Gen rushing

2»

Comments

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Any ideas of other objectives for survivors? Seeing as gen fixing is obviously a problem for killers?

Maybe add an extra gen or 2? Or make us sit at a gen that takes longer than it already is to fix? Trust... when I'm fixing a gen I feel like I'm fixing that thing for 10 minutes bro. That's solo fixing.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Survivors need additional objectives like finding gasoline and refilling the gens. Or fixing cables.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

That would be kinda neat, make it more interesting than just sort of sitting there on the gen

• Tsulan

Longer gen times wouldn't solve the issue. Because it's just boring.

But going for other objectives, like gas cans, could spice it up.

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740

Yah I agree I was saying I like moving around for other objectives like you said rather than just sitting on a gen doing g checks

• ZoomZoomKaWaow
    ZoomZoomKaWaow Member Posts: 18

Gen rushing is ignoring totems, unhooks, and any other sub objective in order to pop 5 gens in 180 seconds or less ensuring everyone involved leaves with so few points and emblems that nobody pips. TO add on to that, the first 80 seconds of a match will generally tell you how it's gonna go. If you get at least 1 to 2 downs in the first 80 seconds, you're probably gonna win. ON the flip side, survs can easily pop 3 gens in 80 seconds instantly putting an insane amount of pressure on you

• ZoomZoomKaWaow

There certainly is a definition to it. Most people just don't realize that it pertains to just doing gens and leaving so fast that nobody gets enough emblems to rank up

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Gen rushing to me is a gen done between the time it takes to quickly down a survivor. Ive gen rushed before usually we can do around 2 gens maybe by the time the first survivor is hooked but thats with bringing good tool boxes with bnp and prove thyself.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,239

Why is survivors winning in a landslide a "gen rush". Why the negative connotation? They didn't do anything wrong just because the killer was incompetent or in over their head.

• ZoomZoomKaWaow

Because it isn't "winning in a landslide". The negative connotation comes from the fact that you punish yourself as a survivor when you do that. It's a rare case when it happens, but when it does nobody has fun. It's truly not difficult to run a killer around for 5 gens on most maps now unless you just get absolutely rekt by map RNG with pallet generation such as there only being pallets on one half of Suff Pit.

By the same logic you've employed here, Tunneling is also a pointless buzzword as it's just the killer playing efficiently. It's not a matter of double standard, it's a matter of pointing out that if someone really wanted to, they could run the killer around for long enough for all 5 gens to pop and most of the time it doesn't come down to killer competence, but rather the innate ability to chain tiles together alongside good positioning for fake out vaults and corner based movement as a survivor. For example, at the start of a match, a survivor who's good at chasing isn't going to immediately start dropping pallets, they're going to chain tiles together until they ABSOLUTELY HAVE to use the pallet to avoid getting hit. At which point it's on to the next tileset chain. Not every survivor is going to be this efficient, but the ones who are can easily run you for 5 gens

• SammiieK1991

I feel like that would be too much hassle for survivors and you'd lose alot survivors just because of that. Also, basing that round a ferocious player as the killer almost 9/10 games they're more than likely to he screwed over.

I personally think they should have at least 8 gens. As 5 gens do pop too quickly. Can easily get 3 gens done at the start of the match within 2 minutes of launching. Or maybe add 7 gens and someone has to be responsible to fix the EG switch as well?

• SammiieK1991

I wouldn't say killers are incompetent, unless you've played the killer side, understand how you're against 4 survivors. It's alot of stress and hard work. If you think by the time you've found 1 person, 3 gens are down. Before you've hooked one. Go find the other and the next gens done leaving you with a final bang of the last one.

I play both sides as you can tell by my babe Michael being my avatar. Recently tho I've played survivor just because how I feel the game is at the moment killer sides. Il get back into the swing of my main man again.

But to state incompetence is a bit harsh.

• Tsulan

Nah, i don´t think so.

If they implement a tutorial (with big messages, every time you boot DbD up, until you completed those), then people will get used to it pretty quickly.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Very simple actually.

When your game is about 5 minutes than it is clearly gen rushing.

Then you have games like I did i while back where 2 gens popped when I downed the first survivor and a 3rd right before I hooked her.

The 4th was followed shortly after, so that were 4 gens in about 3 minutes and I only had 1 hook at that time.

And usually that is a gg next match please.

That is when survivors play smart.

I got a 4k out of it only because they knew how to rush gens but not how to loop.

The didn't 3 gen themselves but were only focused on 1 single gen instead of splitting up on the gens.

But even though I managed to get a 4k out of it, the first part was also a definite gen rush.

Long story short, every game where gens are done within 5 minutes is considered gen rushing.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Unfortunately it dies exist, except not as much as some would say.

And it doesn't happen to bad killers only or killers who commit to chases to long.

I had a game where I found a survivor within 10 to 15 seconds as the game started.

She went down within 30 seconds and guess what, 2 gens popped and the 3rd right before I hooked her.

The 4th was shortly after, that was all within 3 minutes into the game.

Maybe you think that is not possible?

But yeah it is most definitely possible, toolboxes, BNP and prove thyself.

And to be clear it was as rank 1 against rank 1's.

Niw you can tell me a lot but there was no way I spend to much time on that 1st survivor I found, and there was no way for me to get from 1 side of the map to the other side of the map within the time I hook her and the 4th gen popped.

So yeah again it does exist but it isn't that much as it is said

• Tsulan

Same. Doesn´t matter how the killer plays. Even when he hooks everyone before he proceeds to go for the second hook, he gets accused of tunneling.

• SammiieK1991

It was an idea to save killer players to have a pansy fit of gen rush.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

For me its a team thatll do nothing but gens. They won't heal. They won't save. They'll loop and hold w to waste as much time as possible. And big surprise when survivors aren't doing anything else but gens. They go by very quick.