The Executioner addon changes

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781
edited April 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Like what I did with the Oni addons, I wanted to rework some of the more useless or underwhelming addons for the Executioner, but only make them more useful and not OP. He is a strong killer, but good addons won't completely break him. He can definitely be dealt with even with addons.

Pyramid head for a strong killer, does not have that many good addons to back him up aside from the range addons. I thought I would tend to this problem.

Addon changes:

Leopard print fabric: Uncommon addon

• Hitting a survivor with punishment of the dammed will inflict the mangled and hemorrhage status effect on them until healed.

Misty Day, Remains of Judgment: Rare addon

• Hitting a survivor with punishment of the dammed will inflict the broken status effect the "broken" status effect on them for 45 seconds
  • Hitting a survivor with punishment of the dammed will reveal their aura to you for 4 seconds.

A simple buff to an otherwise useless addon. Not too shabby.

Recharge addon changes:

Dead butterfly (common):

• It now takes 2 seconds instead of 3 to send a survivor to the cage of atonement or kill a survivor using final judgement.

Forgotten videotape (uncommon):

• The aura's of survivors sent to the cage of atonement will not be revealed to the other survivors for 20 seconds.

Valtiel sect photograph (rare):

• You gain the undetectable status effect for 30 seconds each time you send a survivor to the cage of atonement or perform final judgement.

Egg addons: Very rare

Rust-colored egg: Very rare

• A survivor who has been rescued from a cage of atonement will suffer from the broken status effect for 45 seconds.
  • Survivors who rescue a survivor from the cage of atonement have their aura revealed for 5 seconds.

Scarlet egg: Very rare

• Healthy survivors who are hit by the punishment of the dammed attack will be afflicted with the deep wound status effect.

Lost memories book: Very rare addon

• Survivors that step on your rites of judgement have their aura's revealed to you for 5 seconds
  • Survivors suffer from the oblivious status effect for 45 seconds when stepping on your rites of judgement

This one still seems weak, feel free to come up with your own suggestion.

CRIMSON CEREMONY BOOK: VERY RARE ADDON (IDEA FROM @XTR4ME)

• The punishment of the dammed attack can now break through breakable walls and pallets.

Obsidian goblet: Ultra rare

• (Pending)

Iridescent seal of metatron: ultra rare

• When sending survivors to a cage of atonement, the aura's of all tormented survivors are revealed to you for 6 seconds.
  • A survivor who rescues another survivor from the cage of atonement while being under the effect of torment will not have it removed

I need some help with the obsidian goblet addon, I have no idea what it could do while not being OP. I think it should be something that buffs the Executioner rather than acting as a utility for more variety in his ultra rare's.

With that I come to a close with yet another addon pass of my own. As always, feel free to add your own ideas if they seem good enough or critique mine.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

The idea for the Crimson book should be an ultra rare IMO

• Yords

I don't know. It does nothing on windows other than hitting the survivor and is still somewhat situational. Survivors already drop pallets early against an Executioner and they tend to just hold W. I think this is worthy of a very rare addon.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

The aura's of survivors sent to the cage of atonement will not be revealed to the other survivors for 20 seconds.

Trust me this is powerful than it may seem at first sight, ESPECIALLY in solo queue. Definitely not an uncommon

• Yords

Really? If they are paying attention, then they should know the general location of the caged survivor. They can also hear them very well once they are close enough.

What about 10-15 seconds instead?

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Honestly, I think he should have an add-on that makes it so trails he leaves disappear after 3 seconds, but successful basic attacks give you killer instinct on the survivor you hit, and successful hits with Punishment of the Damned inflict Torment.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited April 2021

I like these ideas.

An idea I have for Obsidian Goblet is an insta-down add-on. I know I know, it probably sounds dumb, lazy, and broken, but hear me out:

An ancient looking goblet carved from pure obsidian.

• Rites of Judgement can no longer be cancelled during chases.
    • Survivors hit by Punishment of the Damned are put into the Dying State during chases.
    • Reduces The Executioner's base Movement speed to 4.4 m/s

The idea of this add-on is to reward Pyramid Heads for landing their Rites of Judgements without cancelling it. However, this removes his ability to zone by cancelling his Rites of Judgement and lowers his speed down to 4.4m/s, which pretty much changes some of his gameplay. Whaddya think?

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

I would say for the ultra rare,

Hitting survivors with Punishment of the Damned afflicts survivors with Torment.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

The spammability of his power combined with the zoning + breaking the pallet will make it incredibly oppressive

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Last Ultra Rare.

Punishment of the Damned leaves a trail of torment.

• Yords
    edited April 2021

That would easily be way too powerful. You could send someone to the cage, camp it at 6ish meters and just spam your punishment of the dammed attack when they are saved to torment them again and repeat. It might only get one kill, but it would be like a new basement bubba sort of thing to do.

• Yords

I think that is too weak, or too strong if it inflicts survivors with torment when hitting them with the punishment of the dammed attack.

• Yords

He is already very oppressive regardless, this does make him much stronger, but a good pyramid head will still be able to hit survivors with his shockwave no? Holding W would still be the best way to play against him too. Besides, addons are supposed to make any killer much more threatening, just look at clown's cigar box, or the Oni's lion fang.

He will also only break a pallet when survivors have already dropped it, meaning you might not get use out of it and when you do it really helps. If survivors just run through it you don't even get to use POTD, and this is just normal pyramid head gameplay. It would almost be like he wasn't running the addon.

Besides, he still has to suffer from a cooldown when using POTD. I think you can compare it to demo's shred since it also gets rid of pallets and hurts survivors. It can go through walls, but it is much more limiting than demo's shred too.

• Yords

That would make the rites of judgement ability useless though, and it would be too powerful if POTD inflicted torment on survivors because of his ability to tunnel someone off cage.

• Blueberry

Well tbh PotD leaving trails and applying Torment on hit should've been in his base kit to me.

• Yords

That would make him too strong. Imagine being tormented almost all game, it could make for some really unfun tunneling plays off of being rescued from a cage.

• Blueberry

The cage puts you on the opposite side of the map though.

• Yords

Pyramid head players can memorize the locations, or just guess their general area. It is still too strong even without including the tunneling. With torment almost always being on survivors, you could spam your ability which seems weak at first since that is not what you do, but you would never have to worry about DS or BT and could easily get through hook stages incredibly fast.

• Yords

I honestly don't know for this one. I think it seems weak on paper. You are going at a slower speed and have to know when to commit with your power. Good pyramid head players are always sticking their knife in the ground when survivors go to certain areas and this addon would severely limit when you could use POTD.

Sure, it can insta down people, but you might not even get to use it that often. Then there is the problem of it only working in chases which I assume you said that because it would encourage camping, but now you have to start a chase with a survivor as a 110% killer. The counterplay would be to break LOS and then wait for him to hit you while walking. You would take a hit, but not instantly go into the dying state

Then there is the problem of chases ending (since you are a 110% killer especially) when you are still running after a survivor.

So overall, it would be sort of a gimmick, like Billy's tuned carburetor.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited April 2021

That is a good point. I suppose the only way to make it viable is to make it so it has a 16-meter range, but make it non-stackable, I guess.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

Why aren’t there any addons that increase the width of punishment of the damned? It would make dodging in narrow areas almost impossible and still make it hard to do so when in spaces with more room.

Other than that, the goblet could make so stepping in his trials grant him a 5-10% haste effect for 20-30 seconds. Maybe even with undetectable while with the haste too. Makes it more value and forces survivors to think twice when trying to loop him.

• Blueberry

I feel that's over simplifying it.

They can memorize the general spawn of the cages all they want but they're still on the opposite side of the map. If a killer wants to tunnel he's gonna tunnel, regardless of if it can prevent BT/DS or not.

Also no, I don't believe they would be spamming PotD, that's just ridiculous. That would be extremely time inefficient and just doesn't make sense to do.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Much more creative than PH's current add-ons. At least his green and below ones are fine but the purple and red ones are just some of the most useless ones to date. Really hope he gets an add-on pass.

• Yords

Excuse my oversimplification, I am tired and probably gonna get sleep in a minute. Not really thinking all that much honestly lol.

I didn't mean the POTD, I meant the spamming of the cages. Cages are powerful not only because they can prevent BT or DS, but they are incredibly efficient at saving time. Normally, you shouldn't spam cages willy nilly because the survivor on cage will get saved quickly, robbing you of pressure, and cleanse torment off of one survivor. However, a good pyramid head with this addon will consistently hit shots and have survivors tormented most of the game.

Since the counterplay to pyramid head is holding W, you would literally be running around the map, downing people with POTD, and then sending them to the opposite side of the map. This is another issue since you wouldn't ever have to use rites of judgement to inflict torment on survivors.

Tunneling or camping cages is similar to bubba basement camping with insidious though, you literally cannot do anything to save the person being sacrificed and I can definitely see this being another very unfun tactic that people do.

• Blueberry

I'd actually near call the cages neutral on time. At face value they are "supposed" to save you time until you realize the extra time you wasted to get people Tormented in the first place basically negates what you saved. Realistically against good survivors you aren't getting that many people Tormented in a match. It's so few that you only generally end up using the cage at a time someone was just unhooked to avoid a potential DS for the most part. The cage is also giving up any hook pressure. I'm not saying the cages are bad necessarily, just simply that how good they are is generally way over exaggerated. Would it really matter if there were a lot more survivors Tormented all game? I don't think it would be that big of a deal and would actually give PH more chances to use his cages strategically rather than just here and there to avoid a DS.

"Since the counterplay to pyramid head is holding W, you would literally be running around the map, downing people with POTD, and then sending them to the opposite side of the map. This is another issue since you wouldn't ever have to use rites of judgement to inflict torment on survivors."

I think this is making it sound way easier than it is in reality. I still think you'd use rite of judgement a lot as his PotD is quite avoidable.

"Tunneling or camping cages is similar to bubba basement camping with insidious though, you literally cannot do anything to save the person being sacrificed and I can definitely see this being another very unfun tactic that people do."

I mean if they are sent to the opposite side of the entire map that's a lot of time to get a safe rescue before he could get over there. At least in this case he can't immediately camp you which is what would happen if you were on a hook and then he'd just camp you on the ground till your DS wore out.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Is the obsidian goblet one up for suggestions is that why its pending, either way here is my suggestion for an addon

Obsidian Goblet: Activating punishment of the dammed now causes a lunge before the punishment of the dammed attack (the lunge does no damage)

Basically its extra mobility and free camera control before your punishment of the dammed attack which can be used to gain distance on a survivor or flick the camera more easily with a punishment of the dammed attack

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

Or maybe have it fully deplete trails of torment from one use

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I don't mean to sound rude but Crimson would either be completely useless for one reason:

You don't want to break pallets as him.

Sure, some God pallets like Shack you'll want broken but most pallets you want dropped for really easy zoning and hits. Having POTD auto break them would remove all of the bonus of that and be genuinely worthless and make the Killer weaker.

Also, say you're trying to use it on Saloon's top floor, you could miss and suddenly youve opened up an infinite. That'd suck

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Pretty decent ideas, way better than what we have already. His current addons put me off playing him much, I don't need a killer to have massively strong addons but I gotta insist on interesting ones

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Well the idea was to essentially change the way his power worked. Sort of how Scratched Mirror changes how Meyers works.