Pallets Need Balanced

So I've finally become fed up with this enough to register and make a thing about it.

The fact that killers can hit survivors while they're in the middle of pulling a pallet down and even hit them when they're on the other side is ridiculous and extremely frustrating. I've seen it happen and had it happen to me so many times that it really seems to be a problem.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Comments

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

To be fair I am not sure what the current state of pallets is anymore. After the last patches where they for example made pallets to stun the killer supposedly when they are pulled down and also made survivors invisible when unhooked until they gain control over their character things went really dark. During the halloween event lots of things got bugged but only few were fixed. For examaple the hook invis is currently gone and noone is even mentioning it like #########... I won't be suprirised if the pallets are just back to some shity state, have not paid attention myself recently cause usally ping is the major factor for most of the stupid hits - like you already on the other side of a window yet you get hit

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited November 2018
    Every time I see these kind of posts I can't stop thinking " am I the only one that can see the hit coming depending on the killer distance?"

If the killer is too close I know if I put down the pallet I'm gonna get hit. Am I a god or the OPs of these threads never look back during chases?

Seriously, I really don't know how you don't expect that. When I get hit through the pallet the only thing I think "f*** I messed up", same for vaults. Just look back and think what would be the best to do.
    Too close? Try go juke, killers have an awful FoV
    Too distant? get in positions to loop
    He must lunge to hit you? Drop the pallet

Ez
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

@Zaluli said:

YES!

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Zaluli said:
    So I've finally become fed up with this enough to register and make a thing about it.

The fact that killers can hit survivors while they're in the middle of pulling a pallet down and even hit them when they're on the other side is ridiculous and extremely frustrating. I've seen it happen and had it happen to me so many times that it really seems to be a problem.

Yea, totally crap… pallets are supposed to be magical forcefields. After they get dropped they should be totally save. Killer should totally get stunned by them every time. Survivor need them to survive.
    And we need more pallets on every map.
    Plz give back the vacuum!

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Sry for my bad english.

I just copy and paste some thing from me:
    Example:
    The Killer is behind you and his weapon is infront of the survivors hitbox.
    Befor the weapon hits you, you activated the animation for stunning the killer with a pallet.
    While you do this animation, the weapon from the killer is inside of the survivor hitbox.
    The survivor hit the killer with the pallet and the killer hit the survivor with his weapon.
    Both things will happen.
    Killer is stunned and the killer hit the survivor with his weapon.
    This is absoluty fine.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Taking the length of a killers arm and weapon into consideration,  I think the only safe point of a pallet should be completely on the other side. In what horror movie does the killer not try to reach over for his victims. Isn't the entity's game void of safety with only momentary escape to keep hope alive?
  • G4rr3tt
    G4rr3tt Member Posts: 43

Man welcome to the new dead by daylight, where solo survivors are actually called the slaughtered and killers complain they are still way too op, even tho there are like what, 5 or 6 pallets per maps, window vaults are slow, and the only viable tactic to actually escape is doing gen rush, which is the most unfun garbage i ever had to do as survivor. Yikes

• Wolf74

@G4rr3tt said:
    Man welcome to the new dead by daylight, where solo survivors are actually called the slaughtered and killers complain they are still way too op, even tho there are like what, 5 or 6 pallets per maps, window vaults are slow, and the only viable tactic to actually escape is doing gen rush, which is the most unfun garbage i ever had to do as survivor. Yikes

Maybe you should count the pallets again. 5 or 6 pallets per map…?? Serious?
    Maybe you should start playing some killer.
    As a survivor you only notice the 5 or 6 pallets YOU used, but the killer notices all the 5 or 6 pellets EACH survivor used.

• G4rr3tt
    edited November 2018

Maybe> @Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:

As a survivor you only notice the 5 or 6 pallets YOU used, but the killer notices all the 5 or 6 pellets EACH survivor used.

Maybe i should start playing as killer? i got to rank 6 as killer without using ruin or noed, as a crappy pig, if u dont face swf, playing against solo players who are not organized and start panicking over 1 hooked dude is easy, it's a simple fact, and 5 or 6 pallets per survivor? lmao i bet you are one of those killer mains who still cries the game is hard, stop playing as freddy my boi.

EDIT: I forgot to say, survivor hitbox is bigger than russia, clap clap :)

• Wolf74

@G4rr3tt said:
    Maybe> @Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:

Maybe i should start playing as killer? i got to rank 6 as killer without using ruin or noed, as a crappy pig, if u dont face swf, playing against solo players who are not organized and start panicking over 1 hooked dude is easy, it's a simple fact, and 5 or 6 pallets per survivor? lmao i bet you are one of those killer mains who still cries the game is hard, stop playing as freddy my boi.

Sorry, but again, your "facts" are "fake news".
    Just go play Doc and use an Order add on.
    Near the end of the match you can take a look around and count all the illusionary pallets.
    For people who can actually COUNT, any killer will do... just use BS+End and break every dropped pallet asap and just COUNT!
    5-6 pallets per survivor are not really an exaggerated guess.
    Anybody can count it for themself and see who is true about this.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Don't be greedy and go for stuns. A pallet shouldn't stun every time it's a risk vs reward scenario. A hit for a stun is a good trade, it's fine where it's at now.
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:
    Maybe> @Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:

Near the end of the match you can take a look around and count all the illusionary pallets.
    For people who can actually COUNT, any killer will do... just use BS+End and break every dropped pallet asap and just COUNT!

5-6 pallets per survivor? You mean to suggest that there are 20-24 pallets per map? I can guarantee if you were to actually go in and count, that would not be the case.

• Zaluli
    Zaluli Member Posts: 9

Not to mention vaulting through windows seems to have slowed down horribly too. It's blurg. With each new killer added to the pot, playing gets harder and harder. I wouldn't be surprised if people stopped playing altogether due to obvious balancing issues.

• Wolf74

@DexyIV said:

@Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:
    Maybe> @Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:

5-6 pallets per survivor? You mean to suggest that there are 20-24 pallets per map? I can guarantee if you were to actually go in and count, that would not be the case.

Feel free to do it and post your count… maybe you can prove me wrong by taping your games and show us the footage.
    I would highly doubt that you can find any map with "5 or 6 pallets".

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@Wolf74 said:

@DexyIV said:

@Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:
    Maybe> @Wolf74 said:

@G4rr3tt said:

Feel free to do it and post your count… maybe you can prove me wrong by taping your games and show us the footage.
    I would highly doubt that you can find any map with "5 or 6 pallets".

I never claimed to be able to find a map with 5-6 pallets, YOU are the one that suggested that you have experienced 20-24 pallets (5-6 pallets/survivor) as it is "not really an exaggerated guess". I said there is no way there are that many pallets in any map, not that there are that few pallets. I suggest you read a bit more into what people say before trying to poke holes in their statements.

• G4rr3tt

Man wolf, there USED to be a lot of pallets, wont deny that, even before the spirit, there were many pallets, but what's the problem right now, killers got a combo that's really strong, aka enduring + spirit fury, i see experienced killers running that along with ruin and noed, and they legit get 4k everytime, even without using noed, cus looping gets almost impossible against those perks, even more if u have a map that doesnt have many pallets, do u know hich map still has a good amount of pallets? autoheaven, but i mean, lerys memorial? asylum? the game even sometimes lack pallets at the exit gates, which is a great loop, so yeah, those 2 perks along with a massive nerf on pallet numbers made it almost impossible to loop, so while it's impossible to loop and survive, gen rush will be a thing, i dont need to go in and count, i played enough to know there is not enough pallets now, as killer and as survivor, if u are a smart killer u can burn 5 or 6 pallets in 1 chase, even if they get done 2 or 3 gens, once u start hooking ppl the gen rush will be over, so it's 2 or 3 quick gens and then the game is over, survivors dont have pallets to loop, so they get insta downed. That's just how the game is, again if you are playing as killer and ur getting looped, stop playing as freddy shake my head lmao

• Wolf74

You seriously wanna tell me there are not enough pallets?
    Just today I played a match with Doc using Order and I turned in place and counted 10 illusionary pallets on Suffocation Pit and I only chased and used pallets on ONE side of the map and even on that side there had been even several pallets not dropped!
    So don't try to sell me that crap.
    And if the killer is using TWO perks to counter the still insane amount of pallets that get looped, he has all the right to get an edge on you looping.
    That combo only works every 3 pallets IF the timing is right.
    No need to speak from days "past"... there NEVER was a real reduction in the amount of pallets.
    That's a survivor myth.

• kazzymoyashi
    kazzymoyashi Member Posts: 127
    Wolf74 said:

Just today I played a match with Doc using Order and I turned in place and counted 10 illusionary pallets on Suffocation Pit and I only chased and used pallets on ONE side of the map and even on that side there had been even several pallets not dropped!
    And if the killer is using TWO perks to counter the still insane amount of pallets that get looped, he has all the right to get an edge on you looping.
    No need to speak from days "past"... there NEVER was a real reduction in the amount of pallets.
    That's a survivor myth.

Okay, so break the damn pallets. if you're getting looped that badly, just give in and break the pallet. And then, if they find another one and you're struggling... GO FIND ANOTHER SURVIVOR. It's really not a hard concept. I never run Enduring or Brutal strength and I get along just fine and don't get looped. All you need to do is know when to end the chase.
  • Wolf74

@kazzymoyashi said:
    Wolf74 said:

That's a survivor myth.

Okay, so break the damn pallets. if you're getting looped that badly, just give in and break the pallet. And then, if they find another one and you're struggling... GO FIND ANOTHER SURVIVOR. It's really not a hard concept. I never run Enduring or Brutal strength and I get along just fine and don't get looped. All you need to do is know when to end the chase.

lol
    "Just break the pallet" serious?^^
    "Just find another survivor"?
    That TWO of the worst survivor memes in the community, dude.^^

You don't even seem to know what "looping" actually is.

• kazzymoyashi
    kazzymoyashi Member Posts: 127
    Wolf74 said:

@kazzymoyashi said:
    Wolf74 said:

That's a survivor myth.

lol
    "Just break the pallet" serious?^^
    "Just find another survivor"?
    That TWO of the worst survivor memes in the community, dude.^^

You don't even seem to know what "looping" actually is.

You know, you don't even properly respond to the response. All you do is attack and target people instead of putting effort into your response. Get off the forums if you're just going to gripe about how 'bad' killers have it. I get rank 1 killer every rank reset. It's easy if you just play with an appropriate build and play smart, which clearly, you do not do. Do you play survivor? If no, I suggest that you do because it teaches you A LOT about loops and how to counteract them as a killer. Maybe try an insta-down killer since you can't seem to play other killers like the Doc and Freddy...Or maybe go to console where it's easier ;)
  • Wolf74

You just drop some memes and call me out for not seriously responding?
    "Just break the pallet" is no proper respond to the looping-issue.
    And the same is true for "just find another target", because at high ranks ALL survivor will loop.
    Non of your answers (have that even been answers?) are real solutions… not even tips or hints, because they are at least 50% completely WRONG.
    And you dare this in a thread about "not enough pallets"??

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    If the killer goes for a cheeky lunge then just keep running through the pallet, if you throw it down too early then you will be looked in the animation and the killer can get a free hit off.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Try putting the pallet down faster?
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    There is an achievement. So its a mechanic
  • strikingearth26
    strikingearth26 Member Posts: 35

I watch a streamer who made a character out of one of the survivors, one being "pallet peggy" aim of the game is to drop every pallet on the map, some maps have less than 10 pallets, others have around 14-15. never more than 15 though. just an FYI.

• Wolf74

@strikingearth26 said:
    I watch a streamer who made a character out of one of the survivors, one being "pallet peggy" aim of the game is to drop every pallet on the map, some maps have less than 10 pallets, others have around 14-15. never more than 15 though. just an FYI.

Show a source for that.

• strikingearth26

this streamer. go through his videos and find pallet peggy, (or on his youtube channel )

• Wolf74

@strikingearth26 said:
    this streamer. go through his videos and find pallet peggy, (or on his youtube channel )

Don't be lazy. I am not the one that has to go through his streams. Search it for yourself and show it if you want to proof anything.

• Malakir

Wrong. The minimum is 15 per map, it took 30s on google to look it up
  • Wolf74
    edited December 2018

I just watched 2 videos from that guy and for sure I won't give that toxic sh*thead not any more views.
    In one video he alone threw down 16 pallets and in the other 14 and there had been some more that have been seen still upright, not counting any pallets the rest of the team might have used.
    So can we plz agree that this douchbag isn't NOT confirming your point?

And btw streamer like this should get banned for good.

• strikingearth26

you're the one claiming there are 20 + pallets every map, why not go and count them yourself in your next game, there is no where near 20 on any map. some maps do have more than others, but there are some maps with only 6-7 pallets on whole map!

• Malakir

you're the one claiming there are 20 + pallets every map, why not go and count them yourself in your next game, there is no where near 20 on any map. some maps do have more than others, but there are some maps with only 6-7 pallets on whole map!

OK you like ignoring posts. As I said look it up on google, it took 30s for me to see that EVERY MAP have a MINIMUM of 15 pallets spread out
  • Wolf74

@strikingearth26 said:

I like it how some people destroy their own credibility.^^
    That safes me some time. :P

• strikingearth26

because your too lazy to find out before claiming lies as truth... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzFaGB5DSo0&index=9&list=PLnBJdcmGWhw_pmqkq3HFAwDDJgqqR43G4 watch this

• strikingearth26

@Malakir said:
    strikingearth26 said:

With a google search, I can only find killer mains speculating on how many pallets per map and most of those were back in 2017, there has been pallet and window vault purges since then... perhaps we should ask a dev for an accurate answer.

• Malakir
    edited December 2018

@Malakir said:
    strikingearth26 said:

With a google search, I can only find killer mains speculating on how many pallets per map and most of those were back in 2017, there has been pallet and window vault purges since then... perhaps we should ask a dev for an accurate answer.

OK you can't use google

• In The Game map, set the minimum number of pallets to 15.
    Source: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patches

There you can check that even the smallest map of the game have it. There is a line where its said there is a minimum and maximum of pallets in every map. In a dev stream was been said its 15 at minimum and 20ish maximum depending on the map

So who's speculating now?

Purges of pallets? So remove ONE I say it again ONE pallet in few maps for you its pallet purge. Okay dude, get informed
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Zaluli said:

my dude you need to play killer more, then you realize that each of those pallet hits was your miscalculations over the killers prediction those pallet swings are harder than they look.

• Wolf74

The pallet distribution change removed like 1 or 2 pallets from those maps that hat a huge amount of pallets and added 2-4 pallets all maps that few pallets.
    Overall the number of pallets got buffed, but still some survivor only player believe in the myth of pallet reduction that happend some time in the past.

• strikingearth26

@Malakir said:
    strikingearth26 said:

@Malakir said:

strikingearth26 said:

OK you can't use google

There you can check that even the smallest map of the game have it. There is a line where its said there is a minimum and maximum of pallets in every map. In a dev stream was been said its 15 at minimum and 20ish maximum depending on the map

Purges of pallets? So remove ONE I say it again ONE pallet in few maps for you its pallet purge. Okay dude, get informed

that is ptb notes, and not in full effect now. will be soon. thankfully! I've seen some maps literally have no pallets in usable places, and windows boarded up that were not before.

• Malakir

@Malakir said:
    strikingearth26 said:

@Malakir said:

strikingearth26 said:

OK you can't use google

that is ptb notes, and not in full effect now. will be soon. thankfully! I've seen some maps literally have no pallets in usable places, and windows boarded up that were not before.

Omg no, its the actual chance. You wanna negate even though patch notes say so

Even when the devs mentioned it
    I was already playing when they made this change and saw it in the first hand aside all the proofs I've given

Look I can't win in a discussion real vs feel, you "FEEL" is this way? You "BELIVE" I this way? You do you. I spent even too much resources giving you facts data and sources and you keep talking about beliefs

Whatever you say dude
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Zaluli said:

no their are many others but it is a small price to play for being able to easily loop a killer i personally like this but thats because i play killer you as a survivor probably wouldn't but i respect your opinion just didn't change my own

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Zaluli said:

Here is an actual quick fix for that, drop the pallet earlier or dodge any lobby with 300+ ping.