Still finding keys nearly every chest search

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Seriously fix it. Or if you cant find the cause remove keys from chests all together. Have had multiple games today alone where no key was brought in yet multiple people ended up having them both purple and iri.

Dont give me that, nothing has changed crap. Iv played this game since its release so when things change I notice it.

Comments

• Dylandal99
    Dylandal99 Member Posts: 85

the amount of literal bot players escaping every match is stupid tbh. it's annoying but if the devs see it fit then oh well

• EntitySpawn

Eh the game will die, issues after issues with bad changes with little understanding of their own game will kill it. Theres a reason the game has lost 45% Of its player base within a year.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

maybe because they didnt release an update so there wouldn't have been a bugfix?

shocking, i know, but when the game updates is when bugs get fixed.

• GoodBoyKaru

more bugs are made and the bugs you want fixed aren't but bugs are fixed when the game is updated. with the exception of the stun bug, that is.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636

Yeah, I suppose that is usually how it goes. Especially with the bugs you want fixed not getting fixed. That happens way too often.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

So long as they keep getting license characters the game won't die. Literally all the RE chapter is doing is putting fresh meat in the grinder. This has been the state of the game for several years now. It might have been Space Coconut or Tydetyme who used this metaphor.

DBD is a revolving door with new players coming in and veteran players going out.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

Patch 4.6.0 March 30, major bugs:

1. No stun on pallet drop when the killer lunge
    2. Breakdown break hooks for the rest of the game
    3. Chest now have a better chance at giving keys than Plunderer's Instinct

Patch 4.6.1 April 14, fix:

cricket sound.

It's been more than a month and nothing is fix, except the palette stun which is partially solved.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I´d worry more about the breakdown bug, than the key bug. But rest assured, none is on the patch list.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Honestly, the last 5 Keys I found were only green Keys. And other than that, I mainly find brown Items. So at least for my games, this is fixed, lol.

• GoodBoyKaru

Patch 4.6.0, March 30th

Patch 4.6.1, 14th April. Contained the following bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue that could prevent pallets from stunning killers under certain circumstances.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause pallets broken with the perk Spirit Fury to leave a collision zone behind.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Trickster from earning brutality points when injuring or downing survivors with blades.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Trickster to earn Chaser Emblem points when injuring or downing survivors with blades.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent the add-ons Inferno Wires and Tequila Moonrock from increasing the duration of Main Event.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause a small delay in the activation of the Wraith's post-uncloak speed boost.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent Decisive Strike from deactivating when a survivor unhooks another survivor once the generators are powered or the endgame collapse has started
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Pyramid Head's power cancel animation to play while charging Rites of Judgement if the charge is quickly cancelled and restarted
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Oni to have incorrect rotation speed after hitting a survivor with a demon strike attack or after a demon dash.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent survivors from hearing the sound of the Blight's slam
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent progress towards "Healthy Obsession" when healing the obsession.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent "Nerves of Steel" from properly tracking successful skill checks
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent progress towards "Near Death Experience" if multiple survivors were downed during the match
    • Fixed an issue where rank and pip changes in a public match are not correctly displayed in the Scoreboard if the user quits the Game.
    • Fixed an issue that caused invisible collisions to block players on the side of exit gates in Red Forest maps.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Swamp maps to appears darker.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor to be stuck between rocks after being hit by the Killer.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor to be able to climb on a rock in Yamaoka Estate by using Dead Hard.
    • Fixed an issue that caused Victor to pounce outside the map when facing the wall.
    • Fixed an issue that made it impossible to have a full lobby when the Party Privacy is set to 'Public' or 'Friends Only.
    • Fixed an issue where results screens sometimes do not correctly display rank and pip changes when a player quits a public match.
    • Fixed an issue where a non-friend user that joined in a public lobby can then join the private lobby if both users have not backed out to the main menu.
    • Fixed an issue with the "recently played with" feature which was not displaying players encountered during a trial.
    • Fixed an issue that could cancel the Trickster's Main Event when activated with 0 blades remaining.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Haste status effect's timer from displaying correctly when triggered by the perk Smash Hit.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the icon for the perk Smash Hit from displaying its activation state correctly
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Blight to collide with the lid of the hatch when visible and open.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to become stuck in lockers when facing the Twins if hit by Charlotte when leaving a locker held closed by Victor.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Trickster to remain stuck in the Main Event pose when performing certain actions just before entering the Main Event cooldown.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Victor to be able to pounce through vaults (pouncing over them is fine!).
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Tricker's main event from ending correctly if the Aim Blade input is held.
    • Fixed an issue that could allow players controlling Victor to see activated survivor glyphs.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent The Nurse from being slowed during her fatigue if stunned after or during a blink attack.
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent Hex: Ruin from activating when a generator is no longer being repaired if one survivor is grabbed while another is repairing
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the camera pan at the beginning of the trial to last too long
    • Various crash fixes
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the killer to not be able to pick up downed survivor on the basement stairs
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Trapper traps to clip in multiples places inside the Chapel stairs
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the hatch to not open in the Gas Heaven's garage

With the exception of the Pallet Stun Bug, these were fixed.

Patch 4.6.2... doesn't exist.

Patch 4.7.0 has yet to release.

So... your point?

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351

His Point is pretty obvious:

Three huge bugs that were in the game before 4.6.1 those being

1. No stun on pallet drop when the killer lunge
    2. Breakdown break hooks for the rest of the game
    3. Chest now have a better chance at giving keys than Plunderer's Instinct

Are still in the game when these should've been priority number one for 4.6.1.

What's your point? That they are working on other things?

Because if that's your point it's a bad one because prioritization exists.

• GoodBoyKaru

Do me a favour, my guy, and use the eyes that Mother Nature gave you (or ears, with a text reader, in case you're blind) to actually read the things I say in the thread, would you?

Bugs get fixed. They may not be the bugs you want fixed but bugs do get fixed when the game is updated.

My point is that chests are bugged and the game hasn't been updated since 4.6.1, which was half a month ago. The way OP worded their thread title ("Still finding keys nearly every chest search") implies they think something would've changed when there's been no fixes to it.

It's amazing what you can do if you actually pay attention to what other's are saying. I'd reccommend it sometime.

Should they have been priority? Yes. Were they? Maybe- it's entirely possible they were and just couldn't be fixed (even if they thought they had in one case)- or maybe not. That doesn't contradict my point in the slightest.

Sit down.

• Buckoben
    edited May 2021

May be if you cut the snark you would be a more pleasant person, just a word of advice.

When you are responding someone who made a point and then you intentionally missed the point and just posted patch notes, sure is an own.

Again to spell the point out for you THESE FIXES SHOULD'VE/SHOULD BE THE NUMBER 1 PRIOITY.

If this was any other game company other then the pallet bug (which if we are being honest here should be all hands on deck until it's fixed) they would be disabled.

• GoodBoyKaru

People have been fine to respond to me for coming up 3 years and 8,575 posts so I see no reason to change.

The person I was replying to with the patch notes missed my point by about a continent so I saw no reason to discuss it as it held no relevance (which, btw, yours doesn't :p)

If this was any other game company other then the pallet bug (which if we are being honest here should be all hands on deck until it's fixed) they would be disabled.

Then give it to any other company. We can look at a bunch of other examples of companies that tried. Gun Media with F13th? Game died. Chongming Studio with Soul At Stake? Game never even got started in the Western market (which, btw, DBD is very popular in the Eastern Market). Elastic Games with Last Year? Game died. YGGDRAZIL GROUP with HSH:S? Not out of Early Access so I don't feel like making a comment on it.

DBD, despite it's flaws, is the only game that has survived under BHVRs care. So, sure, give it to another company and watch it die.

• Buckoben
    edited May 2021

No BHVR NEEDS to GET it's PRIOTIES IN CHECK Like other companies,

If we are going to use an example Imagine if in Battlefield 5 Sniper Bullets just didn't drop. that's the pallet bug. As I said all hands on deck it would be fixed in a day.

To use a real example that happened Ubisoft have Disabled multiple characters in Rainbow 6 Siege some for weeks at time until the bug is fixed maybe we should steal business practices from Successful multiplayer genre's. (Stop excusing BHVR when the competition in their genre is worse then them (HSH devs) When their competition in other PvP multiplayer games is lightyears ahead).

I don't want another company I want BHVR TO BE BETTER.

Also Your point doesn't negate his points as you are trying to (argue?) (convince yourself of?) the companies perspective when @BananaBlooD95 is essentially saying get your S together

• BananaBlooD95

I like how the very first "fix" is still an ingame bug. And yeah one would expect major bug from 4.6.0 to be priority #1. Breakdown should be ez pz as it happen 100%. All they need to do is read their code and they will see what's wrong. Chest bug/key should also be easy, check the difference between the chest scrip with 4.6 and 4.5. Heck even the pallet one too should be easy. These kinds of bug only appear if you touch their respective script.

• GoodBoyKaru

But BHVR aren't the companies behind BFV. They're BHVR. And all other companies have failed where they've succeeded so their failures to fix bugs? Their lack of balance? It's clearly working.

To use a real example that happened Ubisoft have Disabled multiple characters in Rainbow 6 Siege some for weeks at time until the bug is fixed maybe we should steal business practices from Successful multiplayer genre's. (Stop excusing BHVR when the competition in their genre is worse then them (HSH devs) When their competition in other PvP multiplayer games is lightyears ahead).

Yeah just disable palelts alltogether. Or disable killers. Or disable lunging. What an amazing idea.

Also Your point doesn't negate his points as you are trying to (argue?) (convince yourself of?) the companies perspective when @BananaBlooD95 is essentially saying get your S together

I wasn't attempting to argue against their points because they hold no relevant to the topic. Do keep up xo

Then by all means look inside the spaghetti code, held together with blueprints and fix the chest bug or breakdown bug without removing Huntress' hatchets and making Trickster moonwalk whenever he throws knives, whilst now turning chests sideways. People "jokes" about the spaghetti code in this game for a reason- that's the very reason it's so buggy.

The thing about programming is you don't see what's wrong with it just by looking- there could be one semi-colon missing, or one thing indented slightly wrong, and the entire thing falls apart.

But if it's so easy- good news! BHVR are hiring specifically for DBD (or were until recently) and they pay exceptionally well for the development industry so give it a go.

But it isn't as easy as it looks, or sounds, especially with the blueprint base. Changing one thing there would genuinely break half the game. The foundation of DBD is made honeycomb and, as such, will break very easily.

• Buckoben
    edited May 2021

Karu I will ask you to not argue in bad faith as You and I both know we aren't idoits

and when I am saying:

"If we are going to use an example Imagine if in Battlefield 5 Sniper Bullets just didn't drop. that's the pallet bug. As I said all hands on deck it would be fixed in a day."

before this:

"To use a real example that happened Ubisoft have Disabled multiple characters in Rainbow 6 Siege some for weeks at time until the bug is fixed maybe we should steal business practices from Successful multiplayer genre's. (Stop excusing BHVR when the competition in their genre is worse then them (HSH devs) When their competition in other PvP multiplayer games is lightyears ahead)."

You know exactly what I am arguing. So don't intentional misconstrue my arguments by saying BS like

"Yeah just disable palelts alltogether. Or disable killers {Nice job sneaking the one that BHVR might actually have to do with all the others}. Or disable lunging. What an amazing idea."

Also Karu who gets decided what is relevant in a conversation about bugs. Somebody is literally telling BHVR get their ######### together and your Argument is they don't have to while yes you are "correct" you don't effect how correct everyone else is so please get off of your high horse.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited May 2021

First and foremost, I'm going to ask you to refer to me with my full name, "GoodBoyKaru". "Karu" is for people I like, and people I like only. You know, friends. If that's too difficult for you, you/yours or he/his pronouns work.

You and I both know we aren't idoits

Debatabl but I'm definitely an idiot.

You know exactly what I am arguing...

Something entirely irrelevant to my original points so, yeah, I'm gonna keep being a pedantic ######### about it.

Also Karu who gets decided what is relevant in a conversation about bugs. Somebody is literally telling BHVR get their [BAD WORD] together and your Argument is they don't have to while yes you are "correct" you don't effect how correct everyone else is so please get of your high horse.

Okay so firstly it's a donkey.

Secondly, in the overall scheme of bugs, sure. But that's not what I'm arguing for. I'm arguing for my original point which is that there hasn't been a bugfix patch for half a month so no new bugs would've been fixed in this time. Would you like to write it in bright pink next time or is this adequate?

You've managed to, once more, completely miss my point. Try reading it again and, here's a tip, aim for the northern hemisphere because you'll hit a lot closer. As fun as this has been, I'm gonna end the conversation here because honestly it's like talking to a wall, except the wall doesn't try to contradict you by talking about something completely different.

Have a good day :)

Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • BananaBlooD95

Whether or not your script is clear or well written doesn't change the fact that you will never have 50% of X scrip (let's say X=chest) mix up with Trapper and the other part with Wraith scrip. You can't break hooks by touching Trickster's scrip, they are not related/link in any way shape or form. That's just not how it work.

But by all mean, believe that all and every scrip in DBD is mix together and it's almost impossible to change or add something (because let's be honest, adding or changing a scrip there's not much difference)

• GoodBoyKaru

If you think this then you clearly don't know how coding works.

• Buckoben
    edited May 2021

Not once has my conversation drifted. My points has been form the start BHVR get your ######### together.

I have read your posts multiple times and get bits and pieces nothing definitive maybe your just terrible at explaining your points unless your point is literally they are BHVR so what they say goes. In which case what a terrible argument.

For someone who argues in bad faith all the time GoodBoy doesn't seem to fit but your constant bad faith arguments are incredible to watch as I never expect a coherent point from you but please explain your point in a single sentence so I can understand if you don't want me thinking your only point is that they are BHVR so what they say goes unless that is your point in which case don't because this

"more bugs are made and the bugs you want fixed aren't but bugs are fixed when the game is updated. with the exception of the stun bug, that is."

is a more complicated way to say

"They are BHVR so what they say goes"

Oh and Karu (you don't get to complain with the amount of insults you throw around) You being a "pedantic #########" And getting to the point of Arguing over what we are arguing about isn't pedantic it's acting in bad faith and is a terrible flaw in your character.

And you want to know how I know because the comment that I made that you are trying to pass of as pedantic is something you tried to argue yet failed to do so effectively.

and to end it BHVR get your ######### together.

Post edited by Buckoben on
  • BananaBlooD95

Funny enough, I might not code myself but looking at my friend code all the time when testing bugs in his private server of GTA SA, GTA V and other work, he keep them organized and when one particular thing doesn't work he take it out without affecting other random stuff.

How do you think BHVR was able to disable map if the map scrip was mix with other things? I guess they did some magic.

• EntitySpawn

Remind me why we are arguing? My post is about the broken keys in chests, its obviously a bug and a issue but my point is it ruins the game and needs to be addressed. Sadly I dont believe the devs will fix it unless constantly reminded, maybe if they acknowledged it then there wouldn't be an issue but when things like the no sound bug is in the game a year+ and is probably so far gone its unfixable now. Issues need to be listed and addressed asap or at best acknowledged and being worked on. Last I heard from the devs they said it wasnt an issue, which clearly isn't true. When fans and players play the game more than they do they should listen. Stop with the nerfing and unwanted changes and focus on the issues at hand. While I want content I want a working game more, keys are unfair for killers, it promotes selfish play by survivors, it ruins chests for items such as medkit, flashlight and even toolboxes which can change and improve gameplay instead of free and boring escape. Leaving bugs unaddressed and acknowledged while balancing and rewarding bad players will only kill the game, bugs ruin the fun. Bad players can get better, unbalanced isn't fun. Things that arent fun lose players...

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

I saw a nice theory made by someone. (I don't know the name)

What if Devs purposely increases the chance of keys spawning in chests to see how often they come into play and how they affect matches to then find a decent change/nerf for them.

Because I remember that keys definitely didn't use to spawn that frequently in chests as they do now.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yep its very true. Also one of the reasons on why the game is almost always on discount.. I have the game since 2016 and i been playing less and less over this years to the point of abandon it and come back only when new chapters arrives. I personally get tired of bugs that takes ages to get fixed. Behaviour really work slow on that field.

• shitman
    shitman Member Posts: 203

literally every game survivors find the key and escape through the hatch

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

To be fair, breakdown should just be disabled till it is fixed.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The games on discount because that's how they get you. You get into the game for next to nothing then you see all the DLC and realize "If I wanna really play the game there's all sorts of perks I need to unlock"

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

60% of my chest searches are green keys. its virtually impossible to use green keys cuz youre just gonna get tunneled to death

• Dylandal99

it's not a bug, they raised the percantages of spawning rarer items right with the DS nerf I think it's a trial but not a bug.

• GoodBoyKaru

please provide me documentation of where they said this. if it's a shadowbuff, which is seriously doubt cause they know how much that'd piss off every killer player ever, then okay. however, most "changes" are unintentional and, thus, game bugs :)

• Dylandal99

it's only what I think it's not documentated. I find it kinda hard to belive it's a bug when it comes as a buff to survivors right after a big nerf to them in another section . DS

• PlunderingPanda
    PlunderingPanda Member Posts: 112

Don't worry, new patch hits very soon. I think they said that now every chest open will spawn 2 items, and one is guaranteed to be a key (broken, dull, or skeleton).

• GoodBoyKaru

which explains why pallets still don't stun even after an attempted fix, because bhvr wanna shadowbuff them after nerfing ds and will soon nerf ooo.

• Dylandal99

pallets is a totally different story imo. pallets always been bugging after new releases, I've been playing this game since 2016 and never missed a patch and trust me the amount of times pallets have been bugged it's just countless. I 100% call that a bug . but no, not the chests they have to have adjusted the percentages for them.

• GoodBoyKaru

im well aware pallets havent been the most consistent of things.

but if they wanted to buff survivors to compensate for the ds change why would they buff chests? they could subtly increase vaulting speed, accidentally re-introduce the wake up bug and suddenly it's basekit for everyone our bad, or give a whole new raft of shadowchanges that would be a lot more subtle than increasing chest luck.

• Dylandal99

if you wanna talk about why's we can sit here chit chat till tomorrow morning my friend LUL.

in my humble opinion they chose the chests because it's a trial. ( my opinion) they wanna see statistics for win/lose ratio after DS nerf and key buff. ( personal opinion)

• Dylandal99

I 100% call it a bug not " buff" sorry missspelled that