Marsheiraa
Marsheiraa Member Posts: 18
edited September 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

At least, in theory, a neat idea I had.

Post edited by Marsheiraa on

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

hmm, this feels like Lawyer’s side ability in Identity V and I am not a big fan (Lawyer is immune to instadowns)

This would make No Mither strong yes, but No Mither needs to have high risk high reward, this just looks like high reward and medium risk due to the fact that any sort of thing inside a chase is an interaction, and making the user not grabbable during it would be problematic as then you would basically just be chasing a fake injured survivor

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,481

Thats just not balanced for a majority of the cast who can't do anything, and an action speed increase on top of that is just salt in the wound

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Problem with this is how do you play around it?

What stopoing a survivor to just start working on a gen mid chase. The endurance effect is a cool idea but it really shouldn't be that easy to activate

What i would do is make it so protection hits give you the endurance effect and slapping a cooldown on it so it isn't abused too much.

That fits with Davids whole theme of protecting others too

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I honestly just want it to have a 200% decrease in grunts of pain/breathing.

• Marsheiraa

Well, perhaps i tersely phrased it for the sake of keeping my perk from being too wordy. But I wouldn't make it work for every interaction in that sense, more like, this perk activates while performing interactions that could, letsay, pertain to Leader. So you'd still be at a grave disadvantage being injured the entire game, it gives you a bit of leeway with things like:

•  Getting unfortunately downed early by a stealth killer. Because even if you were keeping a vigilant eye, they would still gain distance much quicker while stealth, allowing for a quicker first chase. And in No Mither's usual case: the first chase is the only chase since you only take 1 hit.

• Finishing a cleanse/gen/sabo/chest/exit/heal/unhook. Make the most of every second, and sacrifice a hit. The only thing I think makes this unfortunate, is that being hit will allow for a speedy getaway, and I'm thinking this perk should be a sorta "CLUTCH OR KICK, U MUST COMMIT" kinda playstyle.

SO, further adding upon the perk, I'll also say it makes it so you don't get a speedboost from getting hit. Instead, you must brace yourself and commit to your interaction or else you won't have any reliable chance at escape.

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

Wow. Even without the action speed bonus every survivor would run this. This would be broken upon arrival as is.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I don't think survivors are hard-pressed for good perks.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

No

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Extremely broken if all survivors using it with dead hard for distance. On Haddonfield.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

Make it give you endurance after being unhooked, you lose an initial health state and are broken in exchange for 2 free health states after unhooking

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You are missing the point of WHY I suggest the change. If you have to go down once normally before it activates, the Killer does NOT know you have No Mither. That means they might just slug you now and then and you get the benefit of having No Mither. :)

As it stands, if you start the Match wounded, the Killer knows, automatically, that you have it and they don't slug you. They are going to pick you up and hook you anyway all game long. The change may require you to activate it, but on a good note, the Killer doesn't know.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

That sounds incredibly broken

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Sorry but that would be incredibly broken. You could finish repairing a generator / cleansing a totem / unhooking in the killers' face with no chance for them to counterplay.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

i have a different rework idea, i know this is just a lot of perks cramped together but hear me out:

You learn how to man the ######### up,

-No blood (doesnt even give the oni his power)

-Start the trial injured and gain the broken status effect for the rest of the trial

-You can no longer pick yourself up, but you can crawl while recovering (like tenacity but without the speed boost because whats the point if the killer knows you can pick yourself up)

-Grunts of pain are reduced by 50% normally, but if you are crouching or in a locker theyre completely gone (not even stridor trumps it)

-While on the ground, your aura is hidden

-Start with 15% base wiggle

-You heal survivors in the dying state 25% faster

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I like the endurance idea but the needs to be some changes

I you can still be grabbed if vaulting because then you would just spam vault on a bad pallet and get big distance

2 you cannot mend your self while in deep would all survivors in 16m of you will have their aura revealed

3 your grunts of pain are reduced by 100%

4 you can crawl and recover at the same time

• Moundshroud

I don't see how you get that much benefit out of the other effects of the Perk early game; most of them wouldn't really pay dividends until mid-match at the earliest. But the fix for that is easy too, i.e. stick with what I originally suggested and just have the bonuses to what you want be flat for having the Perk, activated or not.

The key problem of No Mither is that the Killer knows you have it. I think people who take it should start the match like everyone else. Once they have been downed, they stay wounded the rest of the match but can always pick themselves up. This "cover" I suggest allows No Mither to get used to actually get back up.

• Moundshroud

I understand that, and I don't begrudge you that option. Like I said, I don't see that part being a problem as being on from the start of the match. I just think the "looking injured" and the getting back up all that should activate only after being downed the first time. This way there is a proper return on spending most of the match being one-shot downed. :) While I agree slamming Generators faster is nice, I don't think is currently enough of a return on the Perk. You are one of the few people who actively uses it.

If I were to guess, you are probably a Superstar Looper.

• Moundshroud

We are in agreement then. I think that hybrid would work well.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

No Mither needs a completely different effect, my friend. Its ship has sailed.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Don't fix what isn't broken.

(See what I did there?)

• xEzekanarioX
    xEzekanarioX Member Posts: 378

Actually, this might be crazy, but what about you recover from exaustion while running? I know people will automatically think about builds focused on being injured (resilience and iron will for example), but think about it... You re exposed for all the match, with no chance of healing.

• Marsheiraa

Going along with this, I will say, changing No Mither to be secretive at first will accomplish the same thing a use of Unbreakable would have, except now you're injured for the rest of the match. Sure you could maybe do it again, but a killer will see you use it once, and they will not slug you again, so at best, you will get one lucky use out of it. Plus, that suggestions focusing on empowering the "recovery" part of No Mither. And hey, I may not speak for everyone, but I don't want another version of Unbreakable, I just want a new interesting perk to use.

Now, my idea isn't flawless, as most my ideas start as, but I hope to spark some discourse and get the ball rolling, and praying we get somewhere with it. I would love to see this game actually make more healthy changes. So I'm hoping people throw around some constructive criticism and noteworthy ideas.

• Marsheiraa

Also, as I should clarify:

My idea for No Mither would NOT activate endurance with vaults. You would have to be doing one of the many actions affected by Leader. So you'd activate it with exit gates, healing, gens, unhooks, etc.

• Marsheiraa

Crazy ideas are what I live for. I quite like that concept too. No mither needs something sizeable instead of it being used as an infinite usage Unbreakable you'll probably only get away with once. So this actually brings something creative to the table. Where you may be broken, but you can actually get away much easier.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited April 2021

Would that not enable the user repeatable access to Dead Hard in a chase? That seems like it's extremely worth the trade-off for anyone who generally does not heal anyways.

• xEzekanarioX

Indeed it does. But if i manage to do for example 3 dead hards in one life... Wouldnt be the killer kinda... bad? xD

• TAG

Not if you use each of those Dead Hards to reach the next pallet instead of just dodging hits.

• xEzekanarioX

We are still in the same scenario. If you manage to do one dead hard per loop/ jungle gym, the killer is just bad. Theres nothing else to say about all this :/

• TAG

I disagree. That would imply that there is a way to play around that. It does not take THAT much effort to give the Killer enough of a runaround to recharge Dead Hard if exhaustion always goes down.

• xEzekanarioX

My bad, then i have been playing with nintendo switch people all this time.

• TAG

The only thing I will say is that the average player in this game is bad, even in Red Ranks.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,295

No Mither is currently a terrible perk because it trades off your ability to chase, loop and stealth (While also hindering any altruism related perks your allies might equip), with the only benefit being that you can't be slugged. Which is also immediately communicated to the killer, so they know not to leave you slugged.

If you're running half a survivor, it needs some severe benefits to make it pay off. So my suggestion...

No Mither renders you immune to blindness, mangled, oblivious and hindered. You recover from exhaustion 20% faster.

It's either that kind of counterweight, or making No Mither have its own timebank where spending enough time injured or accomplishing enough stuff while injured turns it into a benefit and removes the broken effect.

• Minerrem
    Minerrem Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2021

How about instead of the endurance while doing gens or somthing, u can heal urself at same rate of self care and without a medikit to gain endurance but still stay injured