ds is too op in egc

Options

6 games in one day ds let someone escape, ds itself is fine, it counters tunneling which is nice, but ds in egc is different.

ds in egc is basically a free ticket to play as dumb as you want, you can run in and get hard read by a rank 20 killer and THEY get punished for grabbing you, survivors can play as dumb as they want without consequence, its dumb and i definetly think they need to do something to ds during the egc, but since its bhvr and it took them 4 years just to nerf ds, tell me any ways to counter ds

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    edited May 2021
    Options

Dang, but in all seriousness, I don't think it needs a further nerf, after the nerf finally made it an anti tunneling perk, any farther nerf would render it almost useless (since ds really doesn't stop tunneling anyways)

• myersmain69420Xx
    myersmain69420Xx Member Posts: 31
    Options

im not saying nerf ds in general, im saying nerf ds in egc because its just unfun to be able to play as dumb as you want and still win

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265
    Options

DS in the endgame is what DS used to be during the whole game before its nerf. If you're somehow constantly foiled by it during the last 10% of the game, there's something very wrong with your game plan as a killer.

DS is fine the way it is. If you keep getting hit by it, maybe stop going after people who got freshly unhooked or defend yourself against unhookings better.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Just take your lumps early in the game and force them to use it. It is just a stun, and no worse than a pallet if you take it early.

• Clünge
    Clünge Member Posts: 155
    Options

Please stop crying about DS

Killers have NOED for the end game collapse. Both generate a, potentially, undeserved ending to a match. They're both fine

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Nah, DS is needed to counter tunneling.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited May 2021
    Options

Camping and tunneling are too op in egc as well because they would guarantee a killer since you don't have gens to patrol.

DS becomes stronger just because what it counters becomes stronger as well in endgame.

The difference is that the killer has it basekit, while for survivors it's a perk that they must've saved for the end.

Not to mention that if it's down to 2v1 the unhook can be outright denied and 3v1 you can force a trade. 4v1 in egc? In that case the issue is not DS.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,634
    Options

"ds in egc is basically a free ticket to play as dumb as you want, you can run in and get hard read by a rank 20 killer and THEY get punished for grabbing you, survivors can play as dumb as they want without consequence, its dumb and i definetly think they need to do something to ds during the egc, but since its bhvr and it took them 4 years just to nerf ds, tell me any ways to counter ds"

What makes you say that the Survivor got "hard read" by the Killer? Like, I go down like a Rank 20 Survivor if I have DS active and want to use it. And I dont think that the Killer outplayed me, when I go down near a Pallet without using my Dead Hard, which the Killer knows I have, so that he can pick me up and get stunned by DS. It is the other way around.