The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Character remodeling

This may come off as harsh or rude but I genuinely don't care at this rate. Why? Why are the character models being changed? does bhvr not learn their lesson or what? You would assume they would learn from 4.5.0. Do you think bhvr should've changed them? vote here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/1HjeuTW9SpxK-d6JcbxC4kuYx5sgmraNAx7E3uGahAjA/edit

Comments

• Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc
    Jane_Is_Mega_Thicc Member Posts: 137

Personally I’m fine with the remodeling, as long as they fix the many bugs there are when the upcoming patches arrive.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited April 2021

Today's character models and environment set a high bar that make the old models look out-dated, so yes I am personally ok with this.

I am not going to get bent out of shape if they look somewhat different, I expect that in the new look. As long as they stay true to their characteristics I am fine with it. Meg's red hair missing for example, I am not ok with that, same with her eyes looking a bit off. They did say this was a WIP though, so my guess is more changes are coming.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Why not? It's 2021!it's been nearly 5 years its about time character doesn't look like made in 2005 y'all really complain about anything they do

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hm? What should they have learned from 4.5?

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I'm all for the graphical update. The TC doesn't seem to understand that the game is 5 years old, a game of this style is usually moved on from in maybe 3 years max. you should be lucky it's still around at all.

Also I will repeat the question the person above me asked.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,270

Have you seen the new models? It doesn't look like anything has changed except for better textures and a little smoothing. The hair is really the only thing that stands out.

• TypicalIllusion
    TypicalIllusion Member Posts: 60

and the game is losing nostalgia and it just doesn't feel like old dbd anymore. I know these are minor changes but look at dwight

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I'm glad it's looking less like old DBD, it was a trainwreck man.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yes, many people said that the older models were outdated and needed reworks. And many people are welcoming the reworks.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,350

The team doing visual updates are not the same team that would be in charge of balance changes or bug fixes.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

The teams are different, the modeling team and bugfix team are different departments so their release schedules are different.

If anything it just shows the work ethic of the modeling team being able to remodel both the original 4 survivors, all of their cosmetics, the doctor, all of his cosmetics, and the entirety of the coldwind realm before the breakdown bug has been fixed

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I didn’t even consider that all cosmetics have to get updated for the reworks..

wonder if there will be bigger changes like what they did with Megs hair..

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I just wanted to get this out there. Nostalgia is not a good reason to be afraid to move forward. What keeps popular games popular (like CoD or Minecraft) is the fact that they're always evolving, always improving, and overall being good at what they're doing. BHVR is far from the best, but since DbD is arguably the most notable asymmetrical multiplayer game out there, it's going to be a while before the waves of bugs, toxicity, and balance imperfections become a memory.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Need new maps, not Claudette face lifts