The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ban for make the game brighter ?

Hello guys , i just want to know if you can get banned to make the game brighter . I'm blind af ...and the game for me is super dark!

This thing can be bannable ? i tried to make brighter from monitor settings , but is the same ( brightness 100% xD), and i want to use game filter from nvidia ..is it safe to use ?

Comments

• Parazitul
    Parazitul Member Posts: 20

ok , thx guys . I rlly appreciate it :)

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Nah you’ll be fine. At least you’re not playing on Xbox lol. Game is so dark you can barely see the red glow until the killer is a few steps away.

• missy
    missy Member Posts: 6

look up something called "FUBS RESHADE" on youtube its an app you can apply to dead by daylight and it brightens your game. It is not ban worthy.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

You'll be fine. I play on Nintendo Switch which is already a dark console, with the devs making these maps so freaking dark, it's almost impossible to see without turning tv brightness up. Seriously, I tried normal and was just running into stuff all the time and I could barely see scratch marks as killer because everything was so dark.

Thankfully the next updated realm is going to be bright so I don't need to worry about NOT being able to see on Coldwind.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Nvidia filters are directly supported by the game, so it’s almost certainly not bannable.

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    edited April 2021
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206
    edited April 2021

Graphics: Low

Nvidia filter: Brightness, Sharpness

You might need to mess with saturation for scratch marks if you go too bright though. Changing your resolution will make it brighter too.

Zero risk for a ban. You aren't altering the game itself. Unless they plan on banning Nvidia gpus.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Considering popular streamers use filters to see survivors easier it’s not bannable. They even made him a frog whisperer for a while.

• xxiStezzy
    xxiStezzy Member Posts: 58

No it's not bannable. You're not cheating, so I don't see why it would be. If it helps, there's a feature in NVIDIA that allows you to make look more colorful and brighter. I use it and it makes my game look way better! This might help you:

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I am fairly confident in saying no one has ever been banned for something like a filter. My twitter feed is full of people posting clips of their games using filters. Tons of streamers use filters. Behavior is not banning people for anything short of repeated blatant hacking programs, really. If anyone claims they got banned for stuff like this, I'd certainly demand evidence from them.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743
  • PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    edited November 2021

If they would ever ban for that, then they completely failed as a company.

Just because I have good monitor with natural black color I can't see anything in game unless I use some software to change how the game looks. If the game does not offer these options then it cannot be bannable.