Anyone else playing the same Killers all the time?

All i seem to get in my games are Blights & Huntress. Yesterday I had 8 Blights...That's really abnormal don't think i've played the same killer that much before. Then I had 6 Huntresses with the odd Ghostface thrown in between those games...Just seems i'm going against the same 2-4 Killers everyday

Comments

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

Yeah it just get's boring playing the same Killer over and over again it's like Blight, Slinger, Huntress are the top 3 I come across all the time. I heard there was a exploit with Blight is why people are picking him...

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I play as the twins and clown. My main might gonna be the twins.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 668

Probably due to the fact that a lot of players might only have a few killers they can play well & learning a new killer basically means losing ranks, which I guess a lot of people don't like. I think if ranks were tied to individual killers you would probably see a lot more variation & people would be much more willing to try out playing different killers.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Mines usually the adorable face camping bubba I get or the wack job hill bully.

Cant remember the last time I had a game without those.

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2021

I've been playing Trickster only for the past month. I think I'm the only person that plays him like seriously in the NA region. So I run into the same people a lot, and they all hate me by now. Even quite of a bit of streamers are like oh god it's him once they see my playstyle lol.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I can’t stop getting huntresses and blights

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2021

Lots of Bubba, Spirit, and trickster for me honestly. (Midwest USA). Not the most fun

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    edited April 2021

Sometimes I may face Tricksters, Bubbas or Ghostfaces, or even Spirits.

• ItzPixelYT

Yeah the new matchmaking when we finally get it is supposed to have individual rank for each Killers, that's why you can't swap your killer when queuing anymore

• ItzPixelYT

Tbh i like going against Billys, they offer the most fun in the chases

• ItzPixelYT

I think Trickster is one of the worst Killers to go against these days, i'd rather play against a skilled Nurse..having someone spam 100 blades at you in a chase is just irritating because you can't really do anything about it

• IWasLeft2Die

Yeah it isn't the most fun counterplay. He is much less annoying than Bubba or spirit imo, but still not great

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

So last night my ritual was be chased for 2 minutes as Felix my Felix is level 5 but I accepted the challenge. I replaced one of my killer challenges hoping to get a different killer one and got heal 3 survivors which seemed odd to me as you would think they would want me to stay playing killer right now but whatever I switched over. Blight was first game and really sweaty one too slugging at 4 gens and rushing to hook like a spirit with her phase. Speaking of 2nd game was a spirit we all escaped so she did not know what she doing. First spirit I have seen that didn't phase to hook though.

• ItzPixelYT

I think because of some Dead Zones on some maps, Bubba is horrible to go against since he can just instant down you if you can't find a tile. The yeah Spirit who only has one counterplay really which is Iron Will + Walking. I think with Trickster you do get more time to get away from him but he just catches up much faster now, they need to nerf his knife basekit amount, i think he has enough knives for 8 health states...Huntress doesn't even have that.

• ItzPixelYT

That's strange, i never get survivor challenges -.- it's like the game knows and trys to force you to play the other role lol but yeah every Blight has the exact same playstyle Tinkerer, Ruin and then Snowballing hooks...with that weird J flick exploit they've been doing.

• IWasLeft2Die

Yea, plus most Bubbas I've played are camping ones so thats extra fun.

Trickster I still don't think is insanely strong but he does feel like he has too many knives. Id trade him getting less knives for making his knives have one bounce.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I see tons of Huntresses and Nurses. A few Onis, Blights and Deathslingers. Most other killers are fairly rare. I see some Tricksters and Wraiths lately for obvious reasons but I expect that to die down.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Every 1 in 2 or 3 games is a boosted hound head huntress with trash wifi and hatchet hitboxes the size of a train.

Other than that there is a good mixture of all the killers I would say. I did get an absolute ton of trickster yesterday however which did seem a bit odd.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Im a huntress main and the problem with killers like her is you have to play her all the time to stay at a decent level with her. If I don't play her for a week or play other killers and go back to her then it takes time to get back to the same level of play.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Ya I can't remember the last time I got survivor challenges not to mention 2 of them. Picked a weird time to give them now imo. Had to wait what felt like 20 minutes for a game and I was playing solo. It was one of those games you just knew was a disaster from the start team was going down every second and my 2 yellow perk Felix running around doing damage control healing/unhooking knowing it's over.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Hes crazy bro. 😳😂 like literally get a spanking from him everytime. Even if he's spawned the other side of the map. He comes over like "hey you like my chainsaw? Wanna play?" And that's it before I've even vaulted I'm face planted to the ground ! Generally quite hilarious most times tbf! But days where its annoying asf! Especially all 3 of us on the floor crawling as if we've all been on a weekend bender non stop! 😂

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326

I feel like I'm getting so many Ghostfaces. And as a colorblind player, it's murder playing against him on every outdoor map except Ormond.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If you don't want to face the same 2 killers over and over. Then stop begging for nerfs and let them buff the weaker killers.

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

This is a problem I have with the system. . . it takes so much BP to make one good killer that people pretty much have to specialize until they get over 1000 hours (and that's if they spend most of that BP on killers).

A lot of the killers people "main" were probably in a good-or-at-least-ok place when they started playing them, and now they're super invested in that one killer. Because of this you end up with large swaths of player population who joined the community at a particular time in dbd history and all main the same few killers.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I see a good variety tbh. Demo, Bubba, Myers, Nurse, GF, Wraith, Blight and Plague were all in my last 15 matches or so.

I like playing against Nurse. Playing around the blinks are fun imo.

I hate playing against Bubba. Its usually not a fun match at that point lol

• domriver
    domriver Member Posts: 142

Here in California (central region) I have come across a variety of killers. Which is nice. No complaints here. Not to say there is not your occasional ONLY GHOST FACE, ONLY THE SHAPE, and ONLY LEATHERFACE killers from time to time. lol which is annoying. lol omg especially when THE SHAPE has those add on's that enable to kill healthy survivors lol im like i guess you dont want bloodpoints LOL. But hey doesn't happen alot.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Yes. I dabble in a few Killers now and then. I'll play Trapper and sometimes Demo when I get a wild hair. But for the most part I play the same Killer all the time. When I'm a Killer, 99% of the time I'm Myers. Heck, I'm more specific than that; most of the time I'm a Spooky Myers Main. I just like the challenge of playing Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo. Sure it gives me a lot of information, but I'm slow. Of late, I've largely stopped putting in map offerings. I call doing this "riding the lightning" and take whatever comes down the pipe. It is actually pretty fun, but then again, I like HARD, sweaty games.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Play against me I only use Myers, Pig and ghostface and sometimes trapper

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

I play the same 4-5 Killers that I'm good with, but admittedly 3 of them are 'meta' being Deathslinger, Spirit and Blight (the others are Hag and Doctor). If I'm bored I'll switch it up with Nurse, Ghost Face, Pig, maybe Freddy if I'm having a bad day, or Twins.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871
  • ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

To me that's weird, I've been taking stats for a while now and actually have stats on who I've personally been running into the most. Those are Trickster (17.88% of my survivor matches), Ghost Face (6.15% of my survivor matches), and Doctor (also 6.15% of my matches).

The 3 you listed, I've seen 6 killers more than Huntress, 16 killers more than Blight (and Blight also ties with Wraith for his placement), and 18 killers more than Deathslinger (Deathslinger tying with Demo, Twins, Pyramid Head, and Plague for least seen). Which to me is strange, but different servers probably.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I play every killer - I usually try to play a different one each game.

• ItzPixelYT

Myers is so fun though on both sides, just love the chases with him.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Huntress, Spirit, Freddy, and Bubba are the ones I constantly run into.

• ItzPixelYT

Yeah it is weird that does seem to happen a lot, wonder if people do get the same daily challenges

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

It depends tbh. When I play survivor I see alot of huntresses, blight, wraith, and sometimes freddys. But I like to play a killer that I'm comfortable with the most then if I see if the games are too sweaty then I stay with that killer but if the survivors are chill I play different things.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Myers is very underated in my opinion. I love jump scare Myers