To be honest, I think The Pig is the worst Killer in the game

Goldengeartwo
Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Yes, even worse than Freddy. 

The Pig was a Killer I used the most back when I was newer to the game. Stopped using her at around Rank 7 in favour of trying out different Killers. For a long while in Rank 1, I started using Doctor, Hag, Myers, Freddy. All Killers that I enjoy, and believe all can be relatively strong. Then, after finally acquiring all the Killer perks I wanted, I decided to go back to my roots and play Pig again. 

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

Going back to The Pig after playing other, better Killers was hard. One half of her power is an RNG-based minor inconvenience. The other is good for nothing more than a potential grab off a gen at the start of the match where your vision is abscured and your movement is slow, zero terror radius doesn't compensate for the weak awareness and map pressure and the RBT to slow the game down depend entirely on chance (mostly with them getting taken off in 1 box). And oh boy, is that Ambush bad. 9 times out of 10 it is better to just stand up and attack...a unreliable mindgame around palettes against a weak survivor is the only use for it.  

It also doesnt help that i personally find Pig boring to play. Because one half of her ability doesn't require much input on your end and the other half is so niche, you're walking around as a basic Killer with no power. This means you get looped HARD. Of course I use Enduring, Bamboozle and Spirit Fury to counteract this, but it doesn't make it any less boring and frustrating. 

So yeah. My two cents on The Pig. I honestly enjoy playing Freddy more than her, and believe that he is actually better, even if not by a large margin. I'll be happy to play other, better and more fun Killers who can handle skilled SWF groups much better. Really hope there are buffs planned for her, cause if you ask me? Pig is THE WORST Killer in Dead By Daylight. 

Comments

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@Goldengeartwo said:

The Pig was a Killer I used the most back when I was newer to the game. Stopped using her at around Rank 7 in favour of trying out different Killers. For a long while in Rank 1, I started using Doctor, Hag, Myers, Freddy. All Killers that I enjoy, and believe all can be relatively strong. Then, after finally acquiring all the Killer perks I wanted, I decided to go back to my roots and play Pig again. 

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

Going back to The Pig after playing other, better Killers was hard. One half of her power is an RNG-based minor inconvenience. The other is good for nothing more than a potential grab off a gen at the start of the match where your vision is abscured and your movement is slow, zero terror radius doesn't compensate for the weak awareness and map pressure and the RBT to slow the game down depend entirely on chance (mostly with them getting taken off in 1 box). And oh boy, is that Ambush bad. 9 times out of 10 it is better to just stand up and attack...a unreliable mindgame around palettes against a weak survivor is the only use for it.  

It also doesnt help that i personally find Pig boring to play. Because one half of her ability doesn't require much input on your end and the other half is so niche, you're walking around as a basic Killer with no power. This means you get looped HARD. Of course I use Enduring, Bamboozle and Spirit Fury to counteract this, but it doesn't make it any less boring and frustrating. 

So yeah. My two cents on The Pig. I honestly enjoy playing Freddy more than her, and believe that he is actually better, even if not by a large margin. I'll be happy to play other, better and more fun Killers who can handle skilled SWF groups much better. Really hope there are buffs planned for her, cause if you ask me? Pig is THE WORST Killer in Dead By Daylight. 

You waste 3 perk slots to make up for bad pallet looping and chasing ability instead of using those slots to slow down the game, get insta downs, cause blinds, slow gens, or even track for surprise plays. And you wonder why she feels bad.... you're playing her like the trapper, and she isn't the trapper....

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited November 2018

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

If she's the worst, why you're using The Pig Avatar? XD

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@GhostrickSpecter said:

Zing !!!!

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    LF without addons is laughing at you.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Vietfox said:

He does that with or without addons really.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited November 2018
    powerbats said:

@Vietfox said:

He does that with or without addons really.

@powerbats
     LF with yellow and green speed addons is pretty cool though
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    LF was the first hero (killer) I leveled to 50.

He's great. Straightforward, honest gameplay.

Camp when you camp. Tunnel when you tunnel. And blow through survivors like they are tissue paper.

That said....now that I have played so many others....

I still like him when I want to soak up some post game salt for my sore muscles.

Pig is fun too....just VERY hit or miss for me.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I really feel like her ambush should cause a bleedout timer when a survivor gets hit with it.

• Goldengeartwo

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

That doesn't make any sense. 
  • Goldengeartwo

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

You waste 3 perk slots to make up for bad pallet looping and chasing ability instead of using those slots to slow down the game, get insta downs, cause blinds, slow gens, or even track for surprise plays. And you wonder why she feels bad.... you're playing her like the trapper, and she isn't the trapper....

Try facing skilled SWF and you'll see why being built for loops is useful, especially on Killers with weak powers or powers that don't help in the chase. 
  • GhostrickSpecter
    edited November 2018

@Goldengeartwo said:
    GhostrickSpecter said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

That doesn't make any sense. 

That's a joke, bro...Can't believe you didn't get it...

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

No, sorry. You're wrong.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

If you got to rank 7 with her, she's clearly not that bad of a killer. Try getting from rank 20 - rank 7 with freddy.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@Goldengeartwo said:
    PigMainBigBrain said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

Try facing skilled SWF and you'll see why being built for loops is useful, especially on Killers with weak powers or powers that don't help in the chase. 

<---------PIG MAIN

BIG BRAIN!!!

You don't need to be built for loops to kill SWF groups, I've done it on plenty of occasions and I build 0 perks for loops. The only thing you need to do as pig is to learn how to mind game pallets. And all you need is 1 add on...combat straps.. The most basic add on and cheapest and you likely have dozens of them. If you're building NOTHING BUT pallet perks but lack the ability to loop pallets and get quick downs without those perks, you're....you're just stunting your growth. You start every match with 4 ruins, and vs certain SWF groups 1 helmet is enough for them to stop gens entirely giving you free reign to degress gens get insta downs, get several hooks, slug, and do all kindsa ######### in between that time. Time being the ultimate factor when you're playing the pig. I can stunt my games into lasting 28 minutes.... I haven't had time to calculate the longest match I've been able to drag out, but that was the latest one from an SWF group that ended in a 4k. And I run goofy perks like knock out, sloppy butcher, thanatophobia, bitter murmer, noED, caulrophobia, nurses calling, overcharge, distressing, haunted ground, literally I run every perk except!!! Perks that revolved around pallets.

You just have to think outside of the box and put survivors hands INSIDE of the box my friend.

• Goldengeartwo

@Goldengeartwo said:
    PigMainBigBrain said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

<---------PIG MAIN

BIG BRAIN!!!

You don't need to be built for loops to kill SWF groups, I've done it on plenty of occasions and I build 0 perks for loops. The only thing you need to do as pig is to learn how to mind game pallets. And all you need is 1 add on...combat straps.. The most basic add on and cheapest and you likely have dozens of them. If you're building NOTHING BUT pallet perks but lack the ability to loop pallets and get quick downs without those perks, you're....you're just stunting your growth. You start every match with 4 ruins, and vs certain SWF groups 1 helmet is enough for them to stop gens entirely giving you free reign to degress gens get insta downs, get several hooks, slug, and do all kindsa ######### in between that time. Time being the ultimate factor when you're playing the pig. I can stunt my games into lasting 28 minutes.... I haven't had time to calculate the longest match I've been able to drag out, but that was the latest one from an SWF group that ended in a 4k. And I run goofy perks like knock out, sloppy butcher, thanatophobia, bitter murmer, noED, caulrophobia, nurses calling, overcharge, distressing, haunted ground, literally I run every perk except!!! Perks that revolved around pallets.

You just have to think outside of the box and put survivors hands INSIDE of the box my friend.

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

I know how to play The Pig, friend. 
  • Goldengeartwo
    MrMyers said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

If you got to rank 7 with her, she's clearly not that bad of a killer. Try getting from rank 20 - rank 7 with freddy.

Well, I do play Freddy at Rank 1. 
  • Goldengeartwo

@Weederick said:
    Pig is one of the best midtier killers. She does everything other midtier killer do, like a swiss knife. Antiloop like clown, stealth like wraith, grabs like myers, stalls like doctor. All in one package, but she takes practice. She's one of the killer that you would intuitively use wrong.

Exactly! The Pig is one of the Killers that has so much potential if you play her well! Her Ambush can turn a safe loops into a free hit, and if they don't abandon that loop, then that's a free-down as well! Her Mind Game Potential is crazy, plus she's shorter than most of the Killers so she gets even more Mind Game Potential! She can crouch as well and get stealth to Generators, which means you can get an initial hit! She won't get yanks but she will get an initial hit for free, which means chases overall shorter. Her Reverse Bear Traps can force the Survivors do nothing but to search for Jigsaw Boxes, allow her to insanely slow the game down better than any other Killers!

We clearly do not play against the same caliber of Survivors. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@Goldengeartwo said:

Good grief is she AWFUL. 

The fact that a number of killers need to waste perk spots to make up for their lack of anti-loop skills is why the killer list is unbalanced.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    The pig is fine, want to do an anti loop? Occupy the pallet, take it hostage and crunch, fake and ambassador left for example and turn right rapidly.done, you hit that survivor, grats

I'm happy to have bought the pig, her mind games are fun to execute as well as her power to slow down the game and keep them busy. Sometimds even catching them while trying to get that "hat" off while the box laugh at them giving sound notification even if way too quiet in my opinion

Anyway right now she's cool, maybe need some tweaks I you wanna push her in higher tier but overall she has everything you need
  • GhostrickSpecter
    edited November 2018

@Goldengeartwo said:

We clearly do not play against the same caliber of Survivors. 

I can savely say you're just don't like The Pig, not becuz she's bad!

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited November 2018

@Malakir said:
    The pig is fine, want to do an anti loop? Occupy the pallet, take it hostage and crunch, fake and ambassador left for example and turn right rapidly.done, you hit that survivor, grats

I'm happy to have bought the pig, her mind games are fun to execute as well as her power to slow down the game and keep them busy. Sometimds even catching them while trying to get that "hat" off while the box laugh at them giving sound notification even if way too quiet in my opinion

Anyway right now she's cool, maybe need some tweaks I you wanna push her in higher tier but overall she has everything you need

Her dash effect is heavily map dependent too many safe loops make it unhitable with a long cd on hit or miss that makes that makes m1ing the survivor better and if survivors run away from the loops into another loop your back to square one.Boxes being rng is inexcusable I don't get how some people will defend how you can lose a head trap on the first box that's crap game design plain and simple. Make it so two keys are required for the traps. make her dash cover more ground and have the same cd as normal m1

Post edited by Zarathos on
  • Aluna
    Aluna Member Posts: 66
    I love this pig, even in the higher ranks. If you play her right, you can control the map with her basically. My trick is to slow the game and control it to my benefit. With the reverse bear traps and having survivors run around taking them off so I always let them go off the hook when they have a trap (add a mori with that strategy, easy kills and i also run aura reading perks and use add ons to give status effects to slow them down when healing, which gives you more time either to find them or gen patrol, mix that with nurses calling, bam your golden. You said something about pallets, like almost most other killers its about those mind games , think like a survivor would in times like that, odds are you will down them or at least hit them. I have more fun playing the pig more than any other killer. 
  • Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

@Aluna said:
    If you play her right, you can control the map with her basically. My trick is to slow the game and control it to my benefit.

Congratulations, you are using the traps to buy yourself time to kill survivors with a vanilla killer that has no power. The crouch+charge is so bad it does essentially nothing unless you run addons to improve them in which case your traps become worse.

(add a mori with that strategy, easy kills

Ebony Moris make any killer good. If you have to run moris to make a killer good, then that killer is bad.

i also run aura reading perks and use add ons to give status effects to slow them down when healing, which gives you more time either to find them or gen patrol, mix that with nurses calling, bam your golden.

At this point you can just play Wraith with the same perks and be more efficient. Cloak (and especially the bonus speed to move around the map) > crouch+dash. If you get spotted while approaching as Wraith you would be spotted while using Pig as well most of the time.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited November 2018

@Goldengeartwo said:

Clearly, you don't.

@Madjura said:

@Aluna said:
    If you play her right, you can control the map with her basically. My trick is to slow the game and control it to my benefit.

Congratulations, you are using the traps to buy yourself time to kill survivors with a vanilla killer that has no power. The crouch+charge is so bad it does essentially nothing unless you run addons to improve them in which case your traps become worse.

Wait...you can't down a survivor without using your power? Then you're probably bad, and you are exactly what's wrong with DbD Killers: You should not NEED a power or perks at all to 4k. The power and perks should help you, not carry you. And yes i can and have backed it up with a recorded and livestreamed series of rank 1 games as a perkless no-traps trapper getting 4k after 4k. Did it as a Tier 1 EW Michael, too.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited November 2018

@Goldengeartwo said:

Clearly, you don't.

@Madjura said:

@Aluna said:

Wait...you can't down a survivor without using your power? Then you're probably bad, and you are exactly what's wrong with DbD Killers: You should not NEED a power or perks at all to 4k. The power and perks should help you, not carry you. And yes i can and have backed it up with a recorded and livestreamed series of rank 1 games as a perkless no-traps trapper getting 4k after 4k. Did it as a Tier 1 EW Michael, too.

Got a link to those?

Not saying I don't believe you, I just think it woukd be good to watch and I might learn a trick or two. Perkless, no traps trapper sounds really good.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@Weederick said:
    Pig is one of the best midtier killers. She does everything other midtier killer do, like a swiss knife. Antiloop like clown, stealth like wraith, grabs like myers, stalls like doctor. All in one package, but she takes practice. She's one of the killer that you would intuitively use wrong.

Exactly! The Pig is one of the Killers that has so much potential if you play her well! Her Ambush can turn a safe loops into a free hit, and if they don't abandon that loop, then that's a free-down as well! Her Mind Game Potential is crazy, plus she's shorter than most of the Killers so she gets even more Mind Game Potential! She can crouch as well and get stealth to Generators, which means you can get an initial hit! She won't get yanks but she will get an initial hit for free, which means chases overall shorter. Her Reverse Bear Traps can force the Survivors do nothing but to search for Jigsaw Boxes, allow her to insanely slow the game down better than any other Killers!

You can get grabs by using monitor and abuse and combat straps.

• Goldengeartwo

@Goldengeartwo said:

Clearly, you don't.

Clearly? Crouch to generators, Ambush mind-game around pallets (as weak as it is), use traps to slow the game down. It's as simple as that. She's not a complicated Killer. 

I've not deranked from Rank 1 with her yet, friend. After 3 resets, I doubt I will anytime soon. But oh boy, do I feel a heck of a lot stronger playing Doctor, Myers or Hag. 
  • Goldengeartwo

@Goldengeartwo said:

Clearly, you don't.

@Madjura said:

@Aluna said:

Some real weak Survivors those must've been. 
  • Aluna
    Aluna Member Posts: 66
    Madjura said:

@Aluna said:

(add a mori with that strategy, easy kills

Ebony Moris make any killer good. If you have to run moris to make a killer good, then that killer is bad.

i also run aura reading perks and use add ons to give status effects to slow them down when healing, which gives you more time either to find them or gen patrol, mix that with nurses calling, bam your golden.

At this point you can just play Wraith with the same perks and be more efficient. Cloak (and especially the bonus speed to move around the map) > crouch+dash. If you get spotted while approaching as Wraith you would be spotted while using Pig as well most of the time.

I'm sorry, I just using what the game gives me and i've played the wraith, not good at him yet. I get what your still saying but Honestly I like how the pig plays, I like her reverse bear traps and her add ons. I find her fun to play.
  • BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213

@Attackfrog said:

Can we please not refer to the killers as 'heroes' you're breaking my immersion and giving me PTSD.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Attackfrog said:

Can we please not refer to the killers as 'heroes' you're breaking my immersion and giving me PTSD.

But that's how I see them! Ridding the world of evil survivors, one camp at a time!