perk.

Alsi, I think it's a bad idea to run Ruin and Corrupt together. Survivors who spawn next to corrupted gens tend to do secondary objectives like looting chests and cleansing bones as they cross the map. This gives you a liklier chance of losing Ruin early and being down 2 perks.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's less about Corrupt being strong, and more about it literally being the only early slow down option available. It gets defaulted by limited options, not because it's amazing.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited April 2021

It's not strong, it's literally a "Run a bit further to find a gen that's open" perk. What it does it generally makes at least one survivor start to RUN to find a generator, which as a killer can let you immediately enter into a chase, which you could do without it and they went on a gen anyway. It does buy you some time at the start if the survivors don't immediately go to find another gen, but if they're bad survivors it can make a bit more of a difference if you apply pressure real quick, but if you're doing that chances are the survivors are already bad and thus you wouldn't of needed gen regression anyway. It can be amazing sometimes on some maps if the gens it locks of are on one side of the map and you can go setup on like Hag or Trapper on the other. And again, with a perk like Whispers, which is infinitely more useful ALL GAME, does the exact same thing, just not easily, or sometimes if they play immersed, even better.

I personally find myself defaulting to Ruin/Undying, or at LEAST Ruin these days, because I've lost far too many games to what I can very clearly tell are terrible, terrible survivors that are efficient at holding M1, and it ######### me on real big maps.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I would like to introduce you to Whispers and Discordance, two perks which give you immense value by letting you find survivors and push them off gens right at the start of the match, thus slowing down the early game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

But then the survivors get pushed towards you immediately, and they'll be able to see you setting up traps. It's counterproductive.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

It can be used very effectively as info on where survivors started. If you're playing someone like doctor just go and throw up a shock for early pressure on survivors.

It can be combined with haunted grounds as well to get the survivors up moving and working to kill themselves faster.

On choke point maps corrupt intervention just wins you the match.

• danielmaster87

It's not that great of a perk. It band-aid fixes bad early gen speed. Except now they're pushed away from the edge gens and into the middle gens, making it highly likely that the map is gonna get split, and then you're screwed.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Because it more often then not softens the issue of survivors getting free gens at the start of a trial.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Often you lose one gen if 2-3 survivors spawn on a specific gen far away from you and it's the last gen you check because of a big map. It's bullshit. Literally not being able to stop a gen at the beginning due to RNG is dumb.

Also, if survivors spawn separately at the beginning and 3 survivors sit on gens and one survivor gets chased for a min you lose 3 gens (considering you take 20 seconds to find one survivor). With Corrupt Intervention that doesn't happen that easily but on certain maps and certain RNG survivors still spawn on open gens even with corrupt but it happens rarely.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

buys killers with weak map pressure like myers a lot of time and pretty much sets up a 3 gen

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

Even if gens start flying with it active regardless, it immediately allows you to see a perfect three gen setup for later in the match, which if you are hag means you know where to place your traps to three gen them.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Thats still better than them finishing 2 or 3 gens during your first chase and can be really difficult if your smart and play hit and run and dont let them pull you out to the blocked gens

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Time, corrupt saves alot of time and as killer, you need as much time as possible

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636

As everyone has already pointed out, CI is an extremely good perk.

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290

yes they get pushed to you, whats good about this is that they arent gonna be on gens. they will ether stay by the blocked gens and do absolutley nothing or they see you and run for the hills to not get chased, preventing them from working on gens once again. if they do try to harass your webs, well, you should already have a few up by the time they get to you, time to start chasing and get him down.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Unless you spawn in the middle of the map... and the Blocked Gens are split

That happens to me a a lot

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Don't take streamers word as fact (I know, it's against the hive mind around here).

As an avid Hag player myself, you don't want Corrupt. It will just draw survivors closer to you, causing them to see your trap placements early, preventing any setup you could have.

Some advice for Hag from me; get the dark recolor cosmetic from the shop (it's super cheap with shards), and run Monitor & Abuse. Use her tiny terror radius to try and place traps without being seen, then get the jump on people. Brutal Strength and Enduring are great too.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

They will get pushed towards your traps and you will still have some time before they get there

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Except Discordance is garbage with low mobility killers. Nothing is quite as stressful as watching Discordance go off across the map and having to walk 4.4 m/s to get there, only to have it done by the time you get there.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Its borderline op imo. Almost always the killer gets a hook and/or a few injured in the opening 2 minutes of a game. I don't face it very often though, once every 20-30 games id say.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

i feel like the biggest counterplay to hag is harassing the ######### out of her. CI allows them to harass you without losing gen progress in the early game because their gens are where you are.

• danielmaster87

I play Trapper and Hag so I know what I'm talking about.